Register now to get rid of these ads!

1949 Mercury Paint & Trim Codes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by galaxiedave, Jan 5, 2014.

1. galaxiedave

galaxiedave

I just purchased a ’49 Mercury Coupe, nice unmodified car and I’d like to check the original paint and trim codes for the car. Unfortunately, unlike 1950 and later years these codes are not list in the Body Parts Catalog and I’ve been unsuccessful finding a resource that will translate these codes. Here are the details:

Paint Code: 04 – ???

Trim Code: 58H – ???

Also, does any know where I can a ’49 Mercury reference for future information.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. desotot

desotot

3. WA-Diver

WA-Diver

Good Morning Everyone. I hope you New Years are off to great starts. I just acquired a bucket list automobile; 1949 Mercury Eight 2-Door Woody Wagon. I was hoping to get some help with some of the numbers...

Trim Code 57
    Style No 9M 79
    Body No 4689

Can anyone shed some light on these?

Also, I would love to hear about any recommended to "improve the drivability and reliability" of this generation. I just finished cleaning the parts and debris out of the car, and am going to start on getting the engine and tansmission brought back to life. Plus, I need to learn to drive a "three on the tree" after I find a shift handle replacement. It is broken off at the column.

4. 52lomofo

52lomofo

whats your plans for it??