Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Harbor Freight coupon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4ty, Feb 6, 2021.

1. 4ty

4ty

I couldn't find the recent thread on the lack of HF 20% off coupons.

The January issue of HEMING's has a HF ad with a 20% off coupon.
    Hope this helps someone.
    Paul in CT

wraymen likes this.
  2. Sporty45

Sporty45

I have the app on my phone and it still shows the 20% off coupon, but it doesn't show any free stuff anymore!

3. Whatever are we going to do???

hotrodharry2 and sidevalve8ba like this.
  4. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There's always one on your phone. Harbor Fright can't do without it.

5. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

I think I get one on my phone everyday.

6. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I know a guy who drove 50 miles one way to buy a circular saw(his went bad) because he had a 20% off coupon. Not sure why he didn`t buy one locally. So I guess they do work. The very few times I`m in the store, they ask for my phone number, I decline and say you don`t need to have it.

7. oldolds

oldolds

The phone number is asked for at the store to keep record of purchases. For any warranty claims. If you do the app or email thing you might get phone messages

Flathead Dave likes this.
  8. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Every time I get an email ad with a 20% off coupon I send them back a nasty email asking what good they are, since the list of what products they can't be used for is larger than what they can be used for! Hopefully my emails have helped eliminate the stupid, useless 20% coupons.

slowmotion likes this.
  9. I receive my monthly subscription of Hot Rod magazine, in the mail, with that STUPID Harbor Freight discount sticker glued in the middle of the front cover. This ticks me off, really intensely! (Plus, Harbor Freight stickers are not pre 1964 stuff, so this thread needs .... )

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  10. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

It seems that the 20 off coupon is getting rare.

It looks to me that they want you to join their club in order to get discounts.

I've bought quite a few things with their coupons but there are alot more I would have bought IF they had not been excluded on the coupon.

11. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

It seems like ever since they got their own credit card a lot of the super cheap, get you in the door coupons have gone away. I mean I haven't bought a battery for a remote in years, but I haven't seen a free battery or magnetic tray coupon in months.

Sent from my SM-G973U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. How do I retrieve the coupon from my phone?
    [​IMG]

13. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

I just bought a set of US general tool boxes from HF. There were no coupons available, so I got their credit card for a 10% discount. Paid the card off for the boxes 3 days later. Probably never use the card again. The boxes are great for the money.

seb fontana likes this.
  14. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I have a flip phone which I rarely use. Land line for me. I only use my wife`s e mail on rare occasions. I don`t have E mail.

56don likes this.
  15. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I didn’t have one and wanted to buy one of their large vacuum/fuel pump tester. Went on line, printed a coupon that did not look like a normal 20%er. Copied it and it was just fine.... those pricks now have me buying AAA batteries for all those “free” flashlights....

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  16. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Bet most of us are AARP, their magazine always seems to have one.

17. My AMAC magazine had a HF coupon in it today also.

18. 4ty

4ty

The January issue of Hemming's has a 20% off coupon.
    Paul in CT

19. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Used them a lot, course when you buy a bunch of different stuff, I guess they tack it on where they want (?). Y peave is, why have't they got the nitrile gloves and such? It's all COVID19 related, especially since early on in this pandemic, they offered to GIVE their gloves to medical institutions. I'm stocked up, but my wife wants them for her work, and they don't have them. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

20. Just google harbor freight coupon. You will find some.

21. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Harbor Freight free batteries weren't worth the time it took to put them in anything! I used them in the mouse for my computer, and got so pissed at how quickly they went dead that I threw the rest away, and went back to good Duracell batteries.

sidevalve8ba and stanlow69 like this.
  22. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I have an Atlas leaf blower and a Hercules shop vac. I'm waiting for the Jack LaLanne line of pool cleaning equipment.

slowmotion likes this.
  23. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Are you buying the HF AAA batteries?:D

24. Journey magazine (from AAA) usually has the 20% coupon in them, also. Just a half-baked observation: seems to me the 20% off coupons are in mags where they hope to entice new customers. If you are a regular customer getting e-mails, etc., from them it seems they are harder to find.

YMMV

blowby likes this.
  25. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

"I love Harbor Freight!" "I hate Harbor Freight!"
    download.gif

26. gene-koning

gene-koning

I don't go into the store we have here in town very often any more. Our local Menard's prices are very close to the HF prices, and a lot of their stuff is made in the USA. I'd much rather support the WI based company then the China based company.

If I do buy something from them, I always present the 20% off coupon. The last few times they entered it, it took the 20% off whatever I was buying (I'll often buy only one or 2 things), even if the coupon said it wasn't covered. I figure I'm not out anything to try it. Gene

27. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Used to really like HF when they were the leader of their market. Now, Its all Chinese crap. I like the Pittsburgh brand impact tools, but other than that, only thing I buy from them is media and the purple spray guns.

28. slowmotion

slowmotion

The exclusions on the 20% coupon pretty much make it toilet paper IMO. Besides, who the fuck can read that fine of print???

blowby and bob b. like this.
  29. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

I use them for Evaporust and media for my soda and sand blasters. Who wouldn't like 20% off on things like that even if you don't like the rest of the stuff they sell.