Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you do for a living

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 210superair, Jan 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

I am surprised that no one here has had a remark to make about this!;)

2. noboD

noboD

I ain't touchin' it.

winduptoy and Sandgroper like this.
  3. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

Service laboratory equipment, Gas Chromatgraphs and Mass Spectrometers, but only for 9 more months!!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Can't knock what a person does for a living, I'm amazed by the diversity.

5. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm a whore...I'm a licensed Mechanical Contractor.
    Facility work... Facility engineer for a couple different semiconductor manufacturers... Got tired of defending my department to the process guys.
    Into business, millwright, precision millwright, large tonnage HVAC/R
    It's been good to me but trying to quit and have some me time...
    It's interesting work that gets me places a lot of folks don't get to go...
    Just a couple of weeks ago swapping out some compressors and pumps. IMG_20210113_105017619.jpeg IMG_20201221_111357916.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  6. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I don't get it, why? Embroidery?

I sew. That an issue? Lots of upholstery guys on here.

So what grade are you in?

7. fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

I apologize if I hurt your feelings. I wasn't referring to the embroidery business. I wish I could sew. I am in the 10th grade and it has been the best five years of my life!

210superair, Sandgroper and wraymen like this.
  8. 61SuperMonza

61SuperMonza

Professional smart ass

Sandgroper likes this.
  9. LBCD

LBCD

Been working 2 jobs since 87...drummer and Sheet Metal.
    My first love is drumming and have played with numerous bands and toured the US and Europe, it’s an on and off gig that I can jump back into when ever I want depending on how much time I can take off from my day job. Going back into the studio to work on a few songs for a friend in March.
    That said my day job is working for the LA Sheriff Dept doing Sheet Metal (local 105). I’m the shop guy that rarely sees the inside of the jail’s and like it like that. I also build my own drums and drum sets on the side and basically built and sold drums to fund my 41 build.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    41 GMC K-18, jnaki, quick85 and 15 others like this.
  10. Wow! Love that custom drum! I play harmonica and baritone ukulele in a band (that's me with the white hat). Our drummer also plays in Martin O'Malley's band "O'Malley's March". He is the ex-govenor of Maryland and was a presidential candidate. 726.jpeg

quick85, Okie Pete, wraymen and 8 others like this.
  11. fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Amateur, I do it for no pay!

12. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Didn't hurt my feelings buddy, flex it all you care to do, certainly it's your prerogative to do so.

So what exactly did you find objectionable about the ops post then? Perhaps I misunderstood...

13. noboD

noboD

I'm thinking he was talking about being a cattle breeder. Puts an ugly picture in my head.

14. Fordors

Fordors

I would think cattle breeding is a skilled occupation, we have all seen how dog breeders solely intent on profit have f’d up some dogs giving them bad traits. Proper, selective breeding ensures a good supply of milk and beef and any responsible dairy man wouldn’t have it any other way.
    A joke at the expense of a man’s occupation? No thanks.

quick85, wraymen and 210superair like this.
  15. fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

I did not find anything objectionable. It was just the thought of breeding cattle that brought back a memory of my ex father-in-law talking about when he worked at a dairy farm. He and his buddies would have their way with calves. They would stick the calves hind legs in their rubber boots to keep them from getting away until one day when a calf had a bad case of diarrhea and filled his boots. That broke him up from breeding cows!
    Sorry if my remark came off as juvenile.

210superair likes this.
  16. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

Had to guys at a party going on about sheep an doing that shit. The whole room got real still an they realized it wasn't funny to the type crowd they where in. Shutup an left not long after that an never started that routine again

17. Truckedup

Truckedup

Retired now, was a union construction wireman...6 volts to lightning...

18. Latva0311

Latva0311

Underground mining

Okie Pete and sidewayzz69 like this.
  19. Just the minimum to get the blessing for the classifieds huh?

Nostrebor, lothiandon1940 and 67drake like this.
  20. timq

timq
    from Western Pa

25 years bodyman and wrench on foreign iron couldn't stand the public and all the red tape, went back to the woods worked an old Frick mill as a sawyer. solvents ruined kidneys, retired in 05 transplant in 2017 still building street rods.
    I love this life and am forever grateful to the young lady who signed the back of her drivers licence and saved not only my life but many others.

21. Some jokes can be ruined by baaahd timing.

22. ...........or bad taste.

Deuces and Lil32 like this.
  23. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Retired in 2019 after 39yrs in law enforcement. Completed a 4yr body shop apprenticeship before a career change however I never stopped playing with cars.

24. Graphic designer mostly. I've worked with clients on all sorts of industries, and these days I'm designing a lot of wine, beer and cider labels, but I spent a long time doing high end condo marketing. Owned a bar for a few years a long time ago, that was a good way to get rid of a bunch of pesky money.

When work slowed down last year I used the time to make a book of hot rad slang for shits and giggles. Wrote it, illustrated it, designed it, self-published it. Heck I've even sold a few :D

25. VF-1

VF-1

My favorite Uncle blessed me with the skills of becoming a “Jet Engine Mechanic” back in the ‘70s. I figured I was pretty lucky turning wenches, while touring South East Asia. I stuck with it after my time in the Navy. I certainly never got rich, but it’s always been a good honest profession. It’s supported my family, and all of my “good & bad” habits. :cool:

26. And now you've sold one more!

Sandgroper and Big A like this.
  27. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I work at the Oakland Zoo circumcising the elephants, the pays not that good but the tips are big. ;)

28. Haha! Thank you! :D

Sandgroper and HotRodTractor like this.
  29. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

union machinist 26.5 yrs. 3.5 to go.

30. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Art of all kinds mixed in too every thing,,made $ with it from 6th grade on,try anything,race anything,made $ as carpenter,design engineer,an ran my own speed shop for 40 years,drove race cars,won a lot. Retired now 21 years.
    Still drive the first hot rod I built an drove in high school. Lots of other cars,long gone.
    To build hot rods as we all do,takes a lot more then one skill set, all mixed up! And not the same mix for all ! Miami high alumni.jpg

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.