Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are you doing to get ready for the 2022 Meltdown Drags (the Final Meltdown)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Battery box next to the Lakeshore Shaker Salty, looks like the Ford still has some wiring gremlins from 2018 :eek:

I would like a rematch with the Lakeshore Shaker, come on out from hiding under the porch Scott, :D
    its only a little Tick Bite :p
    Lakeshore Shaker.jpg

2. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I miss Scott . You guys are just jealous that FORD had so much power that he could tear the front spring hangers out and rotate the rear end up into the quarters! lol Larry

3. First On Race Day...

Skeered the Okie Doker away...

4. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

First to break on race day, or was that Jackson? :D
    Larry if you need some help just give me a shot, lord knows you will need some. ;)

chryslerfan55 and 30dodgeboy like this.
  6. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

No it wasn’t me I ran my car all weekend with no issues even pulled a big wheel stand and with the new chassis updates gonna be doin that this year too in the afx

Chrome don’t get ya home

7. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Larry I miss Scott and his Dad too, it is always an adventure just to B.S. with them. Took 3 years to race Scott, car wasn't ready or he had broke it before we could race. "example the 2017 axle problem" :oops:
    Finally Sunday at the the 2018 Meltdown "after Salty fixed the wireing issue Saturday" ;) we ran.

Even though I lost, it was one of the best the best race's for me after the 3 years of smack talk. :D .000 time slip.jpg

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  8. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Norb , I was there and saw that race! That was the day I met Scott , you and Jackson in person after years of smack talking on here. I was just the guy who had not raced in 25 years but really wanted to join in in all the fun you where having. I met James the year before and and after all these years of bull shitting I feel like he is a brother from a different mother! Only difference is that I haven't been able to grow a pony tail in 40 years! lol After that day the Meltdown went away:(, But now Jeff and the boys are bringing it back and since I am retiring in April, its Shop Time!! lol. My car will never be as fast as you guys but hopefully I got one more chance to join the Band! I play a really mean body hammer;);) lol . Remember the weekend of Fall Out is my 66th birthday and the Marauders trunk can hold 12 cases of beer and a cooler of Wisconsin Brats! lol Now keep this thread going, I miss this stuff!! Larry

9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Larry you better use that body hammer to knock about 1000# off that land barge you plan on bringing. :D

10. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

I'll be there with my 55. Not sure what changes will be made to it, though. Currently, I'm still building my new tow vehicle.....A 55 Chevy Cameo pickup.

55 At The 1st USPEC.jpg Windshield B.jpg Steering Column A 5 9 2020.jpg

11. Roothawg

Roothawg

12. Johnny and crew are great guys too!

13. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Thank you, from my brothers, nephews, and myself. Everyone that we've met through the years, at The Meltdown Drags, have been a class act, and Great people.

Of course, a BIG Thank You goes out to the Meltdown crew for having the upcoming Meltdown Drags, and putting on the previous 9 Meltdown Drags.

14. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Sold Tickety Boo today as a roller to buy a new project that my race buddy Jay started about 10 years ago.
    Jay's other car a Falcon "Just Falcon Around" that he ran at the Meltdown is sold, a young man in Ohio bought it.
    I used to tease Jay and say he was building this project cause he knew the only way to beat me was to build a Chevy :p

Tickety Boo went a good home locally and you may see it again "only running Faster" LOL
    Had a lot of fun running her for the last 20 years, but Old Chevys Never Die They Only Go Faster ;)
    Hope to have the new car done for the 2022 event, if not done, God willing will be there with the avitar 64 Chevelle.

Picking the new car up tomorrow,. I will be joining the Tri-five straight axle club :D
    Ann gave me a key chain vial with his ashes in, my goal is to give him a ride faster then he ever went. ;)

Norb

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  15. Good luk on the new project. Do we get to see pictures of it any time soon?

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  16. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Norb, You sold the Tickster! Sorry to hear that, after 20 years that would be like giving up your----- well I guess your not healthy enough for sexual activity anymore! ;) Lets see some pictures of this tri five { Tickey Boo Two?? lol} You should put a 427 FORD in it in honor of your friend! :D Still want to see ya at Fall Out! Larry

chryslerfan55, loudbang and saltflats like this.
  17. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Holy crap norb I can’t believe you sold Tickety boo but I understand the next chapter opening up

Chrome don’t get ya home

chryslerfan55, loudbang and saltflats like this.
  18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sounds like a easier car for a old fart to get into. :D

19. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Larry no its not Red............ yet ;) About the sexual activity thing, heard on the car radio today that men having sex regularly live on average of 12 years longer, when I got home told the wife that she's trying to kill me. :rolleyes:

Salty its got no cage in it yet, lots easyer to get into Lol
    8 56.jpg

20. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Tickety Boo's engine and transmission is going into the 56, so in the next chapter, there will be a clap of Chevy Thunder in to a Poison Ivy patch followed by a Tick bite. Lol ;)

Attached Files:

21. I can’t speak for everyone else, but in primer that car looks like a certain ‘55 from....well, you know which movie.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Tickety Boo and loudbang like this.
  22. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Load it up and bring it down, I can fix that problem. ;)

23. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Happy Birthday Salty, did you hide your easter eggs yet?

24. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Still trying to find the ones I hid last year. :(

25. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

I've been getting things done on the new tow vehicle. The front sheetmetal is on, and the box is assembled. All of the glass is in, and I finally decided on what trans to use. It now has an original 3 speed OD trans behind the Power Pack 283. I just painted the radiator this afternoon, and the seat, door panels, and headliner are in the upholstery shop.

R Front March 20 2021.jpg Right Rear March 3 2021.jpg Engine 283 B 5 9 2020.jpg

26. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

That Cameo pickup, sure is lookin' nice.

loudbang and Torkwrench like this.
  27. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Thank you. Here are a few photos of what it used to be like.

The first is from when my Dad bought it in the fall of 1987.

The second is from when I completely rebuilt it for him in about 1991.

The third is from when it was totaled in May 1996.

The last is the for sale ad from when Dad bought it. At the time the choice was between the Cameo and a brand new 1987 Jeep Comanche.

Here's a link to the build thread, with more info and photos. Yeah, it's taken quite awhile to get this far. LOL!

Projects - 1955 Chevy Cameo. Build Thread | The H.A.M.B. (jalopyjournal.com)

scan0012.jpg Cameo Pre-accident.JPG scan0015.jpg scan0002.jpg

GlassThamesDoug and loudbang like this.
  28. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Holy cow!

We are exactly one year out!

IMG_5238.JPG

29. squirrel

squirrel

My wife mentioned to me today that she saw the announcement today on fb. And that she would like to go!

so I put it on my calendar. We'll see what happens