Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Saying goodbye to good friends

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anthony myrick, Feb 20, 2021.

1. 8DB20958-87E6-48D3-9197-44A52FF2E16E.jpeg FD685364-6D7B-41D2-AACF-49F307A568AF.jpeg Saying thanks to a couple guys that helped me a lot throughout the past few years.
    Ralph MonCrief.
    Decorated Vietnam veteran and hot rodder
    8DB20958-87E6-48D3-9197-44A52FF2E16E.jpeg FD685364-6D7B-41D2-AACF-49F307A568AF.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
    Stogy, SOHC427, Cosmo49 and 15 others like this.
  2. Paul Gilliam
    Veteran, hot rodder and Studebaker fan
    5BC15959-D0B6-4908-8A01-051C61063392.jpeg 79846495-44CE-4561-AB99-810171B3DE9B.jpeg F2842435-93B2-4692-9D4B-181613ACFE91.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    beegator, Stogy, vtx1800 and 18 others like this.
  3. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

4. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Tough to see friends pass. My condolences

Stogy, SOHC427, Deuces and 1 other person like this.

5. I’m out in the shop and I have parts and pieces I got from both these guys.
    So I guess they were good caretakers of these old parts.
    I just realized I’m the same age that Ralph was when I first met him. Kinda puts things in perspective some how.
    People are put in your path and can either help or hinder you and you them.
    Both these guys were help and I hope I mirrored that enough for them.

6. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry for you loss, my friend. Never easy to see good friends leave.

7. Budget36

Budget36

Tough to lose friends, had one pass a week or so ago. You know it’s coming but still a gut punch when it happens.

Remembering the good times helps a lot

8. ...just lost a good car buddy,...he was so good to be around as he never complained about anything that I can remember,...he will be missed.
    keep these guys in your memory bank.

9. Sorry for your loss - have a few car buddies on borrowed time and a lot that passed way too early - never easy.

10. So true! Sorry for the loss of your friends!

I am certain you are carrying on their tradition by helping others.

11. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Kind of makes you think, every day that passes is one less day to get your projects done, to thank those in your life
    and to enjoy your friends. With the demographics here these threads are going to only become more and more common sadly.

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  12. For me it’s a reminder to ask more questions (spend a little more time) with folks.
    Theses guys cars and parts will be sold or divided up.
    The true value of this hobby is the time spent with people in it plus the opportunity to meet more people through it. The rest is just hunks of metal and glass.

13. I'm feeling your pain. Just lost one on my best car pals 3 weeks ago. We shared family, hot rods, motorbikes for many, many years. On March 7th I will celebrate our birthday without him. The older ya get the tougher it gets.

14. trollst

trollst

Ummm... I've lost 5 in the last 7 months, one in particular was my best friend Tom. It is a real gut punch, it's hit me hard.

Stogy and anthony myrick like this.
  15. I think that at the end of the day, as long we take the time to share our passion and knowledge, there always be someone to listen and learn. The hobby has its aesthetics but it also about problem solving, being budget or fabrication or something else, and that is what I feel we can share with people. They don't necessarily have to see things with a 'traditionalist eye', but rather see something that's cool that they want to learn and possibly use on their project. That reason alone is why I have kept coming back religiously to the HAMB just to witness (and maybe learn) what the folks are willing to share.

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

sincere sympathy to all of those that have lost friends, and family - never easy - yes, we all need to make more of an effort to reach out to others - but, the world the way it is we must all be cautious - gent in picture likely would have enjoyed having someone stop and talk to him 20210221_111630.jpg

17. Lost a friend the end of Oct. to cancer. He had a couple of hot rods, but mainly bought and sold pre 70's cars. Talked to him a week before he pasted, and he was worried sick that all his cars would go to the crusher. Had around 1300 cars and had been in business since the late 60's.

18. For me the cars aren’t that important to worry about like that. If it’s a burden, get rid of em.
    They’re for enjoyment while you’re alive.
    I’ve been cleaning up my shop lately, told the wife and kids to not worry about this junk. Keep what ya like, give away the rest.

fauj, jim snow, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's interesting, our mortality will guarantee a pause in our additions to our profiles but our Spirit will engage the future in ways we can understand as I have followed and still discover others even if they have left us...

@anthony myrick condolences to you and the others in thier losses...they always move one in so many ways...

Thanks for sharing...we carry The Spirit Forward...

fauj and anthony myrick like this.