Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pre-war swap meet in Chickasha OK

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scrapbmxrider16, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Scrapbmxrider16

Scrapbmxrider16

Is any one going to be out there? I'm coming up from Dallas with a couple old timers. I'd be more than excited to meet people from here

http://pre-war.com

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

stillrunners likes this.
  2. I plan to be there! On Friday, anyway.

Ben

stillrunners likes this.
  3. lake_harley

lake_harley

Two friends and I talked about going to the Pre-War Chickasha swap meet but we're a bit uncertain about what to expect. My friends are into cars much later than WWII but I have a couple Model A coupes...both are to be hot rods, HAMB friendly, but certainly post-war drivelines. I really don't need much sheet metal and body related, well, other than perhaps wishing for a much nicer body for Coupe #2. :D Is WWII a hard cut off for parts or do the offerings typically drift into the 50's and 60's?

I heard that a lot of stuff changes hands the day before the actual start of the meet on a lot adjacent to the fairgrounds. Is that true?

Lynn

4. Scrapbmxrider16

Scrapbmxrider16

This is my first time up there. And from the old times I've talked to yes it pretty much ends with the war unless the body style was carried through the war. There is a post war swap up there in may

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. rusty valley

rusty valley

i have never missed one yet. hope its a good turn out this year as its been sorta sliding down hill for a while. be prepared for ANY kind of weather !

stillrunners likes this.
  6. Joel W

Joel W

I am planning on it. Stopping at GaryR shop, then Tom Bay, & Okie Joes on the way there. Going to be a great run.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

stillrunners likes this.
  7. I'll see ya there.

8. Roothawg

Roothawg

Usually if you wait til Friday/Saturday, it’s over. The deals happen on Wednesday when everyone is lined up.

arkiehotrods likes this.
  9. rusty valley

rusty valley

Actually, the deals are on Thursday now as they bumped it up a day because of complaints from workin folks that could not get there during the week days. So, now it starts officially on Friday instead of Thursday in the old days, and so the gate opens for vendors to line up at noon on Thursday, i believe, as thats when the rent contract starts. On Wednesday there are usually a few early folks hangin out at the railroad track lot, and yes some are open for business, but most will arrive Thursday morning. This started about 3 years ago

stillrunners likes this.
  10. Roothawg

Roothawg

Thanks for the info.

11. Will try to drive up Saturday morning looking for a few parts for my Cabriolet - lucky I found one of three last year there and was really reasonable - like $25 for one of the folding landau's.

12. Kinda like Pate - I usually don't set out all - as most early buyers are re-sellers there - and I realize some buyers don't get off work at least until Friday.

13. rusty valley

rusty valley

Just looked at the long range weather forecast, not good. its a long ways out yet, room for improvement for sure

14. Roothawg

Roothawg

Yep, they are forecasting rain.

15. lake_harley

lake_harley

On the long range forecast I saw temps in the 50's and partly cloudy Thur. through Sat.. Windy...yeah. Doesn't seem too bad? Rain? Must have seen different forecasts than I did.

Lynn

16. SPEC

SPEC

I will be there, Thursday parking lot shopping is great.

17. rusty valley

rusty valley

I saw no rain, but cold as hell earlier in the week, warming up while we drive home. but.. it can change. Dark sky is my weather choice. not sure yet if they are the most accurate, but there is no adds or videos running...just the facts ma'am

18. We can hope it lingers in Cali longer - that's where it's coming from -and they can use it. Seems they are saying Saturday night the rain is coming in at the moment.

19. rusty valley

rusty valley

Well, after buying another bunch of flathead stuff last Saturday, I got home and decided instead of unloading, and put where?, I should load more and be a vendor! So, i am down here, 80 degrees today! stop in and see the dirty old guy in the red and white diesel dodge, 1989. happy shopping !

20. Hope y'all dodged the weather last night - good luck selling - seems I was off a weekend as I thought it was last weekend.

21. rusty valley

rusty valley

I was about 100 miles north last night, rained like a cow pissin on a flat rock ! In chickasha now. A few of us earlybirds hangin out

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    stillrunners likes this.
  22. SEMO

SEMO

We are roughly two hours away. Anything set out to sell yet

stillrunners likes this.
  23. Roothawg

Roothawg

If you see any 35-36 Ford Pickup beds, let me know.

24. Joel W

Joel W

25. Joel W

Joel W

stillrunners and Xtrom like this.
  26. Will try and sneak up Friday....looking to say hello - and maybe find a part for the Cabriolet.....might make a sign.

KKrod likes this.
  27. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Wish I could be there.

28. Scrapbmxrider16

Scrapbmxrider16

29. Hey, this isn't Poverty Flat's wheelie-T, is it???

[​IMG]

30. rusty valley

rusty valley

Root, there is a 35-36 box here, sorry i did not get a price-nobody was home at the time