Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '32 ford coupe found it's way back home after 56 years

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hapydz, May 16, 2013.

1. You are talking about the cream/yellow one ,right ?

2. old.hot.rodder

old.hot.rodder

Great Story !!!

Hapydz likes this.
  3. I would like to thank all for responding to my story !!!! I sit here with a big grin on my kisser reading your comments !!! I hope we all make good progress on our projects of choice over the next year and I know I would love to hear about yours ! Thanks again and take very good care !!!!

4. Having a problem with delivery of the complete fender order. Makes me consider building the '32 into a High-Boy !

5. Naw, you want the fenders. Especially up here. Have faith, if they've been shipped, they'll get here. Just have to go through TO, though.

Blue One and Hapydz like this.
  6. Thanks 56 I needed that !!!;)

7. I am very happy to report that the "Other " rear fender arrived today.....Ya Hoooo !!!! They are perfect.....United Pacific is No 1 in my humble opinion !!!! Now on to getting the front ones

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  8. Just.dale

Just.dale

Great story, glad you got her back!!!

Hapydz likes this.
  9. Thanks Dale ...I'm glad too but I'm not so sure my wife is....LOL

10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I’m still following along while you build the car that so far has eluded me, a 32 5 window.

I’ll continue to enjoy my RPU and carry on after all I’m only 66 now. :D

You and my buddy Dave who just turned 80 and is building a Brookville 32 RPU are inspirational.

Keep at it and stay healthy. :cool:

Hapydz likes this.
  11. Thanks Sprout ...... I sure will try, Ron

RodStRace likes this.
  12. I think that the only items that seem to hard to locate for the '32 are the coupe seat cushions. I have the seat structure but I never did get the seat bottom cushion or the seat back cushion itself. Anyone have any ideas ?

13. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

How about Model A, could they be modified to work OK?

14. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I'm confused ...you getting more front fenders or is this a typo? Enjoying the thread though!

15. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I'm in the same boat but the 5W seat stuff is pricey when you can find them so I'm going with a Ford van seat. If anyone finds this offensive I'll give them my address so they can send me the correct stuff! LOL

Hapydz likes this.
  16. The fenders that just came are for the rear of the car, sorry If I didn't explain that.... and thanks for posting.......(I will be 82 in June so we will blame that on getting old.......OK ? LOL)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. Let me know how that works out, would you ? Thanks, Ron

18. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

19. Wouldn't it be better to build the cushions out of varying densities of foam? Since you don't have the spring sets, I think that would be a good way to go.

kidcampbell71 and Hapydz like this.
  20. You could very well be right, 56 ....... Ron

21. 34 5W Paul

34 5W Paul
    from Fresno CA

Thanks Ron, had not seen that. Very nicely produced, once again highlighting just how far ahead of its time that McGee roadster was. Hard to fathom that level of vision and craftsmanship back in 1948. I grew up in the McMullen Roadster heyday and really take my hat off to Bob McGee. That it was restored by Pete Chapouris shortly before his death, and restored to its original flathead glory is all just massive karma around this icon of hot rodding.

Hapydz likes this.
  22. 54vicky

54vicky

spent this morning +reading your story turning every page took me back.I imagined it was xmas and as I turned a page it was like opening a new present.hoping this madness ends and you and your son can get to oakland and finish your journey.PS as larry would say geter done:D:D

Blue One and Hapydz like this.
  23. 54.....Thanks for responding !!!! It would have been great to get the roadster to Oakland but as I will be 82 this summer, I think I'm running out of time. Anyway, I have had more than my share of fun with this interest but on the other hand , I am always up for a new Hot Rod adventure ! Thanks, Ron

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    Blue One and kidcampbell71 like this.
  24. RockyMtnWay

RockyMtnWay

Know what you mean about 32 seats getting pricey to find/fix/recover, and it gets worse when you do all that and then the project you were saving it for goes away. Now it just sits there laughing at me. :mad::mad::mad:.

000D7709-4EA7-4112-BD40-2FE0F7DE4E6A.jpeg

25. That bench seat looks like just what I want, need, have to have, would it fit ? Please tell me you will sell it to me......

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    6inarow, Blue One and kidcampbell71 like this.
  26. Anyone else have a seat that will work ?

27. Well the beautiful '32 bench seat will be coming to my little shop very soon, I am very happy to say ! I am very happy to report as well that the United Pacific front fenders are on their way here as well. I had better get out to the shop in order to git her done, as someone once said........ as I am running out of room storing all of these beautiful parts.......

28. Way to go Ron, sounds like you have a lot of key pieces to getting it completed.
    Say hello to Rich for me.

Hapydz likes this.
  29. The beautiful '32 bench seat mentioned above was re-done in Strathmore, Alberta , Canada at "Old Iron Kustoms". Check out there web site...they sure do beautiful work !!!