Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Best place to buy Cruiser Skirts??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zombiefink, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Hey guys,

So ive got a few ideas in my head but the latest for my project (59 fairlane lwb hearse) is to add cruiser skirts.

Problem being, in Australia i dont know where to geddem.

Ive sussed out a place called Fender Skirt Depot in Arizona 'n they seem to be the go to, emailed em n nothing though. Possible i may be a tad impatient..

But, either way - Im not fussy, so a set of repro glass foxcrafts sounded like a sweet idea - especially for sub 1k including the trim n mounts!

So if not Fender Skirt Depot, then where to?
    Hoping for a set of 12x60's or 14x60's. (Whichever would fit a fairlane better)

*Keep in mind I'll need em posted to Australia.

And yknow, glass ones will be easier to modify too since I've got some ideas, whether they're good or not is yet to be determined!! Hahaha

Cheers folks
    Jackson

Beepx22 likes this.
  2. Getting cruiser skirts might be more difficult than you think. The Fender Skirt Depot is ok, as I have dealt with them a few times. Over the last few years they have absorbed a few other fender skirt companies that I also used to deal with. One in California, and one in Canada. What I noticed is now that Fender Skirt Depot bought out those other companies, there has been quite a jump in their prices.
    Big Jim's is another company I used to deal with, even after Big Jim passed away a number of years ago. His family took over the business and they did fine. Recently Jim's wife decided to retire and one of her kids took over the business. They re-organized and changed the name and they seemed to be doing good, but recently I noticed their website is down with no further explanation. Hopefully it's just a website problem and they didn't go out of business.
    I guess the only advice I can offer is to keep an eye on Ebay and maybe you'll score a set. Good luck! E

stanlow69 likes this.
  3. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

How about Nightprowlers? I think the have all sorts of things for hotrods and kustoms.

4. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Lets see a pic. Never seen a 59 Fairlane hearse!!! Lippy

5. mopacltd

mopacltd

There is a place in Prescott, AZ that makes fiberglass skirts. I will try to get a phone# and address for you today.

6. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

With some of the work I have seen that came out of Australia, you should have no problem finding a craftsman to build you a set, and the best part no shipping, if you like to drive. In fact have someone build you a set right off your vehicle.

7. Night Prowlers changed hands a number of years ago and everyone I've talked to about the new owners have reported problems in dealing with them. I personally haven't dealt with them since the ownership change, so maybe they might be worth a shot. Be fore warned, their prices seem high. E

That is the Fender Skirt Depot. E

8. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Big Jim's is now Bj's fender skirts www.bsfenderskirts.com and I just tried that link and page shows a Vrown Victoria with cruiser skirts and lake pipes. But the page states COMING SOON and there are no active info or links. Good luck finding what you want. Jimmie

9. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

http://www.fenderskirtdepot.com/

Looks like they purchased a couple of fender skirt suppliers, from the above website:

"In August of 2018, Glass-Action, LLC purchased Fender Skirt Depot. All of the massive inventory was trucked from Ca. to Az. We moved into a new larger building in Sept 2018 to accommodate both companies.

We wish Bill a wonderful retirement and hope to talk often. He is a walking knowledge of Classic Cars and of course Fender Skirts! We will keep the name Fender Skirt Depot, answering the phone Glass-Action/Fender Skirts.

On October 30, 2019, FenderSkirtKing.com has merged with FenderSkirtDepot.com.

We too, wish Reg and Mary a happy retirement."

Google Maps says it is 295 miles from here, not much chance I will stop by.

Russ

p.s.
    2020 05 14 Side view.jpg
    Mine were custom made by Smooth Engineering in Phoenix, AZ. Car is on jack stands (chasing a fuel leak).

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Make 'em yourself...while not exactly "Cruiser" skirts, here's some I built for my '55 Caddy-they measure about 14 inches by 74 inches...held in place by 6 bolts...

Build a framework of round rod...
    DSCN8433.JPG

Used a Harbor Freight roller to form the sheet metal...welded three pieces together...
    DSCN8447.JPG

Painted and attached...
    DPP_0003.JPG

Surely there must be some craftsmen in Australia that can build a set of unique skirts for you...

R-

fauj, Just Gary, ElmCityGeoff and 5 others like this.
  11. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those look great. Nice job and style....goes great with your quarter panel restyle...

40StudeDude likes this.
  12. If you're still looking I got a set of real 14x60s $1000