Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Electropolishing...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DeLuxe 32, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Just wondering if anyone has used this for polishing any parts....intake manifolds, carbs etc and how they found the outcome...cost/finish v manual polishing.

Sent from my SM-G965F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Budget36

Budget36

I’ve only seen it on SS tubing, but this was back in the 80’s. Wasn’t aware it could be done on cast iron or cast aluminum

3. I saw a chart that had the resulting outcome based on the quality of the aluminium. One had a mirror finish quoted.....

I've got a place not to far from where I am and I will drop in this week time permitting and see what they say.
    Sent from my SM-G965F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Budget36 likes this.

4. TCTND

TCTND

Back in the day I had some stainless electropolished for reflectors in an infrared oven I was building. Worked great for that but it doesn't make a "show" type shine because it does nothing to flatten the metal surface. Mechanical polishing knocks off the high high spots first which makes it smoother. Electropolishing simply makes the existing surface, warts an all, shiny.

loudbang likes this.
  5. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal