Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Need help for 57 Olds taillite

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lowliner, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Lowliner

Lowliner

Hello,
    Could someone show me a pic or two, how that clamp on the left should be mounted to the gas door hinge ? Can´t find any Pic on the web nor the shop manual.
    Thank you !!!!

[​IMG]

2. That's not a clamp, that's a spring and should go into the square opening in the hinge. You'll have to figure out which way to face it.

Hnstray and loudbang like this.
  3. Wonder if you could look on-line for a dealer brochure - should show someone opening the gas door on one of the pages and maybe show it.

4. Lowliner

Lowliner

@ Crazy Steve
    Oh, ........okay ! Thanx !!! Exactly, that´s the problem : which way !

@ stillrunners
    That´s what I ´ve done first. Went through all my brochures and manuals. But nothing to find.
    Thats why I postet it here.

So it looks like, I have to find out by trying.
    Thank you all !!!!

5. 5window

5window

Only four choices. The right one will be the one you try last.

6. Sorry - guess there are no HAMB people that own one or care to respond. Sadly I don't have a factory manual for one that shows the answer to your predict amnent.

Bump up.......

7. Lowliner

Lowliner

Thank you stillrunners. But I will give it a try. There´s nothing that really could go wrong. It works or not.
    If not, - next try.

8. Darkharts

Darkharts
    from Corona

[​IMG]

Hope that helps- google image search is your friend if you can remember where you put yours after having it chromed like me.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  9. BJR

BJR

I know this doesn't help your problem now, but this is a great example of why pictures should be taken before disassembly. At work we take pictures of EVERYTHING before we take it apart. 6 months later after working on many other cars we have a reference on how to re assemble the part.