Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects It’s alive!!! A 1964 Chrysler tale....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Fargo, May 25, 2020.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Is the car in your possession? If so you shouldn’t have trouble finding it :D

oldwood, 57 Fargo and loudbang like this.
  2. Ha!! That was my thought Larry, I misplace lots of things but I know where all my cars are!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

You 2 better keep your day jobs. Oh you don't have jobs. lol Don't worry ?oe and the Ho will save you.

4. Number one, don’t bring politics to my thread, number two I don’t count on anyone for anything, number three I have a very good job...number four...I’ll stop there

Also you do know both of us live in Canada right?

5. You're Canadian?? Well that explains why it's so dang cold at your place! :D

61Cruiser, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

It was a joke, JOKE. Just messin with ya. Sorry I offended ya. You still have a nice car.

7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Yes but you still haven’t said if you found the car. :D

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    loudbang and 57 Fargo like this.
  8. Sorry, all good, I take a lot personally I shouldn’t, I get my exercise flying off the handle and jumping to conclusions...I do hope you find it!

9. Yup!! I never got to pulling seats etc this weekend. I’ll try again next weekend. Tell Ashley they are coming!

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. She asked if you were gonna have her make your covers, i told her that you had to shovel a path to the garage through 4 feet of snow and take them apart in sub zero temperatures.... so it might be a few days before you send them, she just looked at me with a blank face lmao!

11. Ha! Ha! I had every intention of getting to it this weekend but it just never happened, I ran out of time!

12. I hear ya man, I've busted my ass this weekend, both days, block sanding on 2 cars. Need to get both of them in paint, but there ain't enough hours in the day. Back to the firehouse tmrw, so I'll get back to them Tuesday :rolleyes:

13. As our weather gradually improves I’m left contemplating changes to be made, I have two chrome reverse wheels and am working a deal on two more. They are 14”. I had @The Moose do a photoshop of them and the car a n inch or two lower, and some bellflower tips, I like it. I may do some very minor custom changes such as shaving the trunk lid and cleaning up the grill a little, nothing major.

I will do as I see fit but feel free to share thoughts and opinions.

IMG_2586.JPG

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  14. atch

atch

I've been staring at this pic off and on for 2 days. I've concluded that taller tires would be an improvement. I realize, however, that buying new tires before wearing out what's there gets quite expensive. And at the rate we drive some of these old cars it might take several years to wear out the existing tires.

It's probable, though, that the tire size conflict that I'm seeing is the result of photoshopping different wheels/tires on to your car. I'm betting that the actual size of the tires you currently have on the car are larger than the pic above shows.

Keep on keepin' on. Your car is a primo cruiser. I'd let it drip oil in my garage any day.

15. Nope! Needs a set of cragar S/S wheels on it bubba ;)

16. atch

atch

Cragars would probably be the best 5-spoke wheels for a 64 Chizzler, but I'm thinking chrome wheels with chrome baby moons would be better. It is a luxobarge after all...

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  17. I really want a set of Chrysler wires for it, just fitting them in the budget is tough right now. I haven’t pulled the trigger on the other two chrome reverse yet. I absolutely hate baby moons, can’t do it! . I would still like narrow whitewalls for it.

The tires are pretty much the stock size

18. atch

atch

The wires would be a great look.

loudbang likes this.
  19. gtokid70

gtokid70

I definitely think wires of some sort. Im looking for wires for mine even a set of wire baskets. Mine being a mor door options are few. Your 2 door rag top gives for more good options. The car itself looks great, the right wheels will only inhance its beauty.

Sent from my SM-T510 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. Yea I would even settle for a decent set of wire wheel covers.

21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

The biggest problem with the big wire wheel covers is keeping them on the car and not lying in some random ditch.

I had a nice set of Pontiac wire wheel covers and always kept a spare set to replace the runaways ;):D

22. I could see that.

loudbang likes this.
  23. Big update today!!!

Wait for it....

Fixed the gas gauge....ran a ground wire from the tank to the frame. Didn’t t bother to take a picture of that.

24. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Well yah gotta like that, "progress not perfection"....

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  25. It’s still not overly warm up here but I did fire it up for the first time since October. Then decided to have a look at the gas gauge, then moved on to an off topic project. Still tracking down Carburetors then the manifold fun will begin!

26. IMG_2613.JPG IMG_2614.JPG IMG_2615.JPG

Just sitting there, need a couple carb spacers and some weather warm enough to wash under the hood and paint the rest of the engine...

27. IMG_2629.JPG

Outside for the first time this year, a couple more weeks and I should be driving it, too many rocks on the road still, the windshield doesn’t have a chip in it.

Stogy, LAROKE, 61Cruiser and 5 others like this.
  28. Looks like you found some carbs?

29. Wanderlust

Wanderlust

Come on don’t be a pansy, took mine out today, drove thru your neck of the woods. My windshields still pristine.

30. Considering the rock I took in the windshield of my pickup yesterday, I’ll wait another week or two....64 Chrysler windshields are neither easy to find nor cheap.