Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest It's my HAMBaversary 20 years...WOW!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jethro, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Congrats. Maybe host a HAMBCHOP or help with a Hambrelay.
    Watch out for the waaaaambulance or the Hamb Police.

Tman, Deuces and AHotRod like this.
  2. atch

atch

WOW!

I just read through that old post. Many of the posts were made by old timers who don't come here any more. I miss a lot of them. Like Mike I'm a rather noob, I came on in late 2002. I never got flamed; I had lurked long enough to know how to come in the door tiptoeing. The only negative comment I got back then was from hatch, who thought I needed to change my name 'cause it was too close to his. Pretty tame stuff compared to what some of the noobies got.

Most of the folks who have responded to this have been here 15 years or more.

Congrats Jethro. b-t-w; you were the 116th person to join up. I don't know/remember how to find how many members that there are, but there are a bunch. There are 6-7 hundred members signed on right now.

3. atch

atch

b-t-w Jethro, Your avatar looks like Moonbeam on the Moon Eyes hauler at the salt flats. I saw it/them there in '98 at the 50th anniversary speedweek. Is that where you took the pic?

Deuces and Stogy like this.
  4. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was the very wet 2019 Speedweek. We had gone the year before and the conditions were outstanding , 2019 not so much. They didn't start running the course until midweek , we had to leave before that. That's my camper in the background.

chryslerfan55, Deuces and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  5. Kind of miss the older HAMB days, but it's been a fun ride. I'm coming up on the 20 year mark myself.

Sent from my SM-A102U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Tman and Deuces like this.
  6. 64krusty

64krusty

congrats Jethro, lets have a garage party this summer if the pandemic ever ends....Dana

dumprat, chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  7. AHotRod

AHotRod

Your not alone Jethro .... my 20 year is coming very soon too.

Deuces likes this.
  8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats on a milestone.
    I saw That Moon rig on your avatar at Trog at Pismo beach.
    [​IMG]

chryslerfan55, Deuces and tb33anda3rd like this.
  9. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like a plan!
    Hopefully the mounties won't bust it up like the last a&w cruise.

10. Congratulations on your 20th anniversary, like you I joined back when new members were proverbially beaten to a pulp, I had been warned to post a introduction it was suggested but required , I thought I did a pretty good job but not being a computer geek I didn't realize the caps lock was on.

Germ was the ring leader and like you after I saw some of the responses I could have posted the cure for cancer but I wouldn't have mattered, all I heard was bitching about yelling (CAPS LOCK).

I got a PM from Denise (hotrodladycruzer) & Randy (Deuce Roadster) encouraging me to hang in there and don't give up.

Some of those same antagonist I consider friends 18 years later. HRP

chryslerfan55, Deuces and abe lugo like this.
  11. beegator

beegator

Congratulations to you Jethro. It’s 15 yrs for me.

Deuces likes this.
  12. Congratulations Jethro!

Reading your post made me look to see how long I have been here & it turns out I missed my 10 year Hambaversary 2 weeks ago!
    I was very late to the internet car forum game for both business & pleasure. I didn't join my 1st car forum till '07-'08. Before that I had a 10 year running ad in Hemmings for my transport service, before that it was just word of mouth & I didn't really think I needed to be online as part of my hobby.
    I also fondly remember the Windows 3.1, 95, 98 days. Back then Dad & I built our own computers.... Go to the computer shows, buy an empty case, choose motherboard, chip, video & audio cards, memory, etc. I probably built 4 in just a few years, but got tired of chasing technology. Now I am way behind times when it comes to the latest & greatest in the way of phones, apps, etc

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

13. Hey Jethro...got you one of these...very HAMB traditional.

upload_2021-3-6_8-24-33.png

chryslerfan55, Tman and Deuces like this.
  14. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just what I needed!.....I'll wear it with pride

Thanks to all for the kind words!
    This place has been a big part of my day for over 1/3rd of my years.
    Thanks to Ryan for taking such good care of the site and all the moderators who try and referee all us Hoodlums.

I lOVE YOU GUYS!
    (too much? a little much?)

15. So...does this mean you are no longer a "Grenade Inspector"?

Its been a trip, huh?

Deuces likes this.
  16. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

I lurked and read for what seemed like years. I don't have a lot of patience for keyboard warriors and bullies. The old HAMB wasn't for the thin skinned. I finally joined in 2009 I think. I still don't post much. Congratulations on 20.

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  17. Congrats, Jethro.
    I just lurked here for a long, long time. NoSurf (Jay), just lived down the road from me. I figured that since Jay is such a nice person, the H.A.M.B. had to be a okay place to be. Yet, I was not sure, with all the "banning", of new members. Back then, a lot of newbie members were a mess and needed to be banned from the H.A.M.B.

18. Congrats Jethro!! 20 more at least.
    I too was a lurker for about a year. Mine is comming up on 15 too. I can't believe it. I remeber movie through the ranks; Newbie, Grenade Inspector etc.... I got beat up a bit, still do sometimes. Look at us now!

19. Onemansjunk

Onemansjunk
    from Modesto,CA

After my first post the I felt the H.A.M.B. was HOSTILE-ANGRY-MEN-BITCHES !

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

You were here when this place was incredibly brutal, what a difference from todays forum.

21. At least then we didn't have endless "hey show us your (insert item)" threads

Budget36 and Frankie47 like this.
  22. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The beatings weren't that bad....I still have one good eye and the bruises are mostly gone. The sad thing is there were a lot of really knowledgable guys and gals that have left us for whatever reason. Some were run off some were banned but they are missed. This site is what WE make it , Ryan and his minions help us to color in the lines. I have gained so much useful knowledge here(some useless too). I have traded buying magazines for my alliance membership and it has been worth every cent.

23. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I would like to see the what is this worth threads automatically deleted.....

Tman likes this.
  24. wicarnut

wicarnut

25. Milestone for sure, you made me look at mine. Holy Shit I have been working on my 53 for over 20 years, thanks for reminding me of how little time I have.

26. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Congrats on your 20 years. Been on here since 2008 and did a lot of lurking for several years. Only chewed out once that I can remember. Was over not filling out my intro when I actually had, if the gentleman would have looked before educating me. It's a great place that has taught me a tremendous amount over the years.

27. Congrats. I'm 2 months away from my 20th as well. Not entirely sure how I feel about that :rolleyes:

Thankfully I missed Aaron's junk pic, not sure how, I was here all the time back then. I did see some girl with a Pontiac post a topless shot. She pulled it sown again after maybe 10 minutes. Didn't get a screen cap unfortunately :D

Let's drag up the Whut Iz Ur Dream Ridez post again, that was fun.

28. Happy Anniversary! 20 is a milestone for sure.
    Almost to the 19 mark myself, and I remember those early flamings. It was serious napalm some times. But they were so hilarious you couldn’t help but laugh out loud.
    Who was the member that did the Vietnamese dialect? Absolutely hysterical!
    I got hooked on the personalities as much as the traditional rod info.

29. gene-koning

gene-koning

I joined as 50dodge4x4, probably around 2001 or 2002. I was one of the lucky guys that got slammed in the great reset of 2003. Then in 2016 my computer crashed and I couldn't remember my password. Since the truck I took my name as had been dead for over 5 years, I figured I should start with a different name as well.

My 1st post back then was an introduction but my 2nd post was an answer for a question someone posted because I'd just went through the very situation he was asking about. I don't ever remember receiving any crap for being a newbie, probably because I started out with an answer rather then some stupid post. They sure did hand out a lot of crap back then.
    The HAMB was a lot of more open to a wider version of "how to" threads then then what is accepted now. Things are more on topic now then they were back then, which is probably good, but a lot of great info has been banned or lost in recent times, which I'm sorry to see.
    That said, its still a great place to get information, and most of the guys are OK too. Gene

30. Thank you for your service sir.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

warhorseracing and 41 GMC K-18 like this.