Register now to get rid of these ads!

Frozen Stiff

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Frozen Stiff

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Southern Ontario is about to get pounded by snow today. Got to find my shovel.

Deuces likes this.
  3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Great photo, feels like -28 ish here in KC.

Sesrching the garage journal for ways to add insulation to my insulated garage doors LOL. Hanging some thick moving blankets over them helped a ton

4. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

What are your doors made of ? Wood , steel , fiberglass ?

Deuces and chriseakin like this.

5. Ziggster

Ziggster

Haha! I don’t listen to any news, but my sis from NF told me to buckle up. Will wait and see I guess. Seems like quite the mess south of the border from what she told me.

stillrunners likes this.
  6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

hahahaha, It has been -20 every night for the last week or 2 here, helps keep the riff raff out....

6-bangertim, Jet96, lostmind and 35 others like this.
  7. das858

das858

We're going to be -24 degrees here tommorrow morning , the coldest it's been here in 32 years .

Deuces likes this.
  8. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Windchill -30 to -40 here. Been that way for days. I've dug myself out two or three times a day and two hours later it's drifted back in. Yesterday I broke the old plow truck so the hell with it, I'll just wait for spring.

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

think they are fiberglass with insulation inside. The windows are just thin pains though that’s what’s letting the cold in for the most part. Not a draft just cold Going right threw

Deuces likes this.
  10. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, to live in the Midwest you have to tough or stupid-or both.

11. NoSurf

NoSurf

Hopefully it will warm back up soon for you southern boys.

30* here in New Hampshire. Balmy shirtsleeve weather!

31hotrodguy, Deuces, Tman and 3 others like this.
  12. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Seems like we are getting a once-in-a-hundred-years weather event about every 10 years...

Liked the sound track - anyone know it it was Booker T and the MGs?

Russ

Deuces and Belle53 like this.
  13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

fun stuff, if you are young and care free - but, not being able to charge phones, etc makes power outages events even more traumatic

31hotrodguy and Deuces like this.
  14. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Working right now on my hockey rink this weather is awesome . Enjoy the weather only 33 days to spring and hotrod season

Deuces and alanp561 like this.
  15. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Just checked, 10 AM and the air temp is -16 and the wind chill is -31 Snow piles 10 ft high. Dam I love Nebraska!

Jet96, warbird1, sololobo and 7 others like this.
  16. Yea, biggest problem in the south is that nothing is really prepared for this kind of weather. It is right at -5 this morning in the middle of Oklahoma. Water pipes aren't deep enough in the ground, etc. Creates more mess than it should as compared to northern states that are used to it. Looks like it might warm up by the weekend...

Jet96, JustANote, 31hotrodguy and 5 others like this.
  17. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Weather looking pretty crappy for nearly most of the country this week. Where's that groundhog?

Deuces and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  18. Glenn Thoreson

Glenn Thoreson
    from SW Wyoming

I was there in the 1949 storm. January 6 if memory serves. I have pictures of myself and little sister playing in the stuff. Dads' old Essex peeking out from under the snow. We were living in Pacoima , north of Pasadena in the valley at the time and we had 6 inches of snow. I don't recall hearing of another snow storm like that. All the citrus growers had their smudge pots fired up. Yes, there were actually dairy farms and citrus groves there in those days.

19. It’s -23 Celsius here this morning, Warmest day in a couple weeks...time to work outside!

Coldest I’ve had to deal with was hauling logs in Fort McMurray, it hit -56 Celsius. The big difference is happens here every winter, we expect it.

Stay warm Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

20. Yep, too cold for my old bones.
    Not sure I agree with the keeps the riff raff out statement though...

21. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. It was a balmy 34 degrees this morning with a light rain here, Happy it stayed above freezing, I hope you guys suffering in the cold weather are able to stay inside and just keep thinking it won't last too much longer. HRP

23. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

Mark it’s to late.

Deuces, b4autodark, Ebbspeed and 5 others like this.
  24. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Been a while since we experienced cold enough to burst pipes, I feel for you guys.

Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. 24" deep .. blown cellulose attic insulation. Heat pump HVAC, & oil filled electric radiators I installed 5 years ago. Prepped for all, & everything, Texas throws at me.

Had a broken rear yard pipe about 5 years ago, last big Texas freeze. No fun doing plumbing in sub 20°F weather. Good luck, to ya'.

Cold weather Texas .. indeed blows.

Deuces likes this.
  26. It was -17 this morning but has warmed to -6. We received about 2" of fluff so that will help the warm up. The forecast is to be better by friday.

Deuces and lippy like this.
  27. 24 in way upstate ny ....pretty damn warm for this time of year..nights are averaging in the low single digits though, thats kinda normal. We're due for about 12 -18 inches of snow overnight though so probably gonna have to move some snow tomorrow. tractor mounted 56" blower takes all the pain out of that, sitting in the heated cab. Gotta keep the travel lid on the coffee cup though(pain in the ass).

28. goldmountain

goldmountain

It is cold but I'm such a wimp. The garage is heated and it is only a few feet away from the house and I'm still getting nothing done out there.

ratrodrodder and Deuces like this.
  29. CME1

CME1

It's been colder then usual here in so. Idaho, +16 to +20 the last week. Saturday night thru Sunday we received 10 inches of the white stuff. This morning it warmed up to +34 so far with light snow. Now the forecast is for rain. Oh well, it's winter in Idaho!:) Snow Day 2021  3.jpg

Hamtown Al, Deuces, lemondana and 3 others like this.
  30. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's a picture of my thermostat this morning. It could be worse. Over fifty years ago, living on a farm in SW IA I remember milking cows by hand at -30 degrees, I am glad to not remember exactly how cold that was.
    63509245975__BDB75B71-3C77-4808-99D7-1F2FEFC56DAF.JPEG