Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1931 Ford Tudor vintage hotrod rebuild

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by stubbsrodandcustom, Aug 10, 2020.

1. River City

River City

2. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

Top looks great.

3. Newtin

Newtin

Aug. to Feb. WOW! Looks great . Enjoy.

Stogy and stubbsrodandcustom like this.
  4. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Well, got pipes on the car last weekend. Sounds so much better...

And needed a back seat for the kid this weekend for a show in New Braunfuels. So built something easy.

Gave it the Texican treatment.

IMG_2460.JPG

brEad, Stogy, Shadow Creek and 2 others like this.
  5. flynstone

flynstone

very nice, one day i will get to mine. model a art.JPG

6. neds29

neds29

What a nice job! Great looking A.

loudbang and stubbsrodandcustom like this.
  7. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Man... Some assembly required there for sure... Looks like a good start for sure...

Thanks yall.. been fun for sure...

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  8. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Good weekend show in the car... Had some fun putting some miles in the Texas Hill country with it. Were getting each other figured out. 18's are going to go to my buddies car and Im putting 16s on the rear I guess. The rubbing on the sedan is quite pronounced on it when a few are riding, so going to do some trading for some 750-16 wheels and tires and getting shocks out of the deal. Should still look good..

IMG_2465.JPG IMG_2467.JPG

alfin32, Tim, brEad and 6 others like this.
  9. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Professional shot this pic... Figured Id share... Old gal looks good on a real camera.

31-00.jpg

alfin32, Stogy, Zax and 4 others like this.
  10. Nicholas Figge

Nicholas Figge

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

stubbsrodandcustom likes this.
  11. Zax

Zax
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1952-59 Ford Social Group

Love this build. Looks like so much fun. Makes me want to look for one. Already have an 8BA collecting dust...

stubbsrodandcustom and loudbang like this.
  12. Ice man

Ice man

Love the look, you did it justice. Keep after the brakes, I used a 2X4 with 3 1 inch steps cut in it. First step, all wheels just touch the shoes, 2nd notch rear shoes lock up, 3rd notch front wheels lock up. They will need some tuning but that worked best for me here in St Thomas, VI with it mountains. And I had a hot little banger, with a S10 4 speed, never gave thought to going to juice brakes. The 2X4 should back up to the seat frame and then make the notches to fit your under your brake peddle. Sounds antiquee, but works well. This was from an old Ford mechanic, you should have been there when he showed me how they set up the rear ends back in the day. I've done many of them since, and never had a noisy one. Even used mismatched ring and pinions. He also showed me how to set rod bearing the OLD way and it always worked. He was a wealth of good old time fixen, and now I'm his age of 82, so share the knowledge. Iceman

loudbang and stubbsrodandcustom like this.
  13. Steel33Tudor

Steel33Tudor

14. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Thanks man. Get to looking, the deals still can be found for sure. We ain't getting younger... haha

I have a 1x2 with the notches in it... sitting right here close,. agree 100% good working Mech brakes will do just as good as juice if adjusted and properly maintained... Yeah The wealth of knowledge that those guys had was amazing, and its amazing how these guys did it without digital dial calipers etc, most of it by feel or watching one thing do something different etc.

loudbang likes this.
  15. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Out on the town last night in it.. Just having some fun... Had some stock Model A guys really like it. Here are a few pictures from one of the stops, kid wanted to do some skate boarding down a parking garage... Got him hooked up. Gives me a reason to try out this new camera...

31-01.jpg 31-02.jpg 31-03.jpg 31-04.jpg 31-05.jpg

alfin32, earlymopar, brEad and 7 others like this.
  16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hotrod looks fantastic Stubbs and those shots are really awesome...;)

17. Hotrodder28

Hotrodder28

Nice i Love this car

Stogy and stubbsrodandcustom like this.
  18. loudbang

loudbang

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  19. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Nah, but cool for sure...
    My grandfather was a master mechanic for the local bus company... All the hands there called him Stubbs... my grandfather never got the chance to be around for me getting into hotrods etc... He passed on when I was 19... I had always loved hotrods but working and school took front seat in my life... He always wanted a Model A.... Just was so tight with money and my grandmother was always giving him hell as her health was on the steady decline... He never got a chance to have some fun other than when I built my OT daily back then... I still use his tools and he is always around in the memories...

Stogy, brEad and loudbang like this.
  20. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Well, someone mentioned a closing post on build threads. So last year I put it for sale. I liked the car had fun for sure with it, but wanted a hopped up banger car, so I sold this in may last year. The guy who bought it is enjoying it with his Family and it gets driven quite a bit for sure.

Yeah it was alot of work, but we saved her, and enjoyed for sure. So another one saved and the new owner loves it. I could have finished this one and been happy but the banger bug has been needing to be scratched, so I currently have a banger coupe that is a blast.

brEad and Stogy like this.
  21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You really did an awesome job with this Sedan, Stubbs...I really enjoy you're adventures with these primitives...

stubbsrodandcustom likes this.
  22. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Thanks brother, appreciate it for sure. I cant keep em all so I have to rotate them around. I am still having a blast, wish I lived in a little quieter place with less traffic to be able to enjoy things more, but still doing what I can here.

brEad likes this.