Register now to get rid of these ads!

Build thread for this?

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by MangoSmoothie356, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Hi folks,

I am new to the American iron scene, but not new to building cars. I wanted one of these AD trucks for a while and had recently finished building a VW bus and was looking for another project.

I decide to create this thread to post progress and ask questions about things that are new to me.

I created a build thread in the traditional forum, but it was deleted as I have installed IFS, etc. I've done quite a bit of suspension research and found lots of JJ threads with IFS, etc, so i think i just posted in the wrong forum??

Can i post a build thread for my '49 original paint Chevy 3100 5 window here? resto-mod with 1957 Pontiac 261 straight 6, IFS, power brakes, heated seats, air suspension, etc.

Looking forward to sharing! :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  2. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Welcome from Indiana. Sorry but this is the Introduce Yourself forum where you can tell about your background and interest (thou some only talk about their rides). More importantly this entire site is ‘65 and older traditional and customs. No IFS, bags, electronic fuel injection, etc. Probably might want to read the rules. I’m sure someone will post them here soon. Plenty of other sites for your OT (off topic) mods. No need to run off thou as traditional is cool w flatheads, multi-carbs, pie crust slicks and my favorite Junior Stockers just to name a few. Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. You are welcome here. You need to stay away from photographing or discussing modifications that were not typical of the pre 1965 era. That includes ifs on older rods as well as other restomod stuff.
    Hope this helps. Welcome from Illinois.

4. lothiandon1940 and 210superair like this.

5. I've read the guidelines, but i've also seen lots of other JJ threads with very explicit build pictures (IFS/air, etc). o_O

sounds like this may not be the forum for me.:(

6. I've also seen lots of pictures of and threads with IFS and air disappear.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Larry Goebel

Larry Goebel
    from michigan

Welcome to the site.

8. SR100

SR100

The Traditional forum is for rides built the way they built them back in the day. Bags/IFS will get deleted there. The threads you saw are either old (the rules were tightened up several years ago) or in the main forum. Ryan laid out what he was thinking about bags here.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. Yes, but when you start a new thread you can put it under several sub boards. Traditional Customs and Traditional Hot Rods are much more strictly policed. You want the general board, otherwise known as the main board or forum. Even so, it is policed too.