Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Howells sheet metal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34superchargered, Dec 10, 2020.

1. I hate to say it I didn't do my research before encouraging my dad to purchase a set of patch panels for his car.He ordered a set from howells this guy is rip off to say the least no patch panels the money is gone and he will not answer his phone.I have called everyday since november the 13 at least 5 or 6 times hoping he might pick up but he doesn't I have left messages for him to at least call him back he doesn't sometimes it rings someone picks up and hangs up.It is so sad that a 75 year old guy on a fixed income who has to wait until he has extra money to purchase parts gets ripped off. My advice to anybody thinking about buying parts from this guy walk away and keep your money and buy from a company with good feed back from buyers

2. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

1- there are many posts on here if you search over this exact same thing...

2- if your going to buy parts from howells you order from them on ebay, again mentioned in many posts. EBay makes sure they deliver their parts in a timely manner.

3- I've ordered numerous parts from them on ebay with no problems...

4ever18 and winduptoy like this.
  3. Lots of posts here and on the Fordbarn about these guys...

4. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

I used their parts years ago on my 34 and they weren't very good....

5. cornfield county

cornfield county
    from Indiana

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

I know they closed down for the last hurricane that kinda skirted the area, I went by there about 2 weeks after to see about something myself and it was still boarded up closed. I know they have a huge backlog of stuff, and run panels normally in batches, If I go over that direction anytime soon I will drop by and see what I can do for you.

kidcampbell71, winduptoy and alanp561 like this.
  7. Sporty45

Sporty45

If you paid by credit card, just call the credit card company. They will try to contact them and will refund your money if unsuccessful.

4ever18 likes this.
  8. 1ton

1ton

I have bought quite a few different patch panels from them within the last year. Always purchased these on Ebay. The panels are done very well and fit good. A little tweaking is to be expected from any patch panel and these needed very little. Every order I made was on my porch within a week. I am very pleased with them. I feel your pain if you are getting the run around from them. That is no way to do business

9. 5window

5window

How did y'all pay? Credit card company might give you some help in a refund or cancellation. If you sent a check or money order, you're probably sunk short of a personal trip to the shop.Sorry. This, sadly comes up a lot and there's always someone new. :(

At least 50% of the Hits ion the first page of a Google search are "unfavorable" to be polite. Too late now, but you should have checked. Your dad probably remembers the day when people did what they said they would. With the Internet, those times are past.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  10. 5window

5window

Crap excuses. None of that prohibits you from answering emails, updating people who have Sent You Money and it sure doesn't make hanging up on people who call okay. If you're not going to fill the order, refund the money. Period.

11. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

Sorry this happened to you and your dad, I had an issue with these ding-a-lings a few years ago myself. As was mentioned, Tom Bay is the exact polar opposite- fantastic guy to do business with.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

cornfield county likes this.
  12. ghalperin

ghalperin

Is Tom Bay still in business? His email bounces back and no voicemail.

13. Tom Bay 620 441 7432

14. ghalperin

ghalperin

Thanks, I left voicemail.

15. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I ordered a few things from Howell's and have never had a problem. I've ordered from the internet and ebay.

16. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Me too. Nobody starts threads about good experiences though.

Flathead Dave likes this.