Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Two deals in one week... things definitely changing for me... and others!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hamtown Al, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

^^^Oh yeah. I've made a lot of progress but 'ole Jack had plenty of green!:D
    I had to stop the de-greening in order to get it over to the pipe magician.;)
    I'll resume my efforts when the car gets back but it is the kind of thing that I work on in stages... clean awhile, do something else, then come back later... maybe with something new or a different technique.;)
    I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't keep a light green tint in some places!!:eek::D:D

lothiandon1940 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  2. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Pictures or it didn't happen.png

3. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sure sounds like you guys (Al, Don, Dick) are ganging up on me.:(

The main reason I haven't add any pics is because there is nothing to take pic of. Most of the changes are mechanical/electrical ...leaving the car looking almost exactly the same as when it left Al's place. Nothing worth photographing.

I promise I WILL do some pics once I get it into Ronny's shop and start making visual changes.

Al, Because of the spare tire carrier, I've decided to keep the rumble lid set up. With a trunk, I would either have to stand the spare up at an odd angle (like Ford did)...or slide it way down the tail panel (which looks stupid). :eek: Form over function I guess:D

4. ......................We kid because we care.:D;)

hotrodjack33 and Hamtown Al like this.
  5. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

hotrodjack33 and Hamtown Al like this.
  6. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Stay tuned... I'm picking up the sedan delivery later today from the magic pipe shop.;)

kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

IMG_5290.JPG
    IMG_5291.JPG IMG_5292.JPG IMG_5293.JPG IMG_5294.JPG IMG_5295.JPG I'm pleased to report that my pipe magician did his usual outstanding job on my car.:)He ran 2.5" what he called the new stainless pipes that come on most of the new cars today from the headers down to the mufflers. Then he ran 2.5" pipes on out the back an painted them black... you have to look to see them!:D
    He also repaired the floor where the old battery box was and built a new mount that tilts the battery slightly to the rear so that it will clear the back of the passenger seat.;)
    He also cut out the old emergency brake floor area and repaired it and installed the new emergency brake handle that actually works!;):D:D He also touched up a very slight crack that was forming on one header. I'm very pleased.
    Now to get it on the lift and hook up the new electric gas gauge... now I can retire Jack's new gas gauges that came with the car... both yardsticks!!:D:D
    I'll get a picture of the underside later.
    Anybody looking for a really nice 32 sedan delivery?!:D:D
    Happy Al
    PS It sounds great!!

hotrodjack33 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

No pictures yet but I reinstalled the upholstery panels in the back and they all still fit!!:D
    Car on the lift because hope to get new wire run to that new fangled electric fuel gauge later today.:D:D

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Wish I had a lift. :( :D
    Wish I had a garage big and tall enough for a lift :( :D
    Oh well God willing I will be able to swing that when I move into retirement. :cool:

10. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Al,
    You da man :D! ! ! What a great job you are doing improving some of my "questionable" items on the lil' Ford:oops:. It was always a great car for me, and it's reassuring to know that it will be an even greater car for the "next guy". For that, I thank you.
    Happy Jack:D

That 302 was always a sweet sounding engine...I imagine it sounds amazing with 2-1/2" pipes. What kind of mufflers did you use? I am surprised you didn't throw a 45 degree angle on the end of the pipes, to eliminate the occasional exhaust fumes coming in the rear door (thus letting the turbulence of the rear tires vacate the exhaust) Just a thought...something I had considered doing.

Was going to ask for the "high tech" gas gauges back if you aren't going to use them...but I just picked up a couple "extras" at Lowes;):D

And, had to look long and hard for any trace of remaining green...thank god for the hubcaps:D:D:D

Once again, GREAT WORK.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    Hamtown Al and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. I have a shop tall enough and big enough but am lacking a cement floor and insulation and heat...

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Hamtown Al, hotrodjack33 and Blue One like this.
  12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Nice of you to remind him, I'm sure a little oven cleaner would take care of that problem :D

Hamtown Al and hotrodjack33 like this.
  13. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OH CRAP:oops::eek:

14. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

IMG_5308.JPG We now can tell the fuel level without stopping the car and getting out a wooden stick!!
    ;):D:D
    I'm just not as basic a hot rodder as Jack... go ahead, Jack, and call me, "Hi tech Al.":eek::D:D

15. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nope, not sayin' a thing. I always knew that "stick method" was a little too "trailer park tech"...even for me. It was known as the "Flintstone gauge" among my fellow club members:D I took a LOT of razzing over the years because of it.;)

16. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

IMG_5319.JPG With the new steering wheel in place, I relocated the tach to a much more visible location. I used a sticky note to post "calibrated" speed;):D on the tach.

hotrodjack33 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Speedo ? We don't need no stinking speedo.:eek:

Ran it 12 years without a speedometer and never got a ticket...just made sure I was the 2nd fastest guy on any road I drove on.:D

18. John Heimerl

John Heimerl
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Virginia

Wheeler dealer month at Al’s!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  19. John Heimerl

John Heimerl
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Virginia

Got to see this one up close! Little wiring work ;-)

20. John Heimerl

John Heimerl
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Virginia

Looking good Al!

21. John Heimerl

John Heimerl
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Virginia

There will be no electrical failures with these gauges!

22. John Heimerl

John Heimerl
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Virginia

Yellow!? Not Al! ;-)

23. John Heimerl

John Heimerl
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Virginia

Yeah I should have gotten one of those Buick’s from you. But luckily I held back long enough....

24. John Heimerl

John Heimerl
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Virginia

Looking good!!