Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects And So It Begins

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Piewagn, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks Fish! I appreciate everyone following along and providing motivation!

loudbang likes this.
  2. Piewagn

Piewagn

Tweaked the deck gaps a little more....I’m done aside from filler work....I’ll lose my frigging mind if I don’t move on from this! For some reason, the opening was “hour glassed” if you get my drift....but this is where I have to focus on other things. I’ll never get it perfect and I’ve accepted that otherwise I’d never get anything else accomplished.....thanks for hangin’ out fellas! IMG_0678.JPG IMG_0679.JPG IMG_0680.JPG IMG_0674.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. Piewagn

Piewagn

Apparently, roadster subrails are a little different than the coupe. I lined up the wheel well recess and came up short on the backside....
    No biggie since I paid practically nothing for these...made my extensions and the coupe is just about ready to accept these....happy weekend fellas! IMG_0692.JPG IMG_0693.JPG IMG_0694.JPG

4. Osoty

Osoty
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been enjoying your build and look forward to the updates. Keep at it. The red dykem on the tail lights is a genius idea

loudbang likes this.
  5. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks Osoty! It just dawned on me to give it a try....and what's good about it, the solvent actually etches into the plastic with the red and gives it some permanence.....thanks for hangin' out, I'm gettin' there!

oliver westlund and loudbang like this.
  6. sylfkcalb

sylfkcalb

Rock N Roll! keep it up!

loudbang likes this.
  7. Piewagn

Piewagn

Yes Sir! Hoping to have the subrails done midweek....last big hurdle!

loudbang likes this.
  8. Piewagn

Piewagn

Got my extensions done .....just gotta grind the welds down and they’re ready to go in! I ordered the inner panel for the lower deck and I already have those little alignment disks. Damn.... I really really need to get these done so I can move on to the bodywork! Thanks for stoppin’ by fellas! IMG_0698.JPG IMG_0703.JPG IMG_0701.JPG IMG_0699.JPG IMG_0704.JPG

oliver westlund, brEad and loudbang like this.
  9. Piewagn

Piewagn

Progress! Yay!!! I’ve got the subrails tacked in place, things adjusted and ready to weld them up....and the deck STILL LINES UP....woo hoo!I’ll finish the welding tomorrow.....once I get past this, I can start rollin’! Thanks fellas!! IMG_0707.JPG IMG_0706.JPG IMG_0710.JPG IMG_0709.JPG IMG_0708.JPG

10. greaser

greaser

Looks like you're already Rollin'! Great job!

Piewagn and loudbang like this.
  11. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks grease! I'm excited to finally getting this portion done.....just have some welding to finish up and I can move on to the filler work....thanks for stoppin' by!

12. Looking good from here!

Piewagn and loudbang like this.
  13. Piewagn

Piewagn

A little more progress....I’m anxious to get started on the filler work! Soon I’m hoping....thanks for stoppin’ by fellas! IMG_0719.JPG IMG_0720.JPG IMG_0721.JPG

14. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks! Still need some minor adjustments and I want to hang the doors before I do all the final welding......

loudbang likes this.
  15. OverThePond

OverThePond
    from London, UK

I just read most of this thread, so jealous of this gorgeous car. It's really tough to build a traditional rod in England because we just don't have the parts but I'll do it one day!

Piewagn likes this.
  16. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thank you very much kind Sir!! Keep the faith! Start gathering things when you can. I don't know if you've run into Mart here on the HAMB, but he's over there with you guys. Maybe he can steer you in the right direction to get you on your way! It's been a long time coming for me to get things together for this coupe build and it finally fell in place. Don't be discouraged, it'll happen if you want it bad enough!

loudbang likes this.
  17. Piewagn

Piewagn

Made a hinge pin that was missing....
    Unrelated is the fact that the doors were sagging like a 90 year old woman with her titties to her knees! I was EXTREMELY agitated and didn’t even want to LOOK at this thing today! But, I stewed on it last night and tried something at break time.

Well, my idea worked! Not sure if you guys know that I’ve converted a Tudor Sedan subframe to work with a coupe body....first time! I was extremely distraught yesterday when the top rear of both doors had gigantic gaps and weren’t CLOSE to closing! Got things sorted and I’m a happy friggin’ camper! Thanks for stoppin’ in everyone!!

drdave, simplestone, Aaron D. and 5 others like this.
  18. Those close great and look great, too!

loudbang likes this.
  19. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks bread......other than being dirty and only very minor rust at the bottom, these doors great! As far as I'm concerned, getting the doors on and closing nice is another milestone in this build....I'm getting close to the "gravy".....:D

loudbang and brEad like this.
  20. Piewagn

Piewagn

Got one of my quarter ends installed tonight....I hot these from Holland’s and I gotta tell ya...waaaaay better and less expensive than the others that are out there! I have no relationship with them, just giving them a shout out for a quality product. More soon! IMG_0788.JPG IMG_0789.JPG IMG_0790.JPG IMG_0793.JPG IMG_0794.JPG

21. loudbang

loudbang

Good to see some parts finally live up to their billing. :rolleyes:

So Cal Brian B and Piewagn like this.
  22. Piewagn

Piewagn

Got the other side done.... I still have the door bottoms and lower cowl patches with some attention to the rear wheel wells....every day is a little more progress....thanks for stickin’ with me fellas, it’s greatly appreciated! IMG_0801.JPG IMG_0800.JPG

23. Piewagn

Piewagn

I bumbled upon these on ebay and they looked good. They're less expensive than the others and have very defined lines. I knew I had to cut the others off. I checked their web site and they've got some good looking patches. Definitely quality pieces. Thanks for stoppin' by LB!

loudbang likes this.
  24. Those corners came out really nice! So many of those parts are only the suggestion of what you want for a replacement.

loudbang likes this.
  25. Piewagn

Piewagn

Started lower cowl patches.....movin’ along....thanks fellas!! IMG_0808.JPG IMG_0809.JPG IMG_0810.JPG IMG_0813.JPG IMG_0811.JPG IMG_0812.JPG

26. Piewagn

Piewagn

I know! I was very impressed once I got them in my hands....very defined lines!

loudbang likes this.
  27. loudbang

loudbang

What is this magnet from?

1c_LI.jpg

28. Who's Hollands? How about a link to the ebay sale? Thanks.

loudbang likes this.
  29. Piewagn

Piewagn

It’s Howell’s Rich.... I was mistaken and I just now came here to correct it....ket me get that link for you...be right back!

RICH B likes this.
  30. Piewagn

Piewagn

RICH B likes this.