Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Another 54 Chevy 210- 4 Door Budget Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EnragedHawk, Jul 27, 2020.

1. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Wasn’t much, but I got a little done with the brake pedal assembly. I’m using the removable panel as a template for right now. I’ll use something more study once I’m done mocking stuff up. Still not sure how I want to support the cab portion of the pedal. I’ve got a few ideas. Gonna be trial and error. The pedal sits WAY too high right now. I’ll have to cut and extend it once I’ve got everything else where I want it.

IMG_6693.JPG
    IMG_6694.JPG
    IMG_6695.JPG
    IMG_6696.JPG
    IMG_6696.JPG

I don’t think it’s bad for $40. Still a lot to do on it.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Matt55folife likes this.
  2. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Got my mounting plate finished up. Still need to support the pedal assembly from inside and also lengthen the pedal.

So, major question. How can I tel which part of the MC is front and which is rear? I’ve done some reading, and there seem to be both kinds. My larger line is on the front of the MC, so I’m assuming that should go to the rear. Any ideas?

IMG_6759.JPG
    IMG_6761.JPG
    IMG_6762.JPG
    IMG_6834.JPG
    IMG_6836.JPG
    IMG_6837.JPG

3. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

One small step at a time.

Not much to show, but here’s another little update.

It’s ugly as they come, but I made a support bracket for the brake assembly. Next time it comes out, maybe I’ll take the time to grind on it and smooth it out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It does the job at least, and really well. The whole assembly is very firm.

I ordered brake lines last week from Amazon and they never came in. I’ll order new ones again and start running new lines. Once the brake lines are done, it’ll be time to put in a new clutch and throw the engine back in.

The column shifter was complete frozen together, so I took it apart and freed it up. Works great now. Also got the parking brake freed up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Finally threw away the shot-to-hell door panels that came with the car. I decided to save the trim from them. No idea if they hold any value, but it would be cool to use them again. Threw them on the wall for safe keeping.
    [​IMG]

And finally, I played with the gauge cluster and lit it up just for fun. Sure looks cool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

This won’t be much of an update, but here’s what I’ve got.

Brake lines are run, new brake hoses are on, and I put new wheel cylinders on. Unfortunately, my MC is for front disc, rear drum. I can’t get it to engage one set of drums. I’m sure this comes as no surprise to anyone but me.

Anyway, anyone know of a dual MC strictly for brake drums that’s cheap? I need it to match my booster.
    IMG_8929.JPG

Also, I finally got a new clutch and put the trans back on the engine. Gonna put the engine back in this weekend hopefully.

IMG_8960.JPG

I’m going to try and keep this update over the next few months. I’m about to be out for summer break (teacher). The goal is to have the car running/driving and then sell it. I’ve had a lot of fun with this car already, but I want to spend more time on my Olds.

Matt55folife likes this.
  5. FRANK GRELLE

FRANK GRELLE

Keep up the good work man!

6. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Engine/trans are back in. Shifter linkage is all hooked and and seems to work fine. Replaced the intake/exhaust gasket. Carb is bolted down. Need to take care of a few more details then I can hopefully start it up!

Attached Files:

7. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Well, things have been going pretty good, but hit a major snag today.

I’ve got a key wires up, engine starts and runs great. I haven’t run it more than 20-30 seconds at a time since I had no cooling system setup.

That’s the new problem. I threw the radiator in today and leaks like a sieve.
    IMG_9551.JPG

My goal is just to have it run, and then sell it. Maybe I should just list it now, but I really wanted to be able to drive it to a local show at least. With a major leak, I’ll never make it. I can eBay a radiator for $150, but I hate to keep dropping money on it. Does anyone know of a junkyard radiator that might fit? Think it might be worth taking to a radiator shop and see if they can patch it?

IMG_9552.JPG