Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration What's up with The Rodders Journal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mikko_, Feb 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikko_

Mikko_
    from Sweden

On January 2nd I ordered a bunch of books from the shop at The Rodders Journal website.

I still haven't received anything and I've e-mailed them twice asking about my order but no response.
    Does anyone here know if they are having some trouble of some kind?

2. KFC

KFC
    from UK

I think if you are in Europe/Uk they are currently a dead loss, lots of people haven’t received subscriptions and orders over the last year and the customer care has been poor to say the least

Baumi, GZ and K13 like this.
  3. Mikko_

Mikko_
    from Sweden

That's a bummer if it's true since the order value was like $200.

4. These days a month is probably the bare minimum it would take to get something from the U.S. To Sweden. Still no excuse for the lack of response to enquiries. As mentioned their customer service for International customers has been pretty piss poor over the last year.
    Might want to read this thread:
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/rodders-journal.1209844/

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    Mikko_ likes this.

5. MrMike

MrMike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The book order I placed in early December arrived mid January, shipping right now is unpredictable.

Mikko_ likes this.
  6. Mikko_

Mikko_
    from Sweden

I've ordered some stuff from Snyders a few times this last year, only takes a couple of days before it arrives here in Sweden.

Guess I'll just wait, even if I think they could atleast respond to my e-mails.

K13 likes this.
  7. mlagusis

mlagusis

I ordered a stack of 20 back issues in mid December, 2020 and received them two weeks ago. Not bad in my opinion.

Edit: I just noticed in my first post, I typed 2019 and meant to type 2020.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    kiwijeff likes this.
  8. banjorear

banjorear

As someone who deals with a lot of emails at work, I would suggest picking up the phone and calling to speak to a live person. This tends to get things rolling a lot quicker.

BigChief and alanp561 like this.
  9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That may be hard to do for him as he is in Sweden. It sounds like an office/shipping staff issue since they moved.

It could be a supply issue on some items though. With a lot of outfits running on short staff the whole supply chain is a mess.

Mikko_ likes this.
  10. KFC

KFC
    from UK

Last I heard issue #85 hadn’t even shipped to overseas subscribers and many people never got #84, I think unpredictable shipping is an excuse but probably not the truth

11. I don't believe the have shipped #85 to anyone yet. Issue #84 is the one they haven't shipped to anyone outside the US yet. No subscribers in Australia or New Zealand got #83.

12. KFC

KFC
    from UK

Got my numbers mixed

13. moparboy440

moparboy440
    from Finland

1 year delivery time is pretty bad in my opinion...

texasred likes this.
  14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I ordered an item from Bulgaria Jan 26th and it says expect delivery Feb 20-March 8. Rides across the oceans can take abit...and then there's customs...

15. Ziggster

Ziggster

Doubt shipping is an issue as I ordered something a few weeks ago from the UK and it arrived in 4 days stateside.

16. fargoguy

fargoguy

I was informed in December, after multiple inquiries that international shipping was a no-go at this time due to covid. The fact that they knew this, yet still accepted an order from an international customer after dealing with many upset international customers, speaks volumes to how much they care about international customers. I've tried to be patient here, but this outright looks like they are only concerned with taking your money, even though they know they don't have a plan to ship you your merchandise.

chickenridgerods, K13 and X38 like this.
  17. KFC

KFC
    from UK

Everyone in the uk got there Christmas merchandise catalogues ok, just not anything they paid for

texasred and wraymen like this.
  18. There's plenty of covid lock down areas as was mentioned earlier. I have no explanation why you have received no answer to your emails. I had a book order last year at the end that was at least 6 weeks and I'm in the central US.

19. Fordors

Fordors

You received your Holiday catalog before Christmas? I'm only 800 miles away from their office and mine was delivered last Saturday.

20. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Just got my Xmas catalog last week, did anyone get a poster for the Holidays like in the past ?

21. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

Don't forget the Christmas mail extends sometime until the middle of January, so you are behind that event. But don't feel bad Sears does not do the catalogs anymore. Many people are working from home thus poor customer service. Not making excuses and I don't work for the organization, heck I don't even get their product.

22. verde742

verde742

I have back issues available, perfect condition, lacking 1-10 issues.
    some haven't been open,
    cover price, plus shipping

23. mlagusis

mlagusis

Whoa...correction needed. I placed my order in Mid December 2020...not 2019. I will edit my post.

24. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

Christmas catalog arrived yesterday to central Illinois. I put the blame on USPS.

COCONUTS and lothiandon1940 like this.
  25. They very clearly stated on a previous post that they used the Christmas catalogue as a test for both domestic and international deliveries. As evidenced in this thread, lots of international guys got the catalogue (myself included) prior to the holidays, while domestic addresses didn't receive it till mid/late January.
    You've posted multiple times on this thread. Maybe time to consider yourself an un-subscriber until they get shipping/delivery nailed down to your liking?
    Personally, I'm willing to give them a fair degree of slack given that they rely on printers, package material providers and shippers that are fully outside their control... In my opinion, they have been vary transparent with their communication the whole way long.

I ordered an item from the UK the first week of December that was to me in Canada before the holidays. I ordered an item from the US in late October that wasn't delivered till January. There is significant shipping issues in our current world environment whether you wear a mask or not.

26. 5window

5window

Shortage of workers, Covid-19, dismantling of equipment by top managers with and agenda, weather-lots of reasons. Not a personal vendetta against anyone.

Jimmy B likes this.
  27. Mikko_

Mikko_
    from Sweden

Just to be clear, I didn't order any TRJ issues, I ordered some books by Vern Tardel that they sell so shouldn't be a printer problem.

28. I would think during this stupid pandemic everything is slow, especially the mail service.

I ordered some parts within a 4 hour ride of my home and it took two 17 days to arrive the shipper postmarked the package two days after he received it, to postal system is having major troubles. HRP

29. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I ordered some parts from Rock Auto last Friday, they came in by USPS on Monday. Funny how some things ship fast and others slow.

rbrewer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.