Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Is this your kitchen?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rusty Heaps, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Budget36

Budget36

My mom let me put the grill for my ‘57 PU together in the front room when I was a kid. Of course it just came back from the chrome shop, so she didn’t have an issue with it.

stanlow69 and mad mikey like this.
  2. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

No in house parts, my housekeeper wouldn't allow it..

mad mikey likes this.
  3. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I've rebuilt carbs in the kitchen but never had this mess.

4. 6sally6

6sally6

Sounds like a submarine sailor!!
    6sally6

Flathead Dave likes this.
  5. When was single I had a 55 nomad interior in my bedroom and a 409 dual quad intake and carbs as a center piece on the coffee table next to the ketchup and salt and pepper shakers. Right now the back seat to my 56 Belair is in the spare bedroom.

alanp561 and mad mikey like this.
  6. indyjps

indyjps

Kitchen no, finished basement has new parts storage.
    When my wife questions it, I remind her its a few thousand bucks sitting there, Id rather keep that inside and keep the rubbermaid with about $20 of contents somewhere else.

alanp561 and mad mikey like this.
  7. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

I had just parted several OT GTOs out when I lived in an apartment with my first wife. Had a pair of ‘69 black bucket seats in the living room (built nice frames for them). They were always the first seats taken when friends or family came over. My wife and I watched a lot of hockey and football sitting in them...Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

alanp561, mad mikey and 302GMC like this.
  8. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Had a laugh at your kitchen photo. I only have a can of bondo on the counter now. I was cleaning a door panel there this morning.

Sandgroper likes this.
  9. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A "buddy" charged you a five spot for cleaning a carb? I've never met you and I wouldn't charge you a cent.

10. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

My problem is the living room. Freshly machined parts brought home during a stint at the machine shop have to be protected. Running out of room behind the furniture ....

54EARL, alanp561 and mad mikey like this.
  11. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

I have a bumper under my bed, had it rechromed and did not want it banging around the garage. Who knew it would be there for 20 years, must be dusty by now.

mad mikey, Budget36 and alanp561 like this.
  12. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I've had a few small parts in the house over the years, mostly stuff I didn't want to walk off. Have rebuilt a carb or three at the kitchen table, with suitable protection over the table. Never any large stuff though, just not enough room for it.

13. Have a picture of my brothers MC 91A he bought new in the 60's on my kitchen table after I rebuilt it in the late 1980's after we sold it in the 70's some where.

14. badshifter

badshifter

IMG_4453.JPG
    @HOTRODPRIMER

So you won't mess up your own kitchen but you hang out at Rusty Heaps place......

Rusty Heaps likes this.
  15. ....no I am not married.
    My bedroom is filled with carburetors and engine parts for a 215 Oldsmobile, my bedroom closet is filled with tires and tools. My kitchen table is my assembly room and my dishwasher is filled with drying carburetors. A couple of intake manifolds reside in my living room in boxes. I have a two car garage that has my 47 Ford cargo truck (handmade) and my power tools, aathe, three compressors, blast cabinet and other parts for my 63 T-bird radical custom.I can still walk around my 47... The (theBird) is on a trailer in the backyard.

16. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

No..... Yes, my wife lets me tinker with some stuff in the house, but I have a designated room in the basement for it. Never "HER" kitchen. And, what she spent on her kitchen when we built it there is not only a "NO" but a "HELL NO" involved. Mostly only do upholstery work inside, not in the shop. Cleaner and I can leave it laid out and don't have to put it away when I'm not working on it to do other stuff like I would if it was in the shop.

Budget36 likes this.
  17. j hansen

j hansen

Well......I got this one. IMG_9472.jpeg

18. moparboy440

moparboy440
    from Finland

19. Michael Ottavi

Michael Ottavi

At least the plant on the floor looks like you water it........

mad mikey likes this.
  20. My main two interests are cars and real estate.
    I don't put cars/parts in my house, and I don't put carpets in my shop.
    When I'm done working in the shop, I want a completely different vibe/back drop to unwind while in my house.
    As most everything in life.."To each their own"..unless/until it adversely affects me.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  21. Nah. Has his fruit bowl.

Ben

mad mikey and Rusty Heaps like this.
  22. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

LOL, that'd definitely be a death sentence!! Shop rags get washed in town at the laundry mat also. Did that once at home.....never again. Almost cost me a new washing machine over a little oil/grease.

23. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a large detached garage for my stuff. No parts inside by executive decree.

I did get kicked out of an apartment complex once. It was turning cold and I needed a place to keep my Bultaco Pursang 250 for the winter. My buddy did not show up as scheduled so I decided to simply ride it up the stairs to store in the living room. The problem was that the apartment had inside hallways and smoke lingered for a while. Well, that and the noise.

The next day I was looking for a place to store my dirt bike and the rest of my meager belongings.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    mad mikey likes this.
  24. Great Stove, wash the hand towels and you'll have the perfect kitchen.

mad mikey and Rusty Heaps like this.
  25. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

[QUOTE="alanp561, post: 13905367, member: 307390"I lived in a two room apartment in the back of a guy's garage. My kitchen was wall to wall Harley Davidson, the bedroom was wall to wall bed and the bathroom shower was full of Harley parts. Made it easier to Gunk the greasy stuff in the shower. ;)[/QUOTE]
    I have already been there, done that. I had a ‘72 iron head Sportster project that lived in the house for over 20 years!

High test 63 likes this.
  26. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

That’s a family heirloom. It was my great grandmother’s stove.

27. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No car parts in the house for me...well other than under my pool table in the Pint & Piston (my bar). I needed a place to keep the bed wood warm, dry and flat until it is time to install in the PU.
    upload_2021-1-17_11-34-16.png

Rolleiflex, Moriarity and mad mikey like this.
  28. High test 63

High test 63

Ha ha! I always thought a good t-shirt design would say: iron head sportster, "keeping dirt bags off the street since 1957". ! Ask me how i know!

29. 34Larry

34Larry

I mentioned my OT "66 Rivi GS 425 build in the kitchen. Of course I meant cleaning, painting, piecing together parts and such, the block was in the car, and the car was in the carpeted rec. room. The owner of the house before me converted the attached garage into a rec. (recreation room) with pool table, plush carpeting, and all. The garage door was left on the house in an effort he said to avoid more taxes. (Don't know if that worked or not.) I had three daughters so I made a 4th bedroom out of it. When #1 wife had her fill of my self centered, selfish ways and split, and two of my girls left home with husbands, the rec room once again became that, (#3 daughter was still in school living with me.)
    So when I found the Rivi. which was close to being a #1 survivor car and having that rec. room available with the garage door available, out came that door and replaced with a new one. Consequently I had a carpeted and white ash paneled single car garage to rebuild it into a show winner. Really nice to lay on your back on soft carpeted concrete, with baseboard heat in the winter months doing a rebuild. I can relate entirely to cleaning parts in the kitchen sink, painting parts and putting them in the oven for drying faster, rebuilding the dual carbs and mounting them on the freshly painted intake on the kitchen dinning table.
    #2 wife helped me convert that rec.room/rebuild shop, into more living space and build a 18' X 44' double car garage/shop out back where I rebuilt my '34.

302GMC, Budget36 and alanp561 like this.
  30. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In the KITCHEN????o_O:rolleyes:

mad mikey likes this.