Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Gosh, I hope these aren't Billet.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roderick Hazen, Feb 1, 2021.

1. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

Does it matter? It does looks good.

grumpy65 likes this.
  2. The license plate surround is a repop of a 40’s/50’s one that show up on eBay quite often.
    Cool looking.

3. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like @grumpy65 , I too will concede some of my comments. Your only real mistake was professing the attributes of CNC in a "I hate billet" thread.
    Technical - Building a new Winfield... | The H.A.M.B. (jalopyjournal.com)
    I've seen your work (and dedication) in the New Winfield thread...and I understand why you chose this (CNC) build process as the only feasible direction to take. Your work is very impressive.

4. Budget36

Budget36

That’s what prompted my earlier reply, if you can’t tell what it was made from, it doesn’t matter, right? If the OP thought it was too “flashy/fake” he wouldn’t have asked the question (IMO).

5. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

So now the traditional hot rod and parts have to be built with traditional tools to be worthy?

grumpy65 likes this.
  6. Yes. No tools or parts past 64.
    I’m currently collecting vintage air from old tires. The hard part is finding period correct gas.

7. adam401

adam401

When you say period correct gas are you referring to all the old farts that hang out here?

8. Budget36

Budget36

I have some, I was born in 61. My mom always said I farted too much. Surely some is left over?

grumpy65 and anthony myrick like this.
  9. grumpy65

grumpy65

Lets put some things into perspective. Quoted above is the original post. I have highlighted the bit that sets the tone for the thread. It seems to be the original poster's personal preference not to use billet stuff..................:rolleyes:
    Please correct me if I am wrong.....:)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  10. Roderick Hazen

Roderick Hazen

In my attempt to gain some information on these trim details, I threw in some tongue in cheek humor. My dislike of machined aluminum I tried to address back on page 1. Sorry for stirring this up.

So-Cal License Surround is no longer for sale on their website. That's the sad news right now. :(

loudbang likes this.
  11. grumpy65

grumpy65

Don't be sorry. It's all good fun...........:D:D:D