Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects *oldsboy*_T-sedan build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by oldsboy, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

IMG_8298.jpg IMG_8299.jpg It looks like this but I admit these aren't great photos if your trying to see the roof. I'll see if I have any from the hamb drags last year that show it.

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

His steering loop may also may not be a direct fit to another car because of the un-sectioning he did making his cowl taller than stock

3. oldsboy

oldsboy

Woah, Timm thanks for covering for me.

Timm is correct though I added 2” to the cowl to make room for the steering box under the cowl and clean up the body lines of the car. I can get a measurement from top of frame rail to top of hoop, but it’s really a custom thing.

The body clears it by 1/2” all the way around.

I’ll also try and get some finished roof photos up soon. I keep forgetting I didn’t get them uploaded.

4. bryanyeskie

bryanyeskie
    from Hixton

5. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Great project and it looks well balanced, I just hope you do not find the view thru the windshield too frustrating at times.
    Lucky you live in NE where it is mostly flat because on mountain roads it would drive me nuts trying to see up hills...

6. That is a good looking T sedan. I love the chop. Nothing more fun than driving a slinky lowdown hotrod with a chopped top. Some will never understand. I do.

Tman likes this.
  7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Just a bump to the top for some good reading and hopes of some updates ;)

J.Ukrop likes this.
  8. Thanks for the bump, @Tim. I missed this the first time around.

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looks like we aren’t the only ones who dig it... 906CDB79-5405-4B7D-9D60-EC1C8BA422DB.jpeg D4DF587C-C83D-4F14-A332-305EF2BCC7F4.jpeg

10. Rich-CO

Rich-CO
    from Colorado

Hi----I have one of the valve guide pullers. $75 + $10 to ship. Photo attached.
    Rich

Attached Files:

oldsboy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. touring20

touring20

I have been in this hobby for over fifty years , and have never seen anyone ,
    Section a cowl and firewall ! The way that worked in this build was fantastik !

Atwater Mike, oldsboy and loudbang like this.
  12. oldsboy

oldsboy

Thanks Timm!

Thank you sir! I can't take credit for the idea though. That comes from Aaron Kahan of the Burbank Choppers. He did the same to his coupe and it turned out great!

Malcolm and loudbang like this.
  13. oldsboy

oldsboy

It's been what seems like years (which it has I'm pretty sure) so I want to get some updates going. I'll be working on getting this thread up to speed I guess you could say.

Here's a quick shot of how the T currently sits. It's seen some travels and is undergoing some updates and much needed attention.

Updates coming soon.

Attached Files:

14. I'm a cabinet builder, so I really enjoyed the pictures and process of your top fabrication. Way cool!!

loudbang likes this.
  15. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looking forward to you detailing the updates and changes over the years.

loudbang likes this.
  16. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

I reread your post this cold morning and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the ride along. Frank

loudbang likes this.
  17. Great build. Your dad would be proud.

loudbang likes this.
  18. Man o man. I had seen the finished car but somehow this thread has eluded me. Just read the whole thing. Pretty awesome. The problem solving reminds me of the time spent building my T touring. LOVE the chop, any less would be lame. and the antisection on the cowl/header is brilliant

NoSurf, Jrs50 and loudbang like this.
  19. MoparBucket

MoparBucket

Hello, I am building a 27 T sedan, starting to make the top wood and would like to pick your brain as to how thick the rails are and many other questions. Thanks

loudbang likes this.
  20. oldsboy

oldsboy

Absolutely, send me a DM or ask away on here, happy to help. Regarding the thickness of the wood I believe we started with 1-1/2" thick slabs of rough cut ash planks. Then planed them down to fit profile. It was a measure and adjust approach to make sure we achieved a continuous profile height around the roof rail.

loudbang and Tim like this.
  21. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Ryan:
    Congrats on the birth of your little girl! (My wife and I have two, both grown; one a gearhead the other a chef)
    Flattie sounds 'healthy'. 5/16 by quarter is a great combo, cam choice was stellar.
    Followed the build, your technique for arresting 'problems' is admirable. The steering 'rack' is well thought out, then I remembered you are an architect. It shows.
    I spot a '27 T turtledeck against the wall... Are we in for another great thread???

22. oldsboy

oldsboy

Thanks Mike!

Man, you've got a good eye...to answer your question, yes. I'm currently working on a '27 model t roadster on deuce frame...it's in the works but time is hard to come by these days.

My hope is to get the chassis finished up this summer then start up another build thread once I have some decent content.

Tim likes this.