Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who Does Quality Chrome Plating in NO.CAL ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roadster36, Jan 27, 2004.

1. roadster36

roadster36
    from Sonoma

Anyone have any suggestions or good/bad experiences with northern California chrome platers ? I was using Walker's out of Vacaville until they closed down. I heard that they are now in Redding ?

2. i hear there is a goood plater in reno

3. roadster36

roadster36
    from Sonoma

Joe the Chromer ?

4. brewsir

brewsir

I send my stuff to sacramento bumper who in turn send it to someone else...but they do nice work. The only reason I use the middleman is thats the way my shop was set up when I bought it ...and the pick up and deliver for me (I'm in Vallejo)

5. Mild Mitch

Mild Mitch

Sherm's Plating in Sacramento. Best in the country, but you'll pay for their quality, and it'll take some time. Like all good things do. You won't be dissappointed.

deucendude likes this.
  6. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I second Mitch's comment. The work from Sherm's is just unbelievably nice.

deucendude likes this.
  7. ESnacky6

ESnacky6

Superior Chrome and Bumper in San Jose...

Decent prices and great work..!!

8. Sean

Sean

I'll second that Snacky. I know a couple of people that have had some work done by Superior and the pieces came out very nice.

I would be wary of the "Bumper Brothers", they usually have a booth a P-Town / Turlock.

9. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

I know this is old post but anyone have 2021 bay area northern California recomendations? Please not Sherms I know they are the best just don't have that kinda budget.Anyone use auto and truck bumper in Hayward? Just want to make sure their not part of that BAD BAD company that was all over the hamb to stay away from.

10. Budget36

Budget36

You’ll need to expand your budget or open the wallet for shipping your stuff somewhere, probably all a wash in the end, right? The regulations in Ca have driven up the cost the past 25 years or so.
    Issue I have is mailing things out and wonder if I get the back or? If taken somewhat locally you can be face to face with the person telling you what you have, a proper estimate and talk about “ if something goes missing” and what recourse you have.

impala59 likes this.
  11. sdluck

sdluck

The Best Chrome San Martin ca

impala59 likes this.
  12. Kevin Pharis

Kevin Pharis

There’s AAA Plating and Stockton Chrome... but they do some in house and some gets shipped around (Reno, LA, etc). If it’s a one of a kind piece that can’t be replaced... take it to Sherms. Your parts won’t leave the building so you’ll know where to go if something goes missing. And they do offer less than “show” quality... just be sure you are clear about what you expect in return.

Desoto291Hemi and impala59 like this.
  13. bchctybob

bchctybob

I've been using San Joaquin Chrome in Lodi. No complaints. Not cheap, but then no one is cheap in California. They are a little backed up right now, they said that since the Covid thing they have been swamped with work.

impala59 likes this.
  14. PickupNut

PickupNut

Had 2 bumpers done by him recently . Fair price and more than nice.

15. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

You get what you pay for. Sherm's, Sacramento

Happydaze likes this.
  16. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

Anyone know where this place is in Fresno that alot of shops send their chrome plating to?

17. Budget36

Budget36

No clue, but if no one answers search the HAMB for a thread something like “Fresno Area xxxxx”. It is a meet and greet cruise thread I recall seeing. Someone in the area there may be able to help you out.

impala59 likes this.
  18. was a couple in Fresno, but back 18 years. great job and price. But with the EPA , BS hard for them to make a living. check with the fresno kats

19. F-head

F-head

New age metal finishing is a busy chrome shop with fairly reasonable proces 9B937E0D-4465-494B-BD13-7263E55B381B.png

joe hot rod 32 likes this.
  20. Years ago before we had a reputable chrome plater on the East Coast we would ship stuff to Lemon Grove, it was expensive to ship parts across country but they were the best at Custom Chrome. HRP