Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Shipping to Finland....HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevsotolac, Jan 21, 2021.

1. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

I have some rear quarter stainless trim to ship to Finland but USPS says it is too long.....anybody have some contacts that can help us out.....82x5x5....

2. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some years ago I sold a pair of NOS fenders and hood for a '40 Ford big truck to a guy in Norway. He had a shop in PA that regularly shipped auto/hot rod parts in a container to Norway. I don't have any details but the guy is
    camaronisse over on the Ford Truck Enthusiast Forum (FTE) This is a link to his build thread:
    https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1607407-my-long-lasting-40-project.html
    You might try sending him a PM and ask who he used. Norway isn't Finland but is a lot closer than Bethlehem is to Finland. Just a thought.

3. Rckt98

Rckt98

Check with the purchaser, he is bound to have a shipping contact in the States. It is easier for us to get items sent to a freight fowarder (usually in LA) who puts everything together in a container.

4. https://finn-us.com/en

Your buyer just creates free account with these guys and you ship to their terminal in Houston or LA. Easy enough.

Beanscoot likes this.

5. 82 inches sure is pushing it. Thats 210 cm. Did you put it in a plastic pipe ? Can we have a guess what it,s from ? Must be a big twodoor .

6. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

57 Pontiac 2 dr rear qt. spears....shipping in a heavy cardboard tube for safe shipping....