Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Different Kind of Quick Change?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bchctybob, Feb 8, 2021.

1. bchctybob

bchctybob

If someone else has posted this I didn’t find it searching. I was looking at a Hot Rod Magazine from 1956 today and noticed this in the new parts section. Just one view so details are scarce. I’ve never seen one of these.
    Anyone ever seen one? Anyone have one? More info? IMG_2936.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

51 BIRD likes this.
  2. bchctybob

bchctybob

It looks like a pair of spur gears that go between the torque tube and the banjo. I guess you would have to shorten the torque tube a little. I was hoping that our resident quick change guys would have some information.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Bumpety bump for bitchy Bob! ;)

bchctybob likes this.
  4. I think you are right on how it bolts in

bchctybob likes this.

5. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Not any help here! The only reference I have for LeBaron is Chet LaBaron Goshen, NY.

Do you suppose that the slots and jack bolt were to set the backlash on the change gears?

bchctybob likes this.
  6. bchctybob

bchctybob

That's what I would guess, and the slots are long to make up for different root diameters.
    I've seen lots of cool old stuff pop up on the HAMB over the years so I thought I'd just throw it out there in case someone has one on a dusty shelf somewhere or installed on an old Ford rear end leaning against the fence. My search only brought up ugly Chryslers and basketball jerseys......
    And Lloyd, I am not bitchy (unless you count while I was working on the washing machine last weekend - :mad:)

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  7. I told you brother! First time i seen your name i thought it meant bitchy Bob! Lol, it just stuck! :D;)

bchctybob likes this.
  8. Budget36

Budget36

+1 ;)

9. bchctybob

bchctybob

Yeah, there’s a few names on here that the old brain plays Scrabble with, you mentioned uncleandy before. Funny.
    My shop was called Beach City Performance. The shop was in Redondo Beach, Ca and I was always a big fan of the Beach City Chevrolet Corvette funny car so that was the name I came up with. The logo was the name in black script under a breaking wave in turquoise. At the local car events customers would introduce me as Beach City Bob so I’ve used it as a moniker ever since.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

Chet LeBaron also built a 2-speed driveshaft that was before my time,but I heard old-timers talking about it.

bchctybob likes this.