Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Battery Cores

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blowby, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

LOL! That is fucking priceless.....

Truck64 likes this.
  2. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've worked at o'Reilly for 15 years so here's the deal. Buy a new battery $18.00 core charge on automotive size. You can bring in up to five old automotive batteries a day and get $10 for each one on a gift card. If you have smaller batteries like lawnmower or motorcycle size we will recycle them for you but you don't get any payment.

blowby likes this.
  3. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

I remember when I was a kid that I and another kid took some display auto battery's (just the case nothing inside) that the local hardware store was throwing out to the salvage/recycle yard and got 2 dollars each. I later saw the man from the salvage/recycle yard at a store when I was with my Mom. The guy starting yelling at me right in front of my Mom. Mom did not say anything until we got in the car and she asked, "what was that all about?" I replied, "beats me" and that is how far that conservation went. Good thing that she did not tell my Pop, because he would know we pulled.

Truck64 likes this.
  4. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Just bought a new battery this week and they charge a $15 core if I didn't bring in a core. So $10 credit is not a good deal. Especially since it's not like cash and can only be spent at that chain.

5. I work at a TV station. We moved out of our old building several years ago and there were 9 old auto batteries on the the top floor in the transmitter room that were going to be tossed. They had previously been used as computer back-up power supplies. I took them to a metal scrap yard and got $12 for each one.

6. topher5150

topher5150

Place I used to work at was across the street from a scrap yard and we had crack heads stealing truck batteries and car batteries to the point the scrap yard put in a security cam aimed at the building and had us on speed dial
    Sent from my moto z4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  7. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

LOL!! That is even more fv&@$ing priceless!

8. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Wow, the battery rebuild video from Pakistan(?) is great. And notice he's wearing his good clothes, with nary an acid burn hole in them.

The part that most made me squeamish was using the burning, melting plastic to reseal the case. Who hasn't dripped burning, melting plastic onto some part of his body as a kid?

9. 5window

5window

What exactly do you mean by "as a kid"? :)

Budget36 and seb fontana like this.
  10. jhexide

jhexide
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

most likely his clothes are polyester(aka)...
    that what are uniforms were made of when i hauled batterys

11. trollst

trollst

Well, that video demonstrates why we should all buy electric cars, cause.....we don't make or refurbish the batteries. Poor slob only made pennies working that hard. Pretty efficient guy though.

egads likes this.