Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Blasphemi

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by sdluck, Dec 24, 2019.

1. [​IMG]
    This guy don't need a hat

chryslerfan55 and scotty t like this.
  2. Muttley

Muttley

3. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

I thought Finn lived in Cal not Ga

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Where does Finnegan live? : Roadkillshow - Reddit
    May 14, 2016 - But seriously he has a house in Georgia were he does the Finnegan's garage stuff so does he still work for Hot Rod Mag in LA?

5. squirrel

squirrel

He moved back home to Georgia from California, years ago.

loudbang, mad mikey and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. I'd be ashamed to be so fucking jealous of somebody. All I'm gonna say is step back and take a look at yourself before you judge someone else. Just because you're old doesn't mean you're right

7. My hat is off to all the guys that took part in the races. I got to the track a little late and missed Jim’s run but I got to talk with him for a bit. Nice guy, just like 99% of the people there. Sharing parts, tools and man power. It’s like a trip back in time, no big rigs or RVs in sight. If it comes through your neck of the woods next year you should check it out.

8. Well said my friend. That about sums it up. I have a feeling that Finn is not the only person he is jealous of.:rolleyes:

loudbang, -Brent- and Just Gary like this.
  9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Yeh
    To steal a line used here many times before, goes something like "show us what you got".
    No, not that!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    mad mikey likes this.
  10. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

After viewing this thread for the last several days I have grown another layer of skin.

kidcampbell71 and Old wolf like this.
  11. mopacltd

mopacltd

I'm just moving on!

12. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I don’t recommend the torque fly apart trans lol I tried it didn’t work so I went back to the trusty ol 833 and I don’t see a problem with Saltflats idea I have a 331 in my 59 wagon lol

13. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

One thing that I haven't seen anybody mention is Finn's connection's to everyone needed to make that 55 earn its keep. I'm sure he's spent big bucks on it but I'm sure there's a few big names steering him along the way.

Old wolf likes this.
  14. 74nova2003

74nova2003

Well, if you win by a mile, you might want to be considered about why the other guy went 3/4 of a mile in reverse

Sent from my SM-G973U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

68shortwide likes this.
  15. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you have not seen the Roadkill Dragweek episode on MotorTrend On Demand, go do it now. It is by far the best episode ever. Hemis, trannys and high drama. And, some pretty good shots of our hero Squirrel deep into the 9s.

-Abone.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  16. That hodge podge piece of shit is a bad ass. Just needs a set of stupid ass looking high back bucket seats stuck in it. I was gonna go to bed until you talked me into watching this!

17. squirrel

squirrel

We had Dan (my copilot on DW) and his wife over for dinner tonight, then a show....they don't get MTOD. Was fun to watch, again.

18. RocktimusPryme

RocktimusPryme

I hope to be out there this year in the Gas B category. Im scrambling to try and put this heap together before summer.

mad mikey and squirrel like this.
  19. HalleysRevenge

HalleysRevenge

mad mikey likes this.
  20. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Got to say Ranchero isnt a bad platform like many say it is... The extra weight on the rear of that thing if you do weight reduction on the front its honestly a good contender.

Fin is a cool dude met him a few times, he is a mini trucker who loves hotrodding. Dude does a job having fun, so cant hate him for that. 100k is alot,, maybe a few discounts like we get from folks we know, but if you have built a hemi for race its an easy 15k for starters.. Drag week is cool, I dig that its driving and racing, not just trailer cars and shit talking on tv like so many things these days. I respect anyone running something built for drag week, not a showroom fresh new one.

Enjoy things for what they are folks, think you can do better then go out and do better.

Quote of the day.
    "Drag Racing is the only sport where you spend thousands of dollars to impress people you don't even know... "

Old wolf and Nicholas Coe like this.
  21. HalleysRevenge

HalleysRevenge

I’m going to follow Drag Week along from Byron back to US131 for next year, will be cool to see all these cars in person. DW records will be broke @ Byron I’m sure.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  22. Can anyone tell me what brand the rear wheels on Blaphemi are? They appear to be a newer wheel but looking at the multi lug pattern. They also appear to be run of the mill aluminum slots until you zoom in and notice the protruding lip around the windows. Looking for a little help identifiing them. Anyone? Mike Finnegan Blasphemi 002.jpg

23. 24riverview

24riverview

He says custom made by Mike Curtis in the video.
    Guessing here-
    https://mikecurtisdesign.com/

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    chryslerfan55 and mad mikey like this.
  24. Sure would love to see blasphemi and squirrel in bowling green for the hot rod reunion :D

25. Thanks. That makes sense now!!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

26. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

American Rebel makes a similar wheel they call the Sprint.

https://www.americanrebelmfg.com/sprint-15x10-p

27. mad mikey and Thor1 like this.
  28. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Those wheels were originally made by halibrand in the late 90’s early 2000’s they were called the speedway the sprint had a different window

Chrome don’t get ya home

mad mikey likes this.
  29. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Big names? I don't think so. I'd bet unless you frequent the same haunts as he and some other racers do, most the names wont be familiar to a lot of guys. And some of those who've helped him get Blasphemi where it is are very unknowns.
    The Meyers chassis had some real handling issues, and some so bad it scared the Hell out of Mike when he got the car going very fast on the drag strip, and on occasion nearly wrecked it. He found an oldtimer with good knowledge of straight axle suspension geometry, and they completely reworked the front suspension to make it a much safer setup. I thought the Meyers setup was sketchy from the Roadkill video showing it rolling out of Jim Meyers garage when it got set on the new chassis! But to Mike's credit, he never spoke ill of what Meyers did, he simply took his lumps, and got it worked out. But that seems to be his attitude about everything he does with cars. He rolls with the problems and gets them worked out. I've seen a lot of guys who are the exact opposite, and blame every trouble on someone else.