Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Lightnin' Bug's TV Debut...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Lightnin' Bug's TV Debut...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. egads

egads

The 1958 Peter Gunn episode- Sister's of the friendless- also had Norm and the T. He was beating the crap out of the poor thing.

reagen, RICH B, mrpontiac and 8 others like this.
  3. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I always loved the look of Norm's bucket !!! It was very close to the way I had built a few cut up plastic model rods in the early 50s,so the style fit what I was doing before,look super great to me!
    77 Sunset Strip locked in the look as well,so my own first full size hot rod build had that,kind of looks like Norm's rod "LOOK"
    Norm was off the screen,a super cool guy anyway,wished I got to meet him,but I lived in Miami/Coconut Grove, Florida.
    I did make a funny failed attempt at getting on "Surfside 6"with my hot rod.., it was a later sister show but 1960, too earlyer "77 Sunset Strip."

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    Jungle Jalopy and egads like this.

4. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

I love that the car was restored, but it's a damn it's shame no one will ever have that much fun slinging it around again!

Jungle Jalopy, dana barlow and egads like this.
  5. How hot rods are meant to be driven!

Reminds me of another roadster

6. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I always picture (incorrectly) T-Buckets being rather "spindley" and delicate...obviously Norm didn't see it that way:cool:

Jungle Jalopy, egads and bchctybob like this.
  7. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

A bit of worthless trivia: Dino's portrayed in 77 Sunset Strip was actually Scandia and was owned by Robert E. Petersen at one time. Ad salesman had open accounts there and the food was outstanding!

dana barlow and Jungle Jalopy like this.
  8. Jungle Jalopy

Jungle Jalopy

That Peter Gunn episode is so rad. Funn fact. Each intro to the show has a live action soundtrack. It’s always the tune “Fallout” but it’s different every time.

mrpontiac, egads and dana barlow like this.
  9. I just watched that episode two nights ago!

egads likes this.
  10. Check out Von Franco’s “The Car That Ate My Brain” put out by Mad Fabricators. He documents the car from the early versions of the Lightnin’ Bug all the way until it became the Kookie Car.