Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rodders journal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ROBERT JAM, Oct 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

You made my point regarding my response to you. I did not give TRJ the money as a donation or to help out a family member. TRJ is not family nor are you. I have zero loyalty to them, I paid them to receive a product. Why should you pay me $280, you shouldn't even though for some odd reason you think we and TRJ are brothers for having a common interest and that I should keep quiet they took money from me. People need to be warned as their site is still accepting money for product, that is the true point many are making! Our money is lost but I would like to avoid this happening to others.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  2. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

I will also add that Ryan offered to take care of my subscription cost after hearing I lost $280 of direct spend on their site, this loss is not including the cost of subscription I purchased through HAMB. I appreciated the offer but refused. All I asked was that the Alliance/TRJ bundles he was offering be taken down to avoid others from being taken.

kadillackid and Irish Mike like this.
  3. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

One more final thought, TRJ has put Ryan in an uncomfortable position. The bundle he offered I believe was in good faith and IMO I do not think he should hold a financial burden because of TRJ. Food for thought if he offers you a refund.

kadillackid and 5window like this.
  4. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Where did they get that number? Pandering to the lucky number crowd?

5. grumpy65

grumpy65

It doesn't take much mental acuity to realize that the truth lies somewhere between the two statements above. Taking subscription money up front to supply a service/product is paramount to a 'contract' to supply said services/products. Obviously something is wrong at the TRJ end. This could be a multitude of things, and we should not jump to conclusions regarding the problem. We should definately not be calling them 'common crooks' without fully knowing and understanding the situation. It has been a hell of a time for many in the preceeding twelve months.

On the other side of the coin, TRJ should, in my opinion, be operating in a proactive manner, and communicating their circumstances to their clients. The silence at the moment is deafening, and does not instill any sort of confidence in their subscribers. It also seems disrespectful, considering that TRJ has already received payment in advance for services they are not currently supplying, for whatever reasons. Disappearing under a rock is not the solution. If they want some leeway at the moment, communication is the key. They should also stop taking new subscriptions if they cannot fulfill their end of the deal. Honesty is always the best policy.

Maybe TRJ will start communications again, and give their clients the respect they deserve. And lets hope that, with a little wriggle-room from all, they can make it right and correct the problem. Fingers crossed......................

This is just my version of the world..............yours may differ.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  6. In all honesty this thread has long since passed civility it needs to be shut down, this thread has spiraled out of control and members are starting to turn on each other.

Had this thread been political it would have been closed before it got started, the sooner it's closed the sooner we can get back to what this site is supposed to be TRADITIONAL HOT RODS & CUSTOMS. HRP

7. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

This has been a pretty civil thread. You know @HOTRODPRIMER you are not forced to enter this tread and read if its causing you distress and lost of enjoyment of Traditional Hot Rods. Many other threads on the HAMB to read and enjoy. Just saying

Members are not turning on each other. Open discussion and disagreements is not a cause to shut down a thread.

8. I don’t subscribe, so keep that in mind...But, I once read that a full page ad in TRJ cost $4000. Are the advertisers supposed to just calm down too? Or is it just the guys that are out hundreds of dollars?

Asking for a friend.

X38 likes this.
  9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Now y’all are just arguing. Enough already.

Outback, D-Russ, Papas32 and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.