Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buying from classifieds

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Surfwagonmiller, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cold c

cold c
    from california

'Im here all week ... Dont forget to ...'

Thor1 likes this.
  2. Hey man, now that you've broke out of your shell, have you thought about filling out your profile? You might be a real interesting guy and we don't even know it!

wraymen, lothiandon1940 and Thor1 like this.
  3. carguyrich

carguyrich
    from Minnesota

Thank you for the thread, fortunately it popped up in google while searching. You may want to send out a broadcast msg to those that don't know the 10 msg rule. It could of been easier to find the issue.
    My boss is 70+ and is very confused on why he can't communicate with anyone, as he buys a lot parts for our hotrod/restorations. I do not foresee him posting 10 msg in the forums anytime soon, so if you can, please remove the lock for him. He's been a member since 2008 and is on this daily.
    Thank you.

4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

the 10 post rule is right there at the top of the classifieds section. there are giant red stop signs at the top of the page that spell out all the rules including the 10 post deal. Kinda tough to remove the 10 post deal for your boss if we don't know who he is?
    with that said only Ryan can selectively lift it, so either he is going to have to make 10 posts or send a message to Ryan

X38, Thor1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. carguyrich

carguyrich
    from Minnesota

Thanks for the quick response Moriarity....
    So, arguing with you for 8 more posts will correct the issue? Rich would love a phone number to give someone an earful. Feel free to private msg him, since he has ZERO privilege's to msg you and/or Ryan. He's pretty upset over this. For an old school guy who loves this site, been a member since 2008, and has bought probably over one hundred parts from members, simply doesn't understand why his priveleges to communicate with others just magically turned off in the past month or 2.
    Please do send him a private msg with your number, so you can explain that to him.

6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

he should be able to send a Pm to @Ryan , he is the only one who can lift it. The rule was started to combat the scammers that were ripping the members off and it has worked for that. If your boss truly loves the site, why not participate? This place is far more than free classifieds. And again, how can I possible send a PM to your boss? I have no Idea who he is or what his Hamb name is

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Why is he SO SPECIAL? I'm 70 also and follow the rules. If the guy is SO SPECIAL his car building abilities must be SO SPECIAL he can't talk about them or post photos. 356,681 HAMB members as of 3/10/2021 but we need to change the rules for somebody SO SPECIAL? Bob

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    silent rick, X38, wraymen and 3 others like this.
  8. carguyrich

carguyrich
    from Minnesota

He'll reach out to you Moriarity....you do know each other
    As for contacting Ryan, No, there is no way to send a PM to him or anyone. See attached files, unless you're referring to the site's generic contact us form being Ryan's DM. hamb1.jpg hamb.jpg

9. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

yeah, I was under the impression he could pm the staff, guess I was wrong. he could send a msg through the main page of the site . If he knows me he can call. It will not do any good though as only Ryan can undo it....

10. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

With the guys significant contributions to this site he really deserves a free pass. :rolleyes:

Hats off to the MODS for their patience.

X38, The37Kid and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The rule isn't here to stop people from answering classified ads. It's here to stop scammers... If you've been here for years and don't have many posts, shoot me an email - I'll hook you up.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  12. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

they say they can't pm you. look a few replies up.....

13. Well he has 17 post, he should be able to PM anyone. HRP

14. carguyrich

carguyrich
    from Minnesota

Thank you all. We'll send Ryan a msg via the contact us link he provided. I only see 5 posts as of yet, and we still have no access to "start a conversation" with anyone.
    Hopefully, the confusion and limited access will help others in the future.

15. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

there have been a bunch of people in the same boat and honestly all of them once they figured it out just got on the main board and made some posts. It really only takes a few minutes and is a lot less effort than what you have already done.... you don't have to start threads, merely reply to some..

16. Anyone that has a dog for their avatar is special in my book. :)
    215254B9-4652-4EBC-9889-017D4D2E0C7F.jpeg

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hank would agree, todays new trick was jumping into the car stock car style, through the rolled down window opening,45 pounds of finely tuned muscle. :)

18. Some people think this is just a buy/sell website. That's a problem. Classifieds is not why this place exists.:rolleyes:

19. Because...you need at least 10.
    But you know that.

I hope this doesn't set a precedent for people to stamp their feet and tell a sob story to get the rules changed just to suit them.

20. But the bottom line is that the new rule must be working, because it's been a while since there has been a new post about someone being scammed :D seems to me that a 10 post rule is fairly lenient. The majority of people here post more than that in one day.

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

I just remembered the IGNORE option we have, click on the avatar of the worthless complainer and hit the IGNORE option in the upper right. My question is, will that also block his ability to contact me if I have something in the classified section they may want, sure hope so. Bob

Lloyd's paint & glass and Thor1 like this.
  22. grumpy65

grumpy65

May be the case......................He suddenly is on 10 posts but his profile shows only 4 ???
    Has been here since 2008 though...

Thor1 likes this.
  23. voodootruck

voodootruck
    from Germany

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

The IGNORE option is alive and well . Drama is over.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  25. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

Anyone we know?!?

wraymen, The37Kid and lothiandon1940 like this.
  26. The37Kid

The37Kid

Everyone with less than 10 posts that complains.

27. I love that feature!! It's like a "shit the hell up" button :D

Thor1 and The37Kid like this.
  28. grumpy65

grumpy65

Nothing is forcing you to post senseless comments. That decision was entirely yours to make. You could easily have chosen to take a proactive approach, but instead, all we got was complaining and useless, self-serving horse shit.

The '10 post' system is not hard to understand, and is there for a good reason. It doesn't matter whether you agree with it or not. Never forget, we are all guests here, and should behave accordingly.

You have not gotten off to a very inspiring start............:confused::confused::confused:

29. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

It's becoming more clear with your complaints and disagreements that maybe the HAMB is not for you.
    BTW - The classifieds don't work with the APP.

Thor1, The37Kid and lothiandon1940 like this.
  30. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I still say he’s an Ahat!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.