Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Who does woodgraining?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by koolbeans, Jan 30, 2021.

1. koolbeans

koolbeans

2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I had hydrographic woodgraining done locally on my 46 Olds dash and garnish molds. I just googled 'woodgrain hydrographics' and located multiple businesses including this business that I can't vouch for; however there is a link to companies that undertake hydrographic work in your area.
    In saying that there are numerous other businesses out there that will do carbon, woodgrain and other finishes including Woodgrainit (Juliano's Service)

Flathead Dave and fauj like this.
  3. egads

egads

This lady has some great videos on how-to.

mgtstumpy, VF-1 and warhorseracing like this.
  4. This same question was just asked about 2 weeks ago. Same answers. Cannot anyone SEARCH anymore?

XXL__, X38 and egads like this.

5. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

The clown in the video with her is nothing but annoying. It's her video, let her do it.
    Cool video. Cool woman to put up with him showing off and interrupting her.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    warhorseracing likes this.
  6. That she is, and the way she deals with him with respect. She is talented and knows what she is doing without his butting in and trying to distract her.

Flathead Dave likes this.
  7. People don't pay attention in class.

Jrs50, egads and warhorseracing like this.
  8. grumpy65

grumpy65

The next thing will be "Can you search for this for me?".................o_O

9. What is GOOGLE?o_O:confused: "I didn't know that function existed on this forum.":eek:

10. koolbeans

koolbeans

So what?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. clem

clem

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    warhorseracing likes this.
  12. koolbeans

koolbeans

13. x77matt

x77matt
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hi- I had Stuart Lyman (562) 266-4377 do mine and he did a really nice job. Really fast and reasonable price:
    CDA5394F-49F3-4787-8DAC-1FC9F7FD0E61.jpeg 5BF7A0A2-94BE-4EB3-BB4E-77C09079739E.jpeg 56EB8D62-F476-4B69-858B-2626536F0044.jpeg

14. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I watched the video just to see the irritating interrupter. What a doofus! Good video on her part, though.

15. 48 Indian Rag

48 Indian Rag
    from conn

Julianos Hot Rod Parts

[​IMG]There’s something about a woodgrained dash that no other finish can match for sheer elegance and beauty. It traditionally required hours of tedious work, and you paid dearly for it.

Thankfully, it’s the 21st century, and at JULIANO’S offers woodgraining by a process known as hydographics—which translates to fast turnaround and lower prices. The process is a modern, state-of the-art technique that re-creates the same old world finishes we love.

There is an infinite range of color possibilities in yellows, tans, reds, and brown wood tones, in every traditional woodgrain style such as oak, burlwood, birdseye maple, rosewood, walnut, cherry, etc. Turnaround time is days, not months, and large pieces such as outer station wagon trim are no problem. JULIANO’S can woodgrain virtually any kind of part made of any material, including steering wheels and all types of large trim panels.

koolbeans, arkiehotrods and egads like this.
  16. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had the moldings done in a couple of 40 coupes by a place in SoCal a while back-done by hydrographics method--quick turnaround and beautiful job!! would surely do again

Attached Files:

17. nobby

nobby

what ever you do, don't go searching you tube for a
    long haired flogger