Register now to get rid of these ads!

What the heck is this?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 27Tudor, Feb 22, 2021.

1. 27Tudor

27Tudor

A buddy asked me what this thing is. We know it is auto related but the tag is rougher than a stucco bathtub. You can read Automotive Equipment Co. and Freeport, Ill but I suspect there is more to the name that is now obliterated. Any idea what this is and who the manufacturer is? I believe it is valve related.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  2. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

That's one of them flux generator aligner bushing reamer drill welder tools...

Actually I have no idea, and I have an odd collection of old automotive machine tools and the like in my garage. Hopefully someone who's not a smart@$$ like me will have a clue. It would certainly add to the display I would like to establish at a museum some day. (see my thread listed)

Deuces likes this.
  3. Deuces

Deuces

I'd post that on the main page... Maybe one of guys there can figure out what it is.....

4. ol'stinky

ol'stinky
    from New Jersey

it kind of looks like a little milling machine, but the vise are looks like it is meant to hold round items with that V block kind of shape. Judging by the pully and counter weight, i would say its meant to go up and down while running. Maybe some kind of rotary hone?