Register now to get rid of these ads!

Frozen Stiff

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 15, 2021.

1. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Crazy. Best wishes to those severely affected.

Supposed to hit 70F here today (NorCal). Rainfall 40% of normal, none in the forecast. Drought and fires again if things don't change soon.

Boneyard51 and Roothawg like this.
  2. Ziggster

Ziggster

Was a balmy -25C this morning here north of Canada’s capital.

Boneyard51, Deuces and Baumi like this.
  3. Roothawg

Roothawg

066E7F3C-02D3-48DF-8028-63B0B476E9CE.jpeg 1CBF46CC-F323-48CD-A5FF-5D65E3A0C0BD.jpeg

What is this mysterious powder that falls from the sky and makes my dogs want to pee on the porch?

4. 5window

5window

People attribute that quote to Mark Twain but it was actually Charles Dudley Warner, a friend of Twain's. True none-the-less

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    Moriarity, egads and Boneyard51 like this.
  5. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Well I have to admit I've enjoyed writing my name in the snow a few times this week.

6. I did that once many years ago as a teenager and got in trouble with my girlfriends dad, he recognized his daughters hand writing. :D HRP

7. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

It'd take me a week to do that !

8. chopped

chopped

Friend in Tex called yesterday said the steam coming off his heated pool makes it look like his house is on fire.

9. Thats hardwater fishin

10. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

S.E. Mich was late getting real cold. This morning was -9, yesterday we got about 6-7". But this is Michigan and we had a real break from shit winter weather til now. Back in 2014 we had days where the high was 2. Normally I would be 4hrs north pounding the shit out of a 170HP hot rod. Not HAMB friendly but when you can go 0-60 MPH on a slick snowy surface in under 4 seconds? Well at least the action is HAMB friendly. Sadly those days are behind me for now but they'll be back and better (or worse?) than ever. Hang in there folks. This really is temporary unlike some of the "controlled" shit we've been dealing with.

egads, Boneyard51, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  11. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

0 in Ohio. Working on getting the towmotor started out back. Fuck..... Good new is the 48 Ford tractor started and plowed us out.

Boneyard51 and Roothawg like this.
  12. My 14 year old, birthday today, and his 8th grade class are on a ski trip today. Thats how we roll. Of course we are finally going to be back in the 20s. Our weather is pretty crazy, could be 65 by next week

egads, Deuces, Boneyard51 and 2 others like this.
  13. Old Tony

Old Tony
    from Benton, AR

Checked on some important stuff yesterday. And...it's snowing again this morning. IMG_1039.jpg IMG_1040.jpg

14. Pretty sure our snow is over now here in Oklahoma, but I am dreading going out and shoveling all the snow off the driveway again since we just did that yesterday. But, I need to drive the Thunderbird to work tomorrow and there is no way it will climb the hill up to our road unless I get that done... I'm just thankful that we didn't lose power or have any pipes bust in this unusual time in the south. Praying for those that are in much worse shape than I am.

AHotRod, Deuces, 1stGrumpy and 3 others like this.
  15. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Hey Ryan, Hows the ribs doing ?

hotrodjack33, Deuces and guthriesmith like this.
  16. 1940Willys

1940Willys

ya what caused the Hurt Ribs Ryan?

17. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Got down to 48* last night here in Atwater.

Colder than jail.

Deuces and Boneyard51 like this.
  18. Roothawg

Roothawg

I used the Lincoln as a snow plow. It has a full body belly pan........

19. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

So I take it she knew short hand?

20. Roothawg

Roothawg

HA!!!!!

Deuces and Boneyard51 like this.
  21. Well, she did have cold hands! :D HRP

22. 4tford

4tford

Reminds me of Jan 1978 in Michigan

31Apickup, Deuces, egads and 2 others like this.
  23. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Grew up in Windsor so I remember that one. I also remember back then when channel 7 news in Detroit parked a Corvette out by Cobo Hall to see how long it would take before someone tried to steal it. Twelve minutes...

Deuces, chryslerfan55 and Tman like this.
  24. To all the "Northerners" that think it's funny when us "Southerners" complain about the snow and the cold. Remember, you choose to live in that shit, we didn't!
    My place... 100_1904.JPG

Attached Files:

Baumi, Lil32, Old Tony and 5 others like this.
  25. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not too bad in Central Oregon!
    With all that bad freezing weather in Texas & others, you would think using Nuclear year around would be the answer. SNOW TIME ROADSTER.jpg

Hamtown Al, j3harleys, Lil32 and 5 others like this.
  26. OK, a little levity for you Southern folks. Just to show solidarity and empathy with yoose I pulled a Southern move a couple weeks back. The daily is due for an oil change and I get the free washer fluid with it so I just wanted to splash some extra fluid in it until I stopped for an oil change. I grabbed a partial gallon from the shop and added it. What I had forgotten is that it was a gallon I bought from the dollar store that was basically windex and not the "good to -25" stuff we usually run up here. So, when it hit 14 below gues what? Yup, froze solid. A week and a half later at 20 degrees I finally got my wipers back today at lunch time!

1stGrumpy, Deuces, Dan Hay and 2 others like this.
  27. Well, turns out there was all PEX pipe in the attic except.... one lone copper line that had no insulation on it going to the ice maker. It busted sometime yesterday around noon I think. I got home and it was raining in the living room and the house had an inch of water in it.

Luckily the power had been restored, so all the neighbors grabbed their shop vacs (after I dug bare handed in the snow to find the water shut off valve) and we got it cleaned up in about 5 hours. Cut and capped the busted copper line, turned the water back on. Stapled/ nailed blankets and garbage bags over the ceiling holes to keep the heat out of the attic and called it good. Now, to see when it will be fixed. Lots of people in the area in a similar or worse predicament. The floors and baseboards are junk.

Bright side is we weren’t home, and my 4 kids usually play in the area the ceiling came down. The youngest is 8 months so that could’ve been bad. And, the tools and hot rods are just fine. IMG_1462.JPG IMG_1463.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Lil32, chryslerfan55, jnaki and 2 others like this.
  28. Ziggster

Ziggster

Geeze. Glad to hear you got it under control and have the power back. Can’t imagine what you guys are going through. Good luck!

Dan Hay, Lil32, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  29. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

That really stinks. Glad no one was hurt...Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Dan Hay, Deuces and kidcampbell71 like this.