Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Old Medium Duty Truck Transmissions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Forward Look Frank, Feb 23, 2021.

1. 62SY4

62SY4
    from Irwin, Pa

There is one that just covers this era medium duty transmissions. It a brown cover and about 2" thick. I have a copy, it would be mid week next week before I could get you anything tangible. If you had a one off specific question (i.e. case or input shaft interchange), could probably get you something tomorrow or the next day

2. Thank you very much! I am grateful. I'm looking for a complete transmission interchange as well as input shaft interchange. Most likely they will even out but you never know. I hear 57-61 Dodge but that's speculation from a few fellow truck members. I do know Dodge used one bellhousing from 57-58 and then changed in 59-61. Not sure of the rhyme or reason, most likely due to new transmission and motor mounts. Thanks again for your help. -Frank

3. SS327

SS327

They all are from about 55–66 and most have their ptos. All from a Chevy or GMC I believe they are 420s. Some even have speedo huckups. Anything I can do to help.