Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Chevrolet Master 2 door > hotrod ?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by arj, Jan 24, 2021.

1. RACE ROD

RACE ROD

I Have the Car Its in Great Shape !

raymay and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. I bought a 33 Chevy that most of the wood was gone. If the body panels are in good shape you can replace the wood with steel. Takes time and patience but can be done. 33 Chevy Left Front.jpg IMG_7339c.jpg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  3. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Reference pic. I hope this is the right one. Don't know squat about those era of Chevrolets.
    161856_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

6inarow and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. One of my best friends built this '35 Chevy Master DeLuxe Victoria about 12 years ago. A very,VERY rare Chevy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It will be a long time before you see another one of these.

5. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

My 35 Chevy (Standard) phaeton still has an excellent wooden internal structure and retains OEM door locks/strikers etc and uses lap belts that attach to steel bosses on frame. However my frame has been boxed with a stout centre X-member that minimises flexing inherent in OEM ladder style frames.
    EWSUN11_053_p.jpg The body may still have some slight movement when travelling at 60mph but it's been on the road for over 15yrs now without issue and no rollover protection being an open car. I'd prefer 3pt restraint in a sedan with a steel internal structure. Here's how to steel out a 32 sedan as an example. Not insurmountable but challenging depending on skill set, tools, budget etc
    http://www.streetrodsnclassics.com/32-chevy-sedan.html

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  6. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-1-25_3-49-56.png
    Hello,

The years of 1933-35 Chevrolet Sedans look pretty much the same. The thing would be that it certainly would stand out in a field of Fords from the same span. There are some similarities, but either way, people would have a hard time deciding between the two. The Chevy is a model that is not normally used as a hot rod in any stage of modification or custom build. But, they have been used from the very early years as “build what you have” style of hot rodding. If you finish or at least get it modified for some fun cruising and road trips in your neck of the world, that would be an individual style that would be hard to beat.
    upload_2021-1-25_3-50-14.png
    This old 1935 Chevy Sedan was modified and looked really good with the latest hot rod parts, paint and accessories. I was visiting my brother in Davis, CA when he had moved up there for some graduate school work. Luckily, I had a phone number of the owner of the 1935 Chevy Sedan from an earlier encounter at the Oakland Roadster Show. It worked out fine as our long vacation, photo shoot tour of Northern California paid off in dividends.

Jnaki

This photo display in Rod Action, as well as several custom motorcycles in various other magazines made it worthwhile for my wife and me. A great road trip, great scenery, companionship, photos of some pretty good hot rods and custom motorcycles was just part of our visit to my brother and his family. You make do with what you have without any worries from other sources.

6inarow and Budget36 like this.
  7. I'm in the process of a 1934 2door master sedan.
    mine came with a new wood kit. was lots of thought process on where to start ect.
    parts are tough to find ,so if you buy it hopefully it's really complete
    mine is in the hot rod process and if I can shead any light just ask
    cheers Mike

8. any chance it was a 34 masters grill???

9. I have a 36 which was the transition year. The roof and front door posts are steel. everything from the doors back including the doors is wood framed. Mid year 1936 they changed over to steel. 37 & newer the wood is pretty much just a bad memory.

10. 6sally6

6sally6

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Thanx for the answer!!:)
    6sally6

11. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

The ‘37 cars have no wood, but the sedan delivery is wood structure for the rear area and back door.

12. Joe Troilo

Joe Troilo

Chevrolet also made a Mercury series car in 33. It came in 2 door and coupe models. They are more rare than the larger Eagle series and very few parts crossover. Make sure the car in question does not have a miss matched set of parts. Good Luck.

Hamtown Al likes this.