Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Looking for mobile welder / fabricator in SoCal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by longbeachcruzer, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Hey Guys/Girls,

I'm looking for recommendations for mobile welder fabricator to prep and re weld on a rear axle mount/bracket and install a panhard (or just mount brackets) on a 29 roadster with a ford 9". I would prefer to not have to flatbed it to a shop if I don't have to. I'm located in Long Beach Ca

Open to any and all recommendations!

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. mickeyc

mickeyc

I would think there are mobile welding services to be had
    in your area. Look on different internet sites as well as the
    simple yellow pages etc. The key to getting a good job done
    properly and with less expense is preparation. Have all your
    surfaces cleaned to bare metal. have any needed bevels
    ground ahead of time. Have the position of each component
    prefit and clearly marked with soap stone or center punch marks.
    etc. Around here there are several mobile welding services
    that actively advertise seeking work. If you know any one that works with a local natural gas line company ask them about
    subcontract mobile welders. Gas companies often use mobile
    subcontractors. Just a few suggestions I hope may help.

3. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

There are a bunch of mobile welders on craig's list.

4. mickeyc

mickeyc

Another thing I think may help. Be prepared to slide under the car to hold components in place for your welder to tack. Have what
    ever protective gear for yourself on hand so as not to delay the
    process. Time is money to these guys, in this case your money.
    The more expedient the process the better all around.

5. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-1-10_11-13-14.png

Hey LBC,
    Bill Williams Welding has been around in the Westside of Long Beach since 1945. It was several blocks from our own Westside home. Joe Mailliard Speed Shop was around the corner and Mickey Thompson's Shop was just down the main drag, Santa Fe Ave. near the fabulous Sante Fe Importers Deli that is still in business.
    upload_2021-1-10_11-19-31.png 1960 Lion's dragstrip pits...

My brother and I had Bill Williams' Shop custom make a sturdy tow bar to fit on the front end of our own 1940 Willys Coupe. It looked exactly like the one below this 1941 Willys Coupe from the Price Transfer Automobilia Group display.
    upload_2021-1-10_11-18-44.png
    The welding shop is still there, but they were bought out by a big conglomerate and continues the work done at the welding shop. It is still located at 1735 Santa Fe Ave Long Beach, CA 90813 (562) 432-5421

"C.W. Industries was founded in 1979 by Craig Wildvank who started with one portable welding truck and grew from there. In 2001, CW Industries acquired Bill Williams Welding Company Inc. which was a shop and Field Service Company that was established in Long Beach 1945."

Jnaki

Give them a call and see if they still have the mobil services. It is one of the biggest shops around the whole Westside of Long Beach and they have a great reputation. They do business all over the area and nearby harbor. (562) 432-5421 The last time I drove by that location was in 2019 when I stopped by the Lion's Dragstrip Museum and drove by my old neighborhood on the way home to the OC.

6. Thanks for
    Awesome! I know that area very well, and drive by there often. I will reach out for sure. Thanks again.

jnaki likes this.
  7. Thanks for the info and recomendations!

8. And I love my Santa Fe Importers sandwiches! Might be worth the trip over just for that.

jnaki likes this.