Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What One Car Would Make You Switch Makes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Mimilan

Mimilan

Not quite the Greta Garbo Hat here.
    But the real show stopper is the 1933 Studebaker Speedway Regal President 8
    [one of 6 survivors]

upload_2021-1-31_20-51-5.png

2. I'm not a brand kinda guy. But I often thought that I wouldn't mind have'n one of these.[​IMG]

3. wicarnut

wicarnut

I've had the good fortune to have owned my dream cars whatever brand/type they were in different time frames of my life. I tend to be a GM guy, but Ford products, Mopars have been in my garage, all good IMO. Daydreaming I would like to own a fender mount classic like a 30's Packard, Buick, Cadillac, Etc. Doubtful this will this happen as I'm 73 now, retired 11 years and the necessary funding lacking some for a nice car of that type, driving my cars is the deal for me and a true classic in today's times is not a practical driver hobby car IMO. Off and on through the years I've thought about a Corvette, It's the only hobby car that I have thought about and never got around to buying one, I just might purchase a used one this coming summer. I'm down to 3 hobby cars now, 2 OT and my 51, have the garage space, thinking, typing, talking myself into going corvette shopping. LOL[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  4. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

I'm a Ford guy. Currently have a 61 Starliner the OP mentioned. But it seems like there's at least one model of car from all the American manufacturers I'd like to own.

5. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

Aston Martin DB5, Bond, James Bond...

Crazy Steve, Budget36 and loudbang like this.
  6. In my younger years I was strictly a Ford guy. But I got married and my young wife talked me into buying a 58 Corvette. I fell in love with Corvettes after that and have owned one ever since...5 so far.

7. loudbang

loudbang

Always been Ford blue but a 66 Chevy II L-79 or COPO 427 early camaro would make me switch. :)

8. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

No marque loyalty here either.

Automotive concepts are floating cultural commons, and any attempt to claim ownership over them works to my ultimate detriment. To me, part of being into Model As is wresting the Model A out of Ford's hands.

9. Budget36

Budget36

Of the 3 projects I have that are HAMB friendly, a Dodge, Chevy and a Ford.

Guess I'm tri-brand loyal.

Any thing cool I'd like to have.

loudbang and hotrodjack33 like this.
  10. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Funny.
    Spent my first forty years attracted to GM models.
    Suddenly Since I’ve moved away from muscle cars and street rods in the early 1990’s to more traditional hot rods it went to Fords. I’m sure it was the bangers and flatheads that sucked me in. Not necessarily the styles of the bodies.

loudbang likes this.
  11. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

i have been a chevy guy forever, better half bleeds ford blue. a 33/34 ford, a 39 lincoln, a 40 ford all are beautiful and
    i would love to have one, but i remember a certain 57 ford from high school, tear drop hood scoop, hot cam in the yblock that i never got over, to this day i prefer them over a 57 chevy.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    loudbang, ffr1222k and 427 sleeper like this.
  12. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have Chevrolet in my DNA, but that wouldn't stop me from having a '56 Crown Vic with a 427 hi-riser and a 4 speed with 4:57 geared 9 inch out back, a slightly elevated nose high stance, Halibrand mag's, and black on black color combo. Ahhhh... The impossible dream...

loudbang and hotrodjack33 like this.