Register now to get rid of these ads!

How To Respond To A Classified Ad

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Ryan, May 16, 2014.

1. grumpy65

grumpy65

Grumpy by stealth !!!! :D:D:D

2. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

You'll fit right in.

3. Gee, thanks.... I have been here for about 10 years.

210superair likes this.
  4. Renewed my faith in humanity grumpy ;) i hope that you have a great day also!

5. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Well I haven't been here that long. But I bet my attitude sucks even worse! Lol...

6. Hey now! :eek: wraymen has a great attitude! Kinda like a car wreck, but it's still a great attitude! :p

210superair and wraymen like this.
  7. Hey Thanks!.......................I think;)

8. nutnfits

nutnfits

9. nutnfits

nutnfits

Ryan says in order to respond to the classifieds we have to post 10 times.I just want to be able to respond to stuff for sale.so here is post #1

avachace likes this.
  10. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I am quite sure that this is not what Ryan had in mind. clogging up the QandA forum with useless crap posts. How about actually participating in a discussion on the main forum???

11. nutnfits

nutnfits

Sorry but I don’t really have any thing to say, but I would just like to be able to respond to people that have cars and parts for sale in your classifieds. Maybe everyone who places an ad should be required to include a phone # and email . It’s very frustrating to not be able to respond to something that you would like to buy. Thank you.

avachace likes this.
  12. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

you have 13 posts.... chances are you will be able to PM in 24 hours

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  13. Hey, Ryan has alliance memberships for sale, buy one of those.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  14. nutnfits

nutnfits

Thank you for allowing me to respond to classifieds. Not trying to be a wise guy, but something to consider is requiring ads to include a phone # so people can actually buy and sell stuff easier. Sometimes the old fashioned way is better. ( In reference to technology- Sometimes, just because you can doesn’t mean you should.) Thank you again. The HAMB is an awesome resource.

15. But you are.
    After 20+ years of FREE classifieds you join and tell us that? I don't know how they do it on the other free classified places you use, but that's the way it is here.

A new guy moaning about a free facility is just bad manners.

16. You're thinking of the newspaper classifieds.

17. Elijustin

Elijustin

Did anyone answer you????

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sure, Change the rules for the new guy with no interest in the HAMB or what it stands for.

Bob

19. You're a fucking idiot. And i hope whatever part it is that you came here for is already sold or the seller sees what you are saying about the rule that @Ryan put in place and doesn't answer you. If i was a moderator, you'd be gone.

bowie, Thor1 and The37Kid like this.
  20. The37Kid

The37Kid

This is why the world loves firemen! Thanks for all you do Lloyd!

Bob

21. Christoph_1954

Christoph_1954

Hello, i´m a new member from Germany. I only want to buy a car from the "car for sale" section.
    Why do i have more than 10 posts to contact a car seller, who´s selling a not custom car or a hot rod.
    Sorry, should i post 10 posts about my not custom Dodge to sell a not custom car?

I don´t understand that. Why is it not easier to contact a seller?

Can you help me?

Kind regards

Christoph

22. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

this is a fairly new rule to combat the scammers we had in the classifieds. the requirements are clearly spelled out in the rules of the classifieds section. the rules are marked by giant red stop signs ...
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/cant-reply-to-classified-ads.699639/

54delray and Thor1 like this.
  23. Some people think this is just a buy/sell website. That's a problem. Classifieds is not why this place exists.:rolleyes:

wrastu, 54delray, 210superair and 4 others like this.
  24. fordgezzer

fordgezzer
    from texas

I only have sent pm's to reply to ads. I really don't like sending contact info for the world to see. It might just be the reason the moderators say there is a spam problem. Now, I can't send a pm for a ad to purchase a car because I have no posts. This doesn't seem well thought out.

25. ......One post in 10 1/2 years. Way to be involved!:rolleyes:

26. A complaint :rolleyes:

27. fordgezzer

fordgezzer
    from texas

True, I haven't posted "nice car" 10 times. I have had conversations with several members privately. Guess that doesn't count.

28. Joe Keller

Joe Keller

I found an ad and want to contact the seller. On the ad is a statement "you have insufficient privalages to reply" If I click the seller username I get his profile, location,feedback etc but no start conversation button. I am a H.A.M.B.member

29. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

30. David Huaracha

David Huaracha