Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1938 Pontiac Touring Sedan Restyle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magna.machine.works, Jan 16, 2021.

1. I have finally been able to get my 1938 Pontiac into the shop. I have plans to restyle this car so that it has elements of more expensive cars of the time such as a Deusenberg or Mercedes. I am starting with a very clean, almost rust free car (At least for my part of Canada)
    pontiac front.jpg

2. The car was parked in a farmyard with a mouse infestation. The entire trunk was full of nibbled wool that the mice packed in there. Once it was cleaned out, I rolled it into the shop and started stripping all of the interior out to dispose of it. Since one of the major things to happen to this car is to restyle the roofline, the interior had to go.
    IMG-0024.jpg

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Sandgroper like this.
  3. It was a ton of work to remove the insulation until I got to the tar in the roof. I tried everything I could to get it off. A heat gun, which just helped me smear it around. Eventually I went to the oscillating tool with a scraper on it. This worked awesome!

Hopefully the next time I post, I will have the rest of it cleaned up and can start cutting and metalshaping.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  4. I didn't make much progress this week on the Pontiac, still scraping the tar, but between that, I made this video which is a lead up to my planishing hammer build

5. Do you have a drawing or photoshopped image of what you are going to do? Or a description?

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy and magna.machine.works like this.
  6. All part of the adventure, in due time I will reveal this

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. Sorry friends, nothing to report this week

8. If you’re looking for inspiration you should check out @Cadmad’s ‘39 Packard build thread.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy and magna.machine.works like this.
  9. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ya gotta give us SOMETHING or you may lose us. A lot of us have pretty short attention spans;)

10. loudbang

loudbang

And PHOTOS not just videos :)

11. You got it guys! Next post, more pictures! More info!

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.