Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical The upholstery thread to end all threads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Jan 5, 2021.

1. I'd guess it'd take her a week maybe? She does great, but she's not brave enough to hammer down on that pedal yet lol. Depends on her schedule at the hospital too. She's usually Monday- Wednesday.

57 Fargo and loudbang like this.
  2. Oh shit, she could have them for a couple months no big deal! I can handle door panels as they are flat! The seats I can not. I’ll shoot a few pictures of them in a message and she can see what she figures price wise etc!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Got her diamond panel done, gotta cut out the panel. 20210214_174415.jpg 20210214_174542.jpg

4. Sounds good man. She won't hurt your wallet, she needs the experience more than money :D

57 Fargo and loudbang like this.
  5. Sent, tell her to be fair to herself

loudbang likes this.
  6. Gotta cover the bottom, but not today ;) 20210214_181657.jpg

brEad, 57 Fargo, egads and 2 others like this.
  7. Give that girl a hug!! Looks great!

loudbang likes this.
  8. I'm telling ya! Give this girl a year! She's busting her ass to learn this stuff! The difference is she's a car girl, she's worse than me :D wait about an hour and I'll show you what she's doing right now, she's almost done. It's awesome in my opinion, for a newbie;)

9. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

From what you've posted, it looks like she is doing pretty damned good!

10. You have ducks?

11. Roothawg

Roothawg

Frozen ducks right now.

12. You should've put them in a row before it got cold Root!! Then they'd stay there ;):D

loudbang, Roothawg and Tman like this.
  13. I'm so damn proud :D and we've got cool ass kitchen chairs that don't match o_O 20210214_194119.jpg

brEad, Ford52PU, Just Gary and 6 others like this.
  14. Dude, do I know

loudbang likes this.
  15. Thats looking great

16. I’m stoked! What’s she calling her company?

loudbang likes this.
  17. Wicked Stitch :D snitches get stitches, but so can you at Wicked Stitch upholstery :cool:

brEad, alanp561, Ford52PU and 2 others like this.
  18. Awesome. That’s just awesome.

loudbang likes this.
  19. Don’t tell my wife! Next thing you know we will have ducks...

loudbang and Roothawg like this.
  20. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

:D

loudbang and Roothawg like this.
  21. Question for the group here, custom door panels with chrome strips, are people using chrome from factory door panels from something else or is there a magical source of trim that’s bendable?

loudbang likes this.
  22. IMG_20210228_103723037.jpg
    When I made the door panels for my truck I used stainless round stock (aluminum could be used too) from the local metal supplier and drilled and threaded small all thread into the back of the trim I made then drilled through the panel and nutted it on the back. I'm actually really liking this thread, I just bought a walking foot machine to redo the dated 90's tweed interior in my truck with something more traditional and hey how hard can it be, right:confused::rolleyes:;)
    IMG_20210125_172516516.jpg

reagen, loudbang and Roothawg like this.
  23. Thanks, never even thought of stainless or aluminum...duh! Looks great.

loudbang likes this.
  24. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

@40ply Just in case you might not know. The armrest on your door panel is originally(stock appearing) intended for the passengers side. The large part goes to the front. But if it fits your arm better then leave it.

alanp561 and loudbang like this.
  25. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welp, when are one of you guys going to be ready to make door panels and seats for other people?

loudbang likes this.
  26. I actually built those too using 3/8" stainless round stock and stacking them (each a little smaller than the last) and welding them together. I made a MDF top and covered it in foam and tweed as well. Not enough foam though, they're kind of uncomfortable so I mostly use them to close the door and just keep the window down and my arm on the window frame. And after all that I still put them on the wrong side! :p;)

stanlow69, alanp561 and loudbang like this.
  27. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

It's been 16 years since my seat was upholstered, I just had the same shop re-upholster the lower driver seat insert.
    It was starting to come apart from regular ware and tear. Thankfully I bought an extra blanket in Mexico and saved it just in case, as this material is difficult to work with. Also took an inch out of the seat frame to make it lower and more comfy, I also replaced the rubber mat floor with carpet myself. Quick little weekend interior make-over, feels like a new ride!

F-1 Seat.jpg

Attached Files:

28. MGK

MGK
    from Ohio

Hello. I've been trying to track down member, 'Skipstitch'. His business was Appleman Interiors, Anyway, Shawn designed and sewed a set of interior panels(fabric only) for a 1929 Ford Delivery I was working on a couple of years ago. Was wondering, is there anyone else out there that provides the same service? Shawn seemed to have templates for all the early Ford interiors.

loudbang likes this.
  29. Roothawg

Roothawg

I was wondering what happened to him. Hasn't logged on since Dec 2, 2019.
    Not sure if he has an email that will notify him, if his name is mentioned.

@skipstitch

Found this.

APPLEMAN INTERIORS

4620 LANCSTER KRKRSVLE NW LANCASTER, OH 43130

(740) 756-4295

loudbang likes this.
  30. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Kinda like hitting a baseball to the far left field wall and running around all the bases and getting tagged out as you slide into home plate. He He. Like I said : stock appearing, but this is highly modified. How about a close up pic. Now you will know if anybody asks.

loudbang likes this.