Register now to get rid of these ads!

NEED a source for club jackets or custom patches!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redlinetoys, Jan 18, 2006.

1. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I am looking for a web link or individual that can do old school wool jackets or maybe shop style jackets with NICE club embroidery or embroidered patches on the back. Something really nice along the lines of the SoCal jackets or Jimmy Shine stuff. We have researched a number of cool Martini/Tiki style fonts as well as some other retro fonts and have some good ideas, but not a good source. Any idea where some of the coolest club jackets are coming from???

http://public.fotki.com/redlinetoys/

2. slickmick

slickmick

The place the Aces car club has their jackets done is in Orange, CA. The name is Keeping Score. Their number is 714-744-6376.
    Email address: [email protected]

3. hemifarris

hemifarris

I PM'd you with a name, phone number and e-mail address of the person that makes jackets for a lot of local guys here in southeastern Michigan.

4. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Thanks Hemi,

I will look into it. Really hoping to find someone that can make the heavy chenile (sp?) style patches or at least a real nice quality patch. My son ordered some SoCal patches for his black wool jacket and those patches have the typical black thread around the outside edges, but are sort of a unique material where the red/cream colors are. Almost an imprinted nylon or canvas tent like material. Sounds weird but they have a real nice vintage look on the jacket (whether you like SoCal or not!)

Any other ideas??

5. rockabillyjoe

rockabillyjoe
    from Seattle

jacketshop.com They do all types of varsity jackets. Including retro styled ones. Als do vintge styled cardigans.

6. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Rockabilly, Now that is getting a little closer. Very nice models in the website by the way. I am going to have to do some careful "studying"! Thanks for the tip.

Any more guys??

7. I used to have my jackets custom made. Nice quality. Any uniform supply place should be able to set you up with Eisenhower-style mechanics jackets or shop shirts. Check out dickies.com too.

A cheaper option is a rag dealer who deals with factory uniforms. They often sell used jackets and shop shirts by the pound. You have to wash the shit out of them before you can screen print on them though.

Chenille patches are pretty specialized, and spendy. There's a shop here that makes them and they are all hand stitched by little old Asian ladies. Amazing quality, but friggin' expensive (like $25 per; min. order 12).

"We have researched a number of cool Martini/Tiki style fonts as well as some other retro fonts and have some good ideas"

Do yourself a favour and HIRE a designer. It's money well spent if you find someone who knows their shit. Can't figure out why the stuff you "designed" yourself and paid lots of money to have printed isn't flying off the shelves? Because it looks like ass, dude. I've seen it a lot. Bad design kills.

My 2¢.

8. henry87

henry87

Hi there..

There are number of websites available.
    Browse them to solve your problem.

Cheers
    Henry

9. henry87

henry87

Redline Toys

Visit certain webs.
    Henry

10. henry87

henry87

Redline Toys..

Certain web services available. What I got experience from "total custom patches". They have remarkable services. Visit them and you will satisfy what you want...

Henry

11. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

don't rule out "members only"!

12. sololobo

sololobo

Go for the best and pass on the rest. Kevin and Jillian Silva's, Silva Sportswear has all the REAL stuff, every jacket style know to man, real chain stiching, patches, service, competitive pricing and a long list of very satisfied customers. He is H.A.M.B. member kevin S. They are the source for all Jalopy Journal and H.A.M.B. products. They are listed in the H.A.M.B.-O-DEX on the first page of the H.A.M.B. ~sololobo~

Last edited: May 17, 2012
    stillrunners likes this.
  13. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

14. Dagenham Dave

Dagenham Dave

I know this is an old thread, but I just discovered it...

I too am looking for a cool CLUB JACKET like in the attached picture (I love the CAMS Valley one).

Car jackets.jpg

Unfortunately, Silva Sportswear seems to be no longer in existence.

PHOENIX LETTERING seems good (http://phoenixlettering.com/).

Any other ideas?

15. adam hill

adam hill

Well I am not sure about custom jackets, but if you are looking for custom chenille patches check out ultrapatches, I got some large patches made from them last year for our hoodies, real quality !!

16. Joined: Today

Hey newbie, This thread is 14 years old. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Thanks for the heads up!

18. It's ironic that so many threads get brought back to the top by guys that just happened to be looking for something on the internet and the hamb comes up in a search, then they comment on the subject, hopefully Adam's post is not a one & done like so many others in the past. HRP

19. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Well I've been guilty of posting to a "preserved in (h)amber" thread occasionally but it just indicates an interest in the subject...

stillrunners likes this.
  20. adam hill

adam hill

Well, I wasn't aware of that, just thought I would add my two cents.

21. Emma Stone

Emma Stone

Elegant patches was established back in 2010. We are one of the leading providers of custom patches online in the USA, offering our services to businesses and individuals across the North-America, Australia, and Europe.

22. TCATTC

TCATTC

http://www.snpusa.com/web/ Stitch N Print

23. Emma Stone

Emma Stone

you can also do one thing that the old jackets u have u can stick embroidered patches on it to give it a stylish look, It looks so cool I love how it turns out, I know a company that make really good embroidered patches, their quality is really good & are affordable.