Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical C1 Corvette performance upgrades

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by C1/C2Guy, Oct 6, 2020.

1. jimdillon

jimdillon

Movin on- maybe this will help.

Attached Files:

loudbang and 31hotrodguy like this.
  2. Jim: Thanks with that I can calculate the AA to CC measurements and get close to what I need.
    Movin/on

loudbang likes this.
  3. Jim Looking at it again: measurement O is 7.75" from the datum line.
    Any idea how this measurement relates to the CL of the front and rear axle center heights?
    Movin/on

loudbang likes this.
  4. jimdillon

jimdillon

No I am not sure of the relation and my cars are anything but stock in height. I see O as the centerline of the frame longitudinally in the center portion of the frame, when it is sitting level. If I had one stock I could take the 7.75 and set that measurement and then find the front and rear axle heights but anything I could do with mine may be a bit cloudy. I used this schematic when I repaired a frame that was out of whack and it came out well but never played with components in relation to the frame, other than when I mounted the body it worked out well. If I can take a measurement with what I have let me know. I have a frame with a Dana 60, a Ford 9 and a stock housing. All of the fronts assemblies have been changed from stock height.

loudbang likes this.
  5. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Aren't the axle centerlines just a function of tire diameter?

For example:
    6.70 x 15
    6.7 X 2 = 13.4
    13.4 + 15 = 28.4
    28.4 / 2 = 14.2

There has to be some allowance for tire 'squish' but that should get you close.

loudbang likes this.
  6. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Steering question? Has anyone of you ever used the quick steering adapter? Is it helpful or does it make the steering to hard for normal street driving? I may have asked this before but I couldn’t remember??

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  7. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

loudbang likes this.
  8. Does anyone have the weight of a bare body 1960 Vette? No interior, windshield, doors, hood or rear deck etc...
    I'm getting ready to take the body off the chassis and need to find what it weights for lifting strength.
    Movin/on

loudbang likes this.
  9. I've never used one but I have read about them. I believe there is a big increase in steering effort. A lot of the guys who switch to elect. steering use them.

31hotrodguy and loudbang like this.
  10. v8flat44

v8flat44

I know where there is a restored 59 with dual quads. It doesn't need any performance improvements. Just say'n .......

31hotrodguy and loudbang like this.
  11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

There is always room for improvements. ;)

12. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy