Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects KIWI MADE 1927 T Lakes modified - Journey to the end of the road!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodbox, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Does " She Indoors " go with you to the Nationals or you fly solo ? I think Bay Rodders will put on a damn excellent event so hope the Labour weekend weather is fine for everybody.
    I think you have the NZHRA AGM at that time too so hope that goes well also.

2. woodbox

woodbox

Yeah, Nah! She indoors just doesn't get the whole hot rodding thing! Especially with no roof or windows. I managed to get her to go to the local rodders breakfast..........once! The kids generally fight over whos turn it is. Generally long distance runs are better on my own. Hopefully the coupe will be a different story.
    Yes I have an AGM and then our normal general meeting following that, so I will be there for 2 extra days. Really looking forward to another road trip and a week away with a bunch of rodders. It is a good idea to combine our meetings with a major event like this one, it cuts down on travel and accomodation costs for everyone too.
    I washed the car today! First time in a long while......since the photo shoot actually! We lost a mate here last week and his funeral is Thursday, so I thought I better put in a bit of effort.

loudbang likes this.
  3. daddio211

daddio211

Happy birthday Wade!

volvobrynk, woodbox and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  4. And a BIG happy birthday from the bottom of the top Island.:D:D JW

daddio211, volvobrynk and woodbox like this.
  5. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Happy birthday from around the world.

woodbox, 26 T Ford RPU and daddio211 like this.
  6. woodbox

woodbox

One week out from the street rod nationals and I have been trying to sort out an issue on the speedo. Occasionally it stops working. I have been through it a couple of times, which is a pain due to the need to remove the bellypan, so far it appears to be a converter that I installed in line because my kph speedo was reading in mph without it. In the interim I will run without it. I still get a reading. ....it's just in mph so I will convert in my head!
    I plan to go over everything else for a check on the weekend. Then I will need to dig out the tent and pack a bag.

daddio211 and KiwiGlen like this.
  7. woodbox

woodbox

I sorted the speedo problem. I have a 90 deg drive coming out of the back of the gearbox. The small piece of speedo cable that drove that was only just engaging and occasionally would move enough to not drive. I pulled the 90 deg drive apart and brazed the cable end into the shaft and put it all back together. long story-short it works again. I don't like driving without some sort of indication of speed, too many speeding infringements!
    The car is all packed for the road trip tomorrow. 500 mile round trip. I will be travelling with about 15 people from around here. The weather looks like it will play ball too! I will try and post pictures on here. Stay tuned!

8. Have a safe trip Wade. The weather hopefully will be great over both Islands this weekend, as we have our annual motorcycle street racing.

9. Have a safe and infringement free trip, Wade. Look forward to those pics (lots of pics). :cool::D JW

kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  10. woodbox

woodbox

11. woodbox

woodbox

The car ran like a clock! I was using half the gas that all the crew I was traveling with were! Very low frontal area, tall gears, small engine capacity.........almost makes up for getting soaked every time it rains!
    I have been told to fit a chopper flag, on an 8 foot pole, to the car so everyone following me don't keep losing sight of me in traffic! We had a great trip home on Tuesday night after a few NZHRA meetings, barely slowed all the way home. Back to work tonight. I have even been doing some work on the coupe for the last couple of days.

loudbang and daddio211 like this.
  12. Part Timer

Part Timer

Hi Wade, just found this thread a couple days ago. Great build! Bump.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

13. woodbox

woodbox

No worries 'part timer'.

14. woodbox

woodbox

Bumpitty Bumpitty bump!

15. woodbox

woodbox

At the nostalgia drags and club champs for the weekend pre covid.
    IMG_20210402_183926.jpg IMG_20210403_090754.jpg IMG_20210403_090822.jpg
    Lined up in the staging lanes at the drags.
    I had swapped the qc ratio to shorter legs for the weekend. Much more responsive and even managed to do a burnout!
    IMG_20210129_135641.jpg
    First time broken on the roadside in 8 years of road trip pin! Cooked the holley red fuel pump. Had a new one ordered before the truck arrived!
    IMG_20210129_140823.jpg

Stogy, Kume, 340HilbornDuster and 2 others like this.
  16. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Your car is one of my favorite HAMB builds.

Stogy and woodbox like this.
  17. woodbox

woodbox

Cheers mate.

Stogy likes this.
  18. Just spent the afternoon digging thru this very cool thread as inspiration for something I have in the works!

woodbox likes this.
  19. woodbox

woodbox

IMG_20231028_141900.jpg
    Getting the roadster ready for a bit of summer motoring, I found some heater hose delete blanks. Better this than....... IMG_20231028_141910.jpg
    ...... what I have been running since I blew the old one to bits.
    Now I just need to update the insurance details and put some fresh gas in the tank. It is hard to believe that this car has been done for 10 years now! That means it has been nearly 20 years since I started building it!

20. Cool. Hopefully I'll get to see it at the next rodders breakfast in town... assuming the weather's good of course. :rolleyes:

Glen.

Stogy and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  21. Would be keen to see you at the Nats in Feb

22. Kume

Kume

what are the 'Nats' in February?

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow I started reading though the whole thread again and just finished now after seeing it at the top of the stack after Glen posted yesterday. That is what it is all about, building a car that is just flat fun to drive.

Stogy likes this.
  24. T Bucket Nationals 1-4 Feb 2024, in Hastings, info on facebook, T Bucket enthusiasts NZ

25. Kume

Kume

Thanks Kiwirodder. I am looking for a first event to take my roadster to but I dont think it qualifies as a T Bucket. It may have to be Kumeu.

26. I don't class mine as a Bucket but the Nationals are for all T's from 27 down to fairly early, Sedans, Coupes, Roadsters, RPU's etc. JW

OFT, Stogy and KiwiGlen like this.
  27. woodbox

woodbox

Out in the sun for the first time in a few years. Time to wash off all the workshop crap and dust. IMG_20231106_103207.jpg IMG_20231106_103151.jpg

Tim_with_a_T, OFT, Kume and 4 others like this.
  28. woodbox

woodbox

29. Still looks as stunning as when i saw it nearly ten years ago.:cool::) JW

Stogy likes this.
  30. woodbox

woodbox

I threw a new set of spark plugs at it too. That made a huge difference to the tune....... Until I ran it out of gas! At least it was only in the shed!

OFT, Stogy and 26 T Ford RPU like this.