Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Look what showed up in my mailbox after about 8 years !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1934calkid, Jan 18, 2021.

1. This showed up in my mailbox this morning after being lost for about 8 or so years, can anyone id this Skull hood ornament ???

Attached Files:

swade41, chryslerfan55, Tim and 4 others like this.
  2. I think I can.

Looks like Esther, son of brother Dick. Used to live on the hill, played ice skating and roller derby. Died last week, the whole family died.

I cannot ID it but I do know that lots of weird stuff (no offense intended) like that was sold in the backs of the old car magazines or JC Whitney back in the '50s and '60s. I like it but well I like weird. ;)

Hope someone can help.

Stogy, Stock Racer, scotty t and 4 others like this.
  3. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Its either primitive aftermarket or high school metal shop. Isky had one on his T roadster way back. I had one a few years ago that brought shocking money on an internet auction. Pretty cool...id say it was definitely a pre war design...

4. Moondog13

Moondog13

Dude that thing is awesome! I’m not one for skull stuff but I’d own that.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy, VANDENPLAS and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. Its old, i actually sold it a long time ago to a guy out on the east coast and it disappeared, i was so suprised to see it this morning....lololololol

6. Thats funny

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  7. Must have been on an island with Tom Hanks?

bob b., VANDENPLAS, stanlow69 and 4 others like this.
  8. Hahahaha..........

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  9. Budget36

Budget36

I’d like to see the tracking history of the package;)

10. These are common metal shop casting projects from the 50-60’s. Is there is no hallmark on it May be made in a shop. I think there was a question link on these years ago.

here is the original post. I saw one at Pomona and didn’t wheel and deal enough to get it.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/skull-hood-ornament.191557/

another. https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...40-skull-hood-ornament-like-edelbrock.995258/

more
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...score-flying-skull-hood-ornament-isky.606678/

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    VANDENPLAS, chryslerfan55 and LAROKE like this.
  11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

About the only thing positive I got is it's good to see the USPS is getting back on track.

12. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I clicked on this just to see if it was something I sent out... Pretty neat ornament! I'd have it looking out the rear window!

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  13. Canon city colorado ??? Do you know vaughn and mary chamberlain ???

VANDENPLAS and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. Its going on my 34 coupe.......lol

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  15. friend : "hey Bill, where did the hood ornament go that was on your truck?"
    Bill the postman:" I wanted something else so I sent it back"

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When they moved the conveyor belt setup away from the wall where it had been for 40 years and found the stuff that had fallen behind it.
    Years ago I knew a guy who had been drafted after the people at the local draft board found his draft papers behind a file cabinet when they were moving stuff to paint the walls. He was in his mid 20's and thought they had just passed him by. When he went in and asked why they had drafted him so late that is what they told him.

17. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bore some tiny holes in those eyes, get some super bright red LED's, and wire them dual intensity to work with your tail lights/turn signals.

18. It’s off a dodge :D
    Well........ YOU asked !

hahahahaha

19. Its not off any old stinking Dodge......

VANDENPLAS likes this.