Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Copyright Infringement....Stolen Artwork

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ruben Duran, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Hey guys. I was alerted this morning, that someone was using one of my art images, photoshopping them and selling them as his own. I've filed a DMCA claim against him already, but wanted to alert any artist here to check his prints site to see if your work has been stolen as well.
    https://www.huma-store.com/tags/Automobiles

If your work has been stolen, you can file a claim here: https://www.huma-store.com/policies/ip/form
    Thanks everyone.

D type, Dave Mc, quick85 and 6 others like this.
  2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

How on earth did you find out this was happening?

loudbang likes this.
  3. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

A fellow artist on Facebook was alerted to one of his images being used. Upon checking out the site, he recognized my work and contacted me. I needed to pass the info on here to make sure no one else is being ripped off. This con artist is from somewhere in Asia ( Vietnam, I think) by his his name and location.

Hnstray, D type, stillrunners and 2 others like this.
  4. AHotRod

AHotRod

Beautiful Art Ruben

Lil32 and loudbang like this.

5. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Love your work, just incredible. Good luck on your claim.

6. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking to see how this plays out. A photographer friend had some copy right issues a while back with the local Chamber of Commerce using one of his photos. I think in the end he just told them to F off and moved on. Hoping you'll have a better outcome. This is from the web site you referred to in your initial post:

Report a campaign for policy violations.

As a user-generated content platform, we take infringing content concerns seriously and appreciate you taking the time to report a suspected violation. In order to place a formal complaint, please follow the instructions on this page: https://www.huma-store.com/policies/ip/form

7. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Thank you sir

AHotRod, loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Thank you Joe

9. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Thanks man...I’ve had some success in the past with DMCA filings....so, we’ll see bout this one. This guy’s already sold prints through Facebook and a couple of them have posted their disappointment with the low-res print quality.

10. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Wow! Your artwork is really beautiful and meaningful.
    Sad that there are dirt bags who reap rewards they don't deserve.

But, he will get his payback, eventually.

11. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Thanks 19Fordy

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  12. I see those all over FB, cars, skiing, mountainbikes. Looks like they are some foreign counterfitter just pulling up images from the internet and stealing them. Sorry they got you

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Yeah Tman....I’ve seen them as well. Lawyers are now involved, so hopefully I get some resolution quick.

14. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

That shit sucks. A good friend of mine had posted a bunch of Photos he had taken during WW2 as a Group Combat photographer. Damn near everyone he posted can be found on ebay for sale by a puke that lives in Portugal.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  15. 73RR

73RR

Agree with the others...you have some very nice work there!
    Good luck.

Ruben Duran and loudbang like this.
  16. WildWorkz

WildWorkz

Fingers crossed for you. Your art is beautiful. Had a good friend this happened to and unfortunately everytime he was able to shut one guy down another lowlife started back up. He has been battling these crooks and eBay for years. Hopefully yours gets resolved fast and stays that way.

17. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, @Ruben Duran on the HAMB. Truly a master of Fine Art. How fortunate for us that he's chosen Traditional Hot Rods as one of his genre:) Just an amazing artist.
    Sorry to hear about your "ripped off" art work. I hope it gets resolved soon.

Back in the '80s, a T-Shirt Co. that did shirts for a lot of the major car shows, ripped off one of my illustrations (below) and had it listed in their catalog.
    I called and got ahold of their art director, ready to jump down his throat and give him holy hell and he says
    "Oh, you're Jack Murphy? Do you have anymore artwork you'd like to sell" HUH? WHAT?
    Well, they paid me for the illustration and bought another $7500 more! That was a lot of $ for a guy, fresh out of college and didn't have a pot to piss in:) us2.jpg

Hnstray, stanlow69, Lil32 and 13 others like this.
  18. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad you caught them Reuben.

We miss you on the Friday Art Show.

Ruben Duran likes this.
  19. Hope this works out for you, it’s just to dank easy now a days to scam people.

Wasn’t @Ryan looking for some swap meet Weiner a while back that was selling fake HAMB stickers ?

I knew a guy some years ago that owned a high end clothing store ( $500 buck blue jeans and $1000 dollar shirts etc for the yuppie gold chain market )
    Anyways he found black market knock offs and was selling them in his store as the real deal. ....... made some great money for 2-3 years.
    Got caught, went broke due to legal issues, went to jail for a bit, probation for a long while.
    Last I heard he’s still living in his parents basement .

this kind of stuff sucks.
    Good luck it gets settled quick and in your favour .

chryslerfan55 and Ruben Duran like this.
  20. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope you can shut them down. If lawyers are involved maybe your action will have more teeth.
    Go get 'em! :mad:
    As an aside, while doing a quick scan of the offender's website I found a poster with this image of Don Prudhomme's "Super Snake" dragster. @Curt Six might know if it was one taken for the feature in TRJ #72, or if it was the original Car Craft photo taken by photographer Bob Swaim. (I recognized that photo because I have an original Car Craft Action Showcase framed and hanging on my wall and a copy of TRJ #72 on my shelf...) Either way, it's illegally copied like everything else on that site and the crook using it needs to pay.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Ebay has a "Theft of Art" claim that can be filed. Most of the time they just shut the seller down, but in a month or so they'll pop up again. Definitely sucks.

22. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Thank you sir.

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  23. If they are overseas you are pretty much fucked

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  24. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

It can feel futile sometimes, but I'm persistent.

25. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Now that's what I'm talking about! Turning a negative into a positive!
    Thank you for the kind comments, btw.

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  26. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

The seller most likely is oversees, but the prints website/store is headquartered in Indianapolis.

27. An ad just popped up on FB, I left a comment telling the folks posting that it was stolen artwork!

28. lothiandon1940 and Ruben Duran like this.
  29. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Yup, recognized that image too. I know of one other claim that’s been filed already.