Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 Chevy 3W Coupe Barn Find (Edited)

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by ratamahata, Mar 2, 2021.

1. [​IMG]

Hey guys ... This is a project that started in July 2020, Chevy Master 3W Coupe ... It began by dismantling the entire body, then it was marked by where to go to make the choptop. Sandblasting and painting of all body parts was also done.

Being at work I don't have much time to publish so I made this video with photos and videos that I took over time. I hope you enjoy it. Thank you

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  2. scotts52

scotts52

That's really cool. Hard enough to find and build one here in the states. I can only imagine the work you have before you. Looks complete and solid considering how old it is and having the wood framing.

3. Thanks for the reply... The wood framing was very solid, some areas were very rotted and impossible to save.
    If we look carefully in the first video there are another chevy 33' but not a Master deluxe or Eagle... It's a Chevy Mercury or Standard model coupe at the rear.

nunattax, wood remover, TFoch and 3 others like this.
  4. AHotRod

AHotRod

Great video showing your story and challenges, great job and project!

ratamahata and Stogy like this.

5. I had one for a few months but had too many hotrods...had to sell the 33 off. Beautiful cars! 33chev.jpg

brEad, Tim, Nailhead A-V8 and 6 others like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bring it on @ratamahata...can't wait to see what you come up with...Full Fendered, Highboy, or Bobbed Rears and Cycle Fronts?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    TFoch and ratamahata like this.
  7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

8. Jet96, TFoch, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  9. Something weird hahahaha ... The first idea was that it would look like a 32 Ford 3W but it is more similar to a 33-34 3W. I was going to go with a 32 mask and the strangest thing was on a 32 chassis ... Then I thought about making it channeled and keeping the 33 chevy chassis which is quite strong. The only thing that I do not like much the parallel springs ...

Stogy likes this.
  10. Beautiful picture thanks for sharing!!

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

11. wood remover and Stogy like this.
  12. Stogy likes this.
  13. What do you think about the aesthetics body lines? About the short butt, large door and big front...
    There are some differences in lines Ford versus Chevrolet on those years...
    Since I chopped the top, I would positioning cowl, top and quarters and would shortening the doors. I dont know... I saw others that add 2" at the quarters for a better look.

14. These chev's are a challenge,but great looking cars when done , I have a 33 master 3 window as well but no time . House Reno going on . Will be watching ,up in the air about chopping it or not 20150811_215417.jpg

15. celebrate the non ford. chevy should look like a chevy.

nunattax, SS327, Bandit Billy and 6 others like this.
  16. tommy gun 88

tommy gun 88
    from chicago

Personally i think the chevy coupes from this era are the best looking. Now if they went with a stronger structure and less wood..we would probably have a lot more of them ‍♂️

Stogy, ratamahata and VANDENPLAS like this.
  17. Too bad you are so far , wrecking a 4 door now with really good tin and excellent wood . 20181008_112428.jpg

18. I passed on a 1934 olds, and I have regretted it ever since. It was crudely chopped,the wood was patched with hockey sticks ( must be a Canadian thing) and the headlights were being frenched into the fenders. I should have bought it anyway. Good luck with your chevy.

TFoch and Stogy like this.
  19. The hood on my car has 4 louvers , the 1933 canadian cars had these hoods instead of the American style with the opening doors .

TFoch, ratamahata and Stogy like this.
  20. You're right... Exactly ... that is what I want to make my client see since I know the deuce in his head ... I think that with the progress of the project he will understand it.

wood remover, TFoch and Stogy like this.
  21. Great looking 3W... Leaving the wooden aside, the sheet metal appears to be thicker than several Fords I work with!

wood remover and Stogy like this.
  22. I once asked at Hamb why Ford was so popular in hot rodding ... one answer was because chevys were eaten by termites ... When disassembling the parts of these I found virgin sheet metal and wood that looked new and with a vibrant color ... Maybe it was not a car that would last 100 years intact but in the 40's or 50's they would be eaten?

Stogy, wood remover and Nailhead A-V8 like this.
  23. Yes, I understand you ... a bad job but I think that if you remove the wood, only the outer skin remains, and it is easier to weld from the inside and outside ... It's not like the Fords that also have another metal structure inside ...

Stogy and wood remover like this.
  24. Do you have any pictures?

Stogy likes this.
  25. Very good shape...

Stogy and wood remover like this.
  26. elgringo71

elgringo71

I enjoyed the video. I’m looking forward to updates on this build

Stogy likes this.
  27. Old friend Gringo... I hope you are going well with the snow over there in Texas!

Stogy, wood remover and elgringo71 like this.
  28. elgringo71

elgringo71

Yes I am, thanks and take care my friend

Stogy and ratamahata like this.
  29. Very cool project! I have a 33 Chevy Cabriolet. Good luck with the build, I'll be watching!

nunattax, Stogy, wood remover and 2 others like this.
  30. Cool project... I think I'm getting all the bowties together