Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1956 Ford Victoria (New to me)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eric16, Feb 7, 2021.

1. My dad and I did a 55 four-door resto-mod style and used the FatMat drop spindles that automatically convert to disk brakes and use and mustang dual reservoir master cylinder that bolts right into the stock location.

Atwater Mike and loudbang like this.
  2. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Nice car. Also love the colors and paint scheme.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Terrific car!! Don't change it a bit......way too nice to change.......Your other car can be your hot rod....

loudbang likes this.
  4. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My FAVORITE model from FORD'S FAMILY OF FINE CARS.

You, sir, are one enviable individual. Also love your roadster.

loudbang likes this.
  5. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Thanks for correcting me JimmySix. Where did you get that book on '54-57 Ford passenger cars?

To the OP if you want a wee bit of a drop on the front end Aerostar coils for the front do a good job if they are not already in place.

loudbang likes this.
  6. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks found the illustration book at Larry’s T-Bird in Corona Ca. $30 but a God send when I took mine apart for painting; there are part #’s too.
    I like the AreoStars for looks but they do ride different than stock since they are compound wound.

loudbang likes this.
  7. loudbang likes this.
  8. Tim Walker

Tim Walker

The car is cooler then cool! I build Y block fords now and then and had a 55 vicky. You want Dimondback wide white radials , a 1957 four V intake with a 550 cfm carb. The 1958 exhaust manifolds are the best breathing rear dumps (center dump ram horns won't clear your steering box) There are aftermarket bolt on front and rear sway bars that are worth every penny. This is what I'm running now on my 55 bird and its a blast to drive.

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  9. v8flat44

v8flat44

W O W !!! Really nice....ride, ride, ride. I can almost hear the sweet Y Block sound.........

loudbang likes this.
  10. hudson48

hudson48

Congratulations on getting a nice car!!

loudbang likes this.
  11. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

Awesome car!
    On my ‘54 y block powered country squire I used the kit from scare bird for disk brakes, a master from and 80’s ford pickup and a booster from a ‘93 mustang cobra.
    The car stops as well as any non abs car out there and I like that I can get parts at the local parts store.

Looks like you’ve already got decent manifolds so if they’re not cracked just put on two glass pack mufflers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loudbang likes this.
  12. Eric16

Eric16

I need to replace the exhaust manifolds because they are both broken off behind the first bolt and causing a leak. I was curious since they're both coming off anyway, what's the best thing to put back in? Stock, cast header, or tube header?

guthriesmith and loudbang like this.
  13. Eric16

Eric16

Haha you're not far off! I have plenty of time driving a manual, but the test drive on this car was my first time with a three on the tree, and the first time hearing that Ford had an overdrive that year!

loudbang and warhorseracing like this.
  14. Eric16

Eric16

I also would like some input on some light custom touches that I could add to this car correct to the late 50's? I know about the Mercury Wagon tail lights (I would love a set if anyone has some), T-bird valve covers, and Lincoln Premiere hubcaps.

Thank you for all the great input and encouragement. I promise I won't do anything to crazy to the car, just looking to refine it a bit.

loudbang and warhorseracing like this.
  15. Pretty sure all V8 cars in the Fairlane trim line had factory duals with no crossover pipe. I have a '55 Fairlane Town Sedan that my parents bought new. It came with factory duals and never had a crossover pipe. Only crossover pipes and single exhausts I ever saw on a '55 or '56 were on cars in the Customline and Mainline series. You have a beautiful car--I like the Victoria hardtop better than a Crown Vic, and the red and black two tone is a combination rarely seen. PM me if you need help finding stock exhaust manifolds. I have a friend here who has a lot of '55 and '56 parts, and he probably has some.

jimmy six, Eric16 and loudbang like this.
  16. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

That is a striking colour combo. Thanks for posting as it's caused me to get excited about my 56 Meteor Rideau Victoria. I really think the biggest problem with these cars is picking a colour or two nad in my case three. Meteors could be single, two, or tri tone! Add in the colours choices and can be a real challenge...

loudbang likes this.
  17. loudbang

loudbang

Go look in here a BUNCH of minor customizing ideas.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/images-of-tri-five-fords.1210072/

18. Man! That's nice, congrats on the score. As previously mentioned, check out the '54 thru '59 Ford social group, lot's of great information.

loudbang likes this.
  19. Eric16

Eric16

The guy I bought it from had a black over red convertible, with a black top. He liked that combo so much, he decided to paint this one with the black top, black middle, over the red. As far as I know, the red is scarlet red, PPG's base red they use to mix other reds.

loudbang likes this.
  20. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

57- up cast iron are the best and you can get a flapper eliminator for the right side. Make the exhaust sound the same at the back. Reds headers makes a set for your car if your a tubing header guy..
    Merc station wagon taillights take a 2nd mortgage on your home but Lee custom lenses are being remade at a reasonable cost. Some one is making fiberglass Mercs and with a chrome vinyl wrap they would look good..

loudbang likes this.
  21. Eric16

Eric16

When you can't go out for Valentine's Day, make your own drive inn!

20210214_193433.jpg

22. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

You don't even need a movie just the back seat!

loudbang likes this.
  23. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's everything you need to know about exhaust manifolds. Even though I've had 4 sets of headers on y blocks, the 57 manifolds probably are the best bang thru a full exhaust system. Read all the way to the end to see the latest results. This is a non stock motor Ted has on the dyno.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic55379.aspx

loudbang likes this.
  24. Eric16

Eric16

Finally ordered my power disc brake kit set up with the 2.5in drop! On top of that I found a pair of the elusive 55-56 Merc wagon taillights! It's been a good week for the Victoria!

s-l1600.jpg

jimmy six, loudbang and guthriesmith like this.
  25. Congratulations.
    Probably the finest looking stocker to be produced, IMHO

26. Eric16

Eric16

What sway bar kit did you use?

27. jaracer

jaracer

A company here in Oregon called Quickor http://quickorgarage.com/about.htm. The last time I talked to him at a swap meet, maybe 2 years ago, he was semi-retired. He said he was still selling things he had developed, but nothing new. The front and rear sway bar kit I got for my 57 T-Bird is first class. It really helped on body roll.

28. Eric16

Eric16

29. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’ve bought a lot of parts for my 56’ Victoria from Larry’s because he is relatively close. Always found quality good but I’m sure he uses some of the same suppliers as Concours, T-Bird Products, Prestige Thunderbird, etc. The next purchase will be the front larger sway bar perhaps this winter. I’m not interested in a rear.

30. Dangerousdan

Dangerousdan
    from Arizona

Your choice is right on. Your starting with a great example. They are Fords finance.

jimmy six and loudbang like this.