Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration What's up with The Rodders Journal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mikko_, Feb 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The cheerleaders grow quieter and quieter must be getting harder to think up new excuses for these guys.

Deucedreamer, willysguy, Tman and 2 others like this.
  2. It'll be 12 months this week since I subscribed and I have received nothing. Nada. Zilch... Not a cracker! I was advised by them last April to buy issue #83 where ever I could,because they weren't sure where it had got to. So I'm guessing 84 and possibly 85 have disappeared into the publishing Bermuda Triangle as well. Ah well,back to buying it at the newsagents I suppose....

3. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

I had a problem with an order recently. They answered my E mail in short order and corrected the problem by shipping new merchandise out quickly. I hope they get this sorted out quickly. They produce a quality product that I enjoy and hope to continue to.

D-Russ and seadog like this.
  4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

We're about due for a new issue???????????????????

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd think we should be, maybe our resident Rodder's Journal dude could fill us on when to expect the next issue.

6. I called this to his attention in post 56

7. Fuck the next issue NOT ONE subscriber outside the US has received the last issue.

Baumi, willysguy, PoTaToTrUcK and 3 others like this.
  8. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

I emailed three weeks back asking for a refund as I've received nothing, not even a reply? email has been resent. They REALLY need to get on to their customer service, I've been subscribing for some years now, but thats it for me, I cant afford to throw $$ away.

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I can see the end of TRJ.
    Won’t be nice not having the issues to read.

Wait a minute, I suppose it won’t be much different than it is now :D

10. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

11. -Brent-

-Brent-

The shipping debacle of the last quarter of 2020 has made for a great excuse for a lot of companies.

Sure, there are some shipping issues still but if there's a communication issue along with it... then it's likely not all the shipper's fault.

12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Shipping issues is a bullshit excuse.
    I’ve purchased parts from the US and from other parts of the world including from the UK.

I’ve also shipped packages for orders of a motorcycle part I make and haven’t had any issues.

My packages arrive as they should, pretty much the same as before this nonsense emergency started.

13. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Well my bad for just getting a subscription. Sure hope they get their shit sorted out.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

How long did it take to get into Canada after it arrived "stateside"?

15. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Chapters out here still carry it.

16. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I buy my at a chain bookstore as when I used to subscribe to many magazines t least every two months one would be damaged. More expensive? Sure but at least I'm not owed anything. It's too bad that the reliability of threads concerning subscribers of TRJ isn't matched by TRJ itself!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

A local friend asked me to look here for any talk of a problem with TRJ. Seems friends of his in Australia placed a 2021 calendar order in November and have not received anything and had no response to email inquiries. My friend called TRJ office with no answer. Looks like this thread has answered their questions.

Lee

LTM75110 likes this.
  18. KFC

KFC
    from UK

If they haven’t shipped to subscribers out side the USA an issue that came out last 1/4 of last year, they probably aren’t ever going to.
    The last “official” statement on their Facebook to over seas subscribers was January 3rd, almost 2 months ago! I’d not call that tackling the problem.
    How much slack do you cut them? I got the life time subscription first time round, I’d guess I’ve had half a dozen issues?! I can’t really see their reputation ever coming back from this. Silence is doing more harm than good, doesn’t take much to be honest and say we are in the shit and trying our best to work it out.

PoTaToTrUcK, willysguy and K13 like this.
  19. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

To bad I’m still hopeful but the lack of communication will be their Down Fall !

20. 34Larry

34Larry

My subscription ran out last fall, I did not renew. I have every issue up to 84, I don't know what issue if any came out after that. Like most of you here, I think/thought it was superb, best ever. I actually just ran out of space for more, hated to drop the subscription but .............. Sad if it is gone.

Lil32 likes this.
  21. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Today is Feb 26th, 2021. I received the 2020 Holiday Catalog in todays mail. Just saying.

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  22. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad to hear--I also cancelled last fall and gave away all of mine to friends. Also cancelled Hemmings as mentioned above as it is much thinner and has less content.

23. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well this is an interesting thread.... :rolleyes:
    Like others have posted, I went for the TRJ subscription combo deal when I renewed my Alliance status here last year and have yet to receive a single copy.
    Sure would like to see this get resolved, especially for @toml24 .
    As for me, if I don't see another issue in my mailbox I guess I'll just figure that I've bought a couple rounds of refreshments for the hard-working folks who put out a great magazine.

KKrod and Lil32 like this.
  24. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

ANYONE who posts any threats to anyone from the HAMB WILL Be BANNED.

OR ADDRESSES.

I don’t care how long you have been on here.

I’ve know Ryan long enough to post this so if you want to be looking from the outside in - don’t post threats or addresses of ANYONE.

Speedy Canuck, 5window, Lil32 and 4 others like this.
  25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Sorry fellas. I’m fine with people posting opinions. However, you post threats of in person violence, you can kiss my ass and be gone.

That is someone’s daughter... A HAMBER’s in fact.

26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Oh... and I’m 100% a TRJ cheerleader. Hell, I should be president of the fan club.

That all being said, I get why people are upset.

Scooterville, 5window, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  27. Silverplate

Silverplate

I received the 2020 Holiday catalog the first week of February here in Fort Worth. I subscribe to several magazines that I have yet to see a December issue as of yet. I got Holiday cards late in January. Wish everyone used Amazon to deliver.

28. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Not sure what sort of douchebaggery I missed but thanks for not locking down the thread.

We need answers from @TRJ

29. Jay McDonald

Jay McDonald

you can apologize for them all day long but when you collect money for a service and then don't provide that service that is fraud, no excuse for it. And yes, I got took for some money too.

30. adam401

adam401

20210227_172626.jpg
    I just recieved this today. While I know its not the entire problem, there is certainly a component of this thats a carrier/shipping issue. They didnt just mail this out its been floating around somewhere for a while
    Im a subscriber and still a fan. Sometimes shit gets fucked up.

Lil32, stanlow69, micksmith and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.