Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

Thank you very much Moose. That’s pretty good. Can I ask for a couple shades darker? Or any other ideas are more than welcome.

loudbang likes this.
  2. I hate asking, but I wonder how the shoebox ute would look combined with this shoebox? You know, wheel wells, etc. shoebox-ford-coupe-1896.jpeg SEMA-Shoebox-Ford-04-1200x800.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

OahuEli and loudbang like this.

3. Darker Gray.jpg gold.jpg

4. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

Thanks much Moose. All food for thought.

loudbang likes this.
  5. Uribe

Uribe

loudbang likes this.
  6. madfish

madfish

The Race Of Gentlemen is considering a Competition Coupe class. The most familiar ones were 33 and 34 coupes. Which got me to wondering what would a purpose built Model A coupe look like for TROG?
    Any takers?

1930-ford-model-a-rumble-seat-coupe.jpg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    kiwijeff and loudbang like this.
  7. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Since you mentioned a caramel interior I grabbed themoose's version and went as "caramel" as I could get.
    Might be too "orangey" for you.

Caramel 2.jpg

8. [​IMG]

I don't suppose someone could take a healthy section out of the middle of this? I always wondered what a family-friendly version of My Blue Heaven would look like..

loudbang likes this.
  9. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

Thanks man. Actually looks pretty good, but my wife would divorce me with an orange vehicle. Lol. After 50 years of marriage I don’t want to start over. Keep at it though. I’m open to any ideas.

loudbang and Rot 'n Kustom like this.
  10. vinny harms

vinny harms

Hey moose can you clean up my photoshop and make the roof flat black and the body this brown primer and also some white scallops? I'm "planning" something PicsArt_02-09-01.19.51.jpeg leather-brown-rust-oleum-stops-rust-general-purpose-spray-paint-7775830-64_1000.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S111DL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Squablow

Squablow

I can't do shadows very well but here's a freshman effort on the '59.

64b54fd17c999e7a0585bf588b545d1d.jpg

12. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

IMG_0203.JPG IMG_0841.JPG 97090BBC-58BB-42B9-8DCB-E331F9E7BB7A-418-0000005D479ADD6E.jpg IMG_0332.JPG Hi guys, love the talent, I can barely type on this bloody thing.
    Could someone please put a set of these wheels on my Vedette, I feel the need to go more old school and these look like a reasonable price. Thanks in advance.
    Ps. Feel free to play, all styling ideas/suggestions welcome.

Paul

13. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

Would anybody be down to play around with rendering what my Biscayne will hopefully look like finished? I'm going for a mid 60s M/P drag car look.
    Here's a rundown of what I'm planing on doing to it over the next year or so:

-Raise the front up so it sits high and level (I'll be using super duty springs from a 409 station wagon).
    -Paint it bright ass orange (for my daughter, Clementine). I'll just be doing a solid, non-metalic single stage.
    - it'll be getting a tunnel rammed 427, so it'll have a period style scoop covering it (maybe Two Lane Blacktop style, maybe Pontiac Super Duty style if it's tall/long enough) along with fenderwell headers.
    -keeping the black steelies in back, but but some Towel City or M&H cheaters. Up front will be some kind of mags (S/S, Keystone Klassics, polished slots, not really sure) with blackwalls.
    -if your feeling really fancy, I'm gonna letter it up with the name of the machine shop I go to (any random name will do) and the car will be called "The Rotten Tangerine", like the line from the old Burning of the School song.... "and I bopped 'er on the bean, with a rotten tangerine"

Thanks in advance to anyone who's into it. It would be really great inspiration to hang up on my toolbox, as well as something to show the wife so she can understand that th ere is an end goal to all the time and money I spend out in the garage LOL!
    IMG_20200512_164205.jpg IMG_20200512_164217.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  14. IMG_0332.png

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    loudbang and Sandgroper like this.
  15. Very nice car...Here something a little different with a bit of an altitude adjustment

custom.jpg

16. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

Wow moose, looks stunning. Lots of food for thought. If I can find steel rims with the right stud pattern I think beauty rings and baby moons are the way to go. Love the lowered look, planning that right now, lol.
    Thanks heaps, really appreciate it.

Paul

Jim Bouchard and loudbang like this.
  17. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

Thanks heaps fif-t-3, looks good but not quite how I imagined. You saved me some money because I don't think I would have been happy. I think moose nailed it.
    Maybe cragars or similar would look better?

Regards
    Paul

Peanut 1959 and loudbang like this.
  18. Hey Wayne I believe the rules allow for shiny paint and you know I love shiny paint. It would look good for one run at least:eek:

TROG.jpg

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  19. madfish

madfish

Hey Moose!, Found parts of a '33. Decided to cut the A up, add the '33 pieces and put them back together. Had to paint the damn thing too...
    Never give a redneck a sawzall.

A:33 copy.jpg

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    kiwijeff, silent rick, slv63 and 5 others like this.
  20. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Damn, Madfish - that's wicked! :eek:

loudbang likes this.
  21. madfish

madfish

@ShortyLaVen

Here's a quick version of the changes you wanted.

60 gasser.jpg

kiwijeff, OahuEli, themoose and 3 others like this.
  22. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

Man!!!! That is bitchin!!! Now I need to do colored flat glass for sure. Thanks man!!

loudbang likes this.

23. Here's a version that I think would reflect how it might have look in the 60s

59 Chevy MP.jpg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    kiwijeff, Just Gary, OahuEli and 4 others like this.
  24. Can I get the rear fender radiused on my truck ?
    I'm thinking maybe sticking the rear tires out just an inch or two.
    And if you're feeling up to it some panel paint in a dark blue just fogged around the edge of the panel.
    Here are a couple examples of the panels but nothing to overly complicated, I'm a less is more kinda guy ya know.

20200608_201032.jpg Screenshot_20210215-024543_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20210215-024333_Facebook.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  25. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

How about this?
    ZZ What Final.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  26. Nice but I was looking for panels on the roof and fenders too and a little darker on the blue.
    Your rendering is close to my buddy's Willys and all I'd hear was that I copied his truck. 100_4519.jpg

kiwijeff and loudbang like this.
  27. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

OK. I heavied up the fog lines with a darker shade of blue and added some work on the fenders and hood.
    Any darker on the blue and it will be indistinguishable from black. Panel jobs usually look best dark on light or light on dark. I avoided secondary colors since you said you wanted it simple. ZZ What Final 2 05.jpg

loudbang, Peanut 1959 and themoose like this.
  28. verde742

verde742

hate it, look so good black !!!

loudbang and swade41 like this.
  29. Maybe something like this...
    chev.jpg

30. Thanks Rot'n, looks like my neighbor still has his hands on his hips trying to figure it out lol
    My problem is that I like my Moon discs and my satin black, I'd like to change it up but I can't commit to changing to different wheels that I have in the garage (which are the ones that are photoshopped in that photo) I would like a little something but what's worthy. I've collected photos of flames, of panel paint, of wheel combos, of paint colors, it all looks great on the other vehicles but I just can't get that conveyed over to mine. ugh

Rot 'n Kustom and loudbang like this.